Universal Calculords (by Ninja Crime)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Greyskull, Feb 22, 2014.

1. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    #61 sapphire_neo, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
    It's entirely possible. You simply need to beat Fancybot to level up a few times so you have more cards in your hand. It also helps to get a few good cards from him. Pretty much every win over him was giving me one level till 10, at which point you can draw 2 additional cards each turn, have more hp and have more numbers in your calculator. The game unlocks the second battle a little too early.

A few tips for Krak, he always plays his suicide bombers in the middle lane, counter them with a small soldier. One hit and they all die. Focus all your firepower on lane 1 or 3, and defend the other with a few pushers. It will help immensely to have a Cosmo Cat pushing your offensive line as well. Trust me, it's possible.

What? I'm missing the reference.

2. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    thanks a lot for the tips pal, i'm going back to the game, it's a real gem!!!

3. Mack the Knife

Mack the Knife Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    hmm, no complaints yet about no save game option? some games are quite long so i can see this as a problem. anyone else?

means he is the OP, he listed the game on page #1

4. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I should begin charging for my 3:00 AM glassy-eyed app-store scouring.

;)

5. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    No reference-just silliness due to a distinct lack of sleep and too much time spent learning Z3TA+.

6. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    When I frequented this sight more often, I often just searched the new releases. TA lags the appstore, so I usually discover them through apptrackers. I love discovering a hidden gem.

7. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
    based on the number of posts you have i'd say you rather enjoy it :D

8. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    #68 ScotDamn, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
    No offense but I would have posted it soon after. ;)

And by the way, this isn't a "hidden gem". If you're at all familiar with Seanbaby, you would know this, sir.

9. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Oh, that monstrosity, good luck! I'm going to wait on a better MIDI implementation before picking that up.

10. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    #70 Tastyfish, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
    This is a gem. Played first level till I levelled up to 6 and felt I understood game better. Was able to beat Krak in first attempt with same type of strategy that was outlined previously (although I did not read it till after).

The built in calculator is really helpful and makes the game accessible.

If I'm still enjoying this game tmwr then I plan to buy an IAP to support.

Also each level has multiple different objectives that increase replay ability and encourages experimenting.

11. kirua

kirua Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Quick question, you only get to reset your hand/numbers once a turn by using up all the numbers right?

Is there an advantage for clearing numbers or cards again after a calculord bonus?

12. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Calculord Bonus x2 and Star Nerd Bonus are only for getting points which later become experience points. Leveling up is very important in this game so you should definitely aim for those bonuses.

13. Xissoric

Xissoric Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Yep, I was thinking the same thing. It becomes that much more annoying when the game crashes halfway through a match (I'm on an iPod 4G), and I lose all of the progress. These are pretty much the only complaints I have with the game, but they're pretty big ones.

14. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Honestly I haven't played a round I didn't finish yet. But that does suck.

15. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
    me too :D can't believe how much fun I'm having with this! I usually don't like games that look like they need a DOS emulator to run but this game is a hoot. thankfully no crashes on my iPad2 and the only thing i can find wrong with it is the lack of saves. Scot, can you contact the guy and ask him about that.

16. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Best SOUNDING so far imo. Fantastic /OT

17. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Finished the tutorial and I think I am hooked...

Since I get refunded from the Card Adventure thing, I pay for the Fun Club.

This one really asks for aysnc MP.

18. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

That's not true. Weblock works like a charm. You can set up your own dummy server if you don't trust the app's defaults. It's all transparent.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=218470

19. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Neat game with some original mechanics. I wish there was an option for confirmations when you push attack though, as the attack button is right next to the clear button and I have pushed it a couple of times by mistake. Also, wow, the difficulty REALLY ramps up fast, would have been nice to have at least a slightly more gradual difficulty curve. On the third enemy and can summon some creature with stats in the double digits. Only beat him once so far simply by retrying the stage again and again until the AI didn't use cards I couldn't deal with one after another.

20. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Awesome game. Really enjoying it so far.

I did run across a bug. After clearing all the number tiles I immediately pressed "fight" which caused the new red numbers to stick around during the next set of blue numbers. This resulted in overlapping numbers which caused all kinds of confusion and visual glitches.

A possible fix could be to disable the fight button while the red tiles are coming in so one doesn't hit fight without realizing he is getting more tiles.