Universal Calculords (by Ninja Crime)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Greyskull, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Jrec15

Jrec15 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Also for people thinking the games get a little too long, check out turbo mode under options. Actually helps a good bit by speeding up and skipping the unnecessary animations

2. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll try it out. Hopefully it significantly cuts the play time down, because games running an hour or more start to become a little tedious.

3. Mack the Knife

Mack the Knife Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    #103 Mack the Knife, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
    everyone please add the chant We want save games to your posts.

also, i hope the devs notice that the card count totals for OFF: and PUSH: are reversed.

4. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Well that's twice I've tried at different times but I just can't do it, I usually love strategy games and card games but the math is killing it for me, I'm really terrible at math and I'm having to spend far longer than I want to admit thinking about the numbers and it's just not fun for me.
    The idea is great and the graphics are brilliant but that's me tapping out for the last time. (I should have paid more attention at school :confused:)

5. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    This game is brilliant!

Is the Dev SpacePenguinBot? I'd like to thank him for making this amazing game!

I'm going buy an IAP, and the Fun Club seems like the logical choice.

6. rpgmind

rpgmind Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Got the ad remover, and the extra packs intrigue me, but will multiple packs make the game too easy?

Also, the lack of a 'save game' has been mentioned multiple times. Does that mean it somehow resets if left for awhile in the multitasking tray? Thanks in advance!

7. Xaintrix

Xaintrix Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    This is how you do F2P and IAP. Definitely getting the club and maybe a pack or two down the line. Such a fun game!

8. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
    #108 Mack the Knife, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
    well, if it's any consolation it takes me some time (it's intense though!) to figure out my move so just take it slow. i mean, you don't have to do the math, you have a calculator right there! pick the unit you really want to play and try to get it's number say 45. multiply 6x6 and save the 36. ok, you need 9 more, right? you have a 7, 5, and 3 left. how can you make 9 from these? well, 7+2 is 9 so how do i get a 2? 5-3!! there you go 36+9 is 45!! do it that way for a while, get the unit you want then after a while you can start trying to use all the numbers for the bonus and get 2-3 units per turn. piece of cake :D

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    My friend who is majoring in math and is really darn good at math said the game was too difficult for her. She said finding the correct numbers was pretty easy but she said card placement was too hard and the enemies cards were always difficult to beat :\

10. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    While we're on hardships. I'll chime in with: I wish the cancel button for the calculator only undid your calculations by the last order that you did them in, and not clear all your combinations. Too many times I've had a few options, done a few compilations of calculations but hit cancel because I didn't like the last one I did, but it resets the whole board and I can't remember my first combination. If you get what I'm saying.

Also, knowing that each turn the solutions are numerous it can be a headache trying to work out the perfect combination....though slightly rewarding when you do. But this is the nature of the game.

Otherwise, quite an interesting little game, granted I really don't like sprite art.

11. Jrec15

Jrec15 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    If she struggled on the second boss, she might have just not realized the crucial strategy of focusing on the outer lanes. I have only made the $2 club purchase and was able to beat the second and third bosses both on my first try, so atleast so far i definitely dont think the game is too difficult

12. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    im finding on the ipad the game doesnt seem to respond well to key inputs im having to press and press again before it reg a key input do others have the same issue on the ipad 2 with display?

13. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
    maybe a little but you know what? i use a stylus and everything is a bit less sensitive to touch ever since iOS 7 so i don't think it's strictly the app.

14. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    i would disagree i got other games that work fine on IOS7 its just this one that seems to not respond

15. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I want save and asyn MP!

16. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Actually, negative integers are not a glitch and you can use them as a way to achieve a specific number you need. For instance, subtract 8 from 7 and you'll end up with -1. perhaps you need a 2 for a card so you add 3 to -1 and get 2. Does that make sense?

17. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    The developer has hinted at adding MP in a coming update.

18. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I've heard others mention this on iPad as well. So you're not alone.

19. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Dammy boy do you suggest the Fun Club IAP over a card pack? Seems like the logical choice, but just wanted to double check with the relative expert at the moment

20. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Lol. I think it's the best way to go starting out. The fun club gives you rarer cards upon victory plus an extra bonus card. It's worked out well for so far. :)