Universal Calculords (by Ninja Crime)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Greyskull, Feb 22, 2014.

1. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    #41 ScotDamn, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    Yes they're worth it, but still optional. If you're only going with one at first, I would go with the Fun Club which gives you an extra card on every victory and makes said cards rarer along with removing ads.

Edit: I've been playing this so much, When I was falling asleep last night, my mind was doing simple math problems that I saw in the game. :eek:

2. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    This is a great game. Don't be put off by the math. After a few plays you realize you're just making moves to use up all the tiles. Setting things up so you can multiply by 1 or 0 is a great way of removing or preserving tiles on the board.

3. Mack the Knife

Mack the Knife Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    #43 Mack the Knife, Feb 23, 2014
    @ScotDamn, i didn't quite understand the Fun Club. you already get cards for winning, correct? with Fun Club you just always get 1 more than you would have gotten? is that how it works? also, is that one card you get in amongst the card packs you can buy? meaning, i think there are 5 packs with 6 cards so if you had Fun Club and won 30 games would you then have all the cards? (hopefully you understood this but anyone with basic math skills should be able to :D)

P.S. if you don't play while connected (like me) you don't see the ads so 'removing the ads' is not an incentive to buy Fun Club...

4. 61050

61050 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2013
    this game is awesome, other than the 'made for DOS' visual aesthetics.

5. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Right, with the fun club you get one extra card, but all cards rewarded are rarer than without the club IAP. I'll need to check to see of they're part of the IAP card packs though. I suspect there's a large card pool with various rarities, and the IAP cards are unquie - not part of that pool. But let me check and see.

Regarding the attack, yes you're correct. Every unit in a connected line will attack. The only reason they wouldn't attack is if all the enemy units were eliminated with previous units at the front of the line or the unit isn't connected to your line yet.

6. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Wow I love this. What a great concept. Few niggles though...

How do I obtain new numbers to use?

Is anyone else experiencing some poor response to the calculator buttons and also in the deck builder? I'm using a retina iPad mini and sometimes I find I have to press several times on a button to get a response from it.

Jamie

7. Pickman

Pickman Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Indeed, button response on the ipad is somewhat lackluster. I also have no idea how to obtain more numbers. Since i am new to this deckbuilding thing, i wonder if i should use less cards in my deck. Right now, i have shoved all my available cards in one deck. Still i am not able to beat cpl. Krak. I have to figure out what i am doing wrong here. Played this game every free minute today and enjoyed every second of it though.

8. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I can tell you you start out with 1 through 9. You also obtain more numbers between 1 and 9. You can edit what numbers appear in your deck. This is within the deck edit screen. The minimum is 30 cards BTW. Give ghe game some time, and you'll start getting ideas and forming strategies in no time. :)

9. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Ok I just checked, I can't quite confirm for sure, but it says that once you unlock a card pack, you get the 6 cards AND you can start to obtain them from enemiy victories. So this leads me to believe they're unique and not part of the fun club. :(

Personally, I'm buying card packs as well so no big deal for me. You mentioned no being online which doesn't allow ads to display, however I'm playing on my phone which I need online so that part is more beneficial to me. I'll contiue to look into what this "rarer card rewards" means.

I did send a tweet to Seanbaby, the designer, about this thread so maybe he will grace us with his presence. :)

10. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Thanks - I get that - but how do I obtain the missing numbers so I can select those? I get the fixed 1-9 and then I can choose from an assortment of digits to add to the locked 1-9. How can I obtain access to all digits to choose from here?

Cheers

Jamie

11. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    or having installed Weblock is a better alternative to play without adds while you're connected on wi-fi... i have it and didn't notice about adds :)

12. Pickman

Pickman Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2013
    You are absolutely right!!! I reduced my deck to the minimum of 30 cards and made some preselections. And I was able to beat krak the next time i tried. So much fun. The units are great, the mechanics are superb. I will buy all the extra card packs just to support this game!

Although i'm not into multiplayer, i can see immense potential here for the game. I hope for more content even if i did not beat the game yet, nor did i see through all the depths and tricks.

13. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
    #53 Mack the Knife, Feb 23, 2014
    i play on an iPad so don't need to be connected so don't need 3rd party software. for all you know Weblock is sending your surfing data to some ad agency somewhere so be careful...

@ScotDamn

- so what you're seeing from Fun Club are cards other than the 30 you see in the IAP decks?

"Personally, I'm buying card packs as well "

which did you buy? like any one over the other? i can't decide which to buy so i guess i'll play a little more to see which kinds of cards (soldier, tactics, mutate, push, etc) seem to do the most good then find a pack with those types. how did you decide?

14. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    DO I DISSAPOINT?

Often, actually. ;)

15. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Yes, I'm seeing different cards thus far.

I haven't bought anything other than the club IAP yet so I wouldn't feel good about recommending one over another. I will say that they seem to offer various packages for different uses. So one might be more beneficial to a specific strategy or deck you're going after than others.

I don't think any would hurt. But for instance if you're finding yourself really wanting to utilize more armor to put at the front line, the bottom IAP: "Longbow Panzer's Mud and Blood!" could be pretty useful.

One of those cards deploys three - 3 attack 4 hp tanks. :eek: It also comes with the Omega Tank with 6 attack and 12 HP - And a repair unit to put behind said tanks to keep 'em repaired. :)

16. Ponycakes

Ponycakes Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 27, 2012
    Another reason I love the TA app's "Hot Games" list. I stumbled in here out of curiousity, and am now in love with this game.

Bought the "Club" IAP, and may buy the packs, too!

17. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
    thanks Scotdamn and a question to you or anyone. have you played at all with the deck editor? seems like there are already 3 pre-built decks. if you're viewing Deck 1 (default) and do a Load, you can load the other 2 and they are different. now tell me, if i wanted to clear ALL the decks and start over i'd just go into each of the 3 decks, tap all the cards along the bottom row putting them in the top, available row, then go in a design 3 new ones. does that sound like how it should be? anyone have any experience in this?

18. Ponycakes

Ponycakes Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 27, 2012
    Another reason I love the TA app's "Hot Games" list. I stumbled in here out of curiousity, and am now in love with this game.

Bought the "Club" IAP, and may buy the packs, too!

19. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    So far this is an excellent strategy/puzzle game, bought the Club IAP as well, but want to play a little more before buying the IAP packs. Though the math is very basic, it does make strategizing more challenging, and fun.

20. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #60 Gwarmaxx, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
    but it's nearly impossible pass through Cpl. Krak, the second opponent, without bought some IAP cards :(

too hard, too fast!