Universal Calculords (by Ninja Crime)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Greyskull, Feb 22, 2014.

1. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Nice! It's good to know I'm not alone. :cool:

2. Xissoric

Xissoric Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    #23 Xissoric, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    Holy crap, all these people in this thread saying this game is too difficult because of the math are making me sad. Such a great game, and if you are even mildly intelligent, and are capable to of doing basic addition, subtraction, and multiplication (which is all of the math that's in this game), then you'll do just fine. I'm having a blast playing this. The game even does the calculations for you, you just enter in the numbers and the operator, and it's done. It even allows you to undo it if you messed up.

Long story short, definitely pick this game up for free.

Edit: Oh, and it works offline, which automatically makes it better than many other CCGs on the AppStore. I reduced my score to 4 stars because I've had the game crash a couple times in the middle of a match, causing me to lose that match's progress.

3. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    #24 ScotDamn, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    I think only one person said it was too difficult. I'm still loving it.

4. witedahlia

witedahlia Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention. I would have gotten the game anyway because it looks AWESOME; but to find out it is the product of my personal hero Seanbaby is even more awesome. Can't wait to try it out when I get home.

5. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Holy crap, this is so good. There are so many abilities. It's a full featured CCG, and you can get very far without paying a single cent. The progression is extremely lenient, I've been gaining a level with pretty much each win. I'm up to level 11, now I can draw up to 6 cards each turn, have 8 numbers in my calculator and am up to 15 HP. The very first time I unlocked the second battle I got completely wiped out but I grinded the first battle for 6 levels (6 games) and tried again, resulting in a narrow but well fought win. There is just so much to love in this game. I love the flavour chatter, opponents have a lot of hilarious things to say about cards that you, their position in the game, your delay in working out the numbers. It's just outstanding. The best part is that the iAP is the non-consumable kind. There are only $12 worth of iAPs in the game.

6. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    The graphics have drawn my attention like a fly drawn to a zap trap. Downloading as we speak. If it's good he will get my 12 dollars lol. (Notice not just 1.99 but 12 haha). Yeah, his articles were always awesome! Does he write cracked articles occastionally too?

Hmmmm. I can't wait to try this. It's probably downloaded now. Ima hit submit reply and play. K ciao

7. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    That tutorial was a really bad experience.

8. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Xissoric, don't get me wrong. I love this game. Im just bad at math! Maybe this will sharpen my skills!

9. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Here's a lesson in freemium devs, one game tries to sell me smurfberries while pretending to sell "variety" and I stay as far away from said smurfberries as possible. Another game tries to sell me tangible content with a price ceiling and I buy all of it. Sell content guys, not currency.

10. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Well it's a new day, so I'll redownload this and try again, giving it a little more time this time.

11. Pickman

Pickman Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2013
    This game is sooo good!

I was a little hesitant because of the math mechanic but this game pushes all the right buttons. Extremely enjoyable and fun. You really have to try it, even if you sucked at math, like i did in school, this game is so easy to grasp and has such depth to it, that i see myself playing this over and over again.

12. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Downloaded...

Graphics funny, and the music is so good that I actually left it on.

Two questions. Are the extra card packs worth it, and if so, which one to get for starters?

Question for the developer, is it possible to implement an auto deck builder button for players who are not into deck building?

13. Xissoric

Xissoric Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Oh, my post wasn't directed at you, I was just talking about the people in this thread who have said this game has been soured by the math aspect of it. I just don't get it.

14. RLennon

RLennon Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2013
    I downloaded this game and played the demo. It's fantastic! But, it crashes when I try to play the first match with fancy bot. I can't get past that. Now I can't play :(.

I am playing on an iPad mini. Anyone else having this problem? This is a really cool game. It's right up my alley. Too bad about the crashing.

Rob

15. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    This is easily my favorite game from this year so far and it might hold that position until I get FTL AE.

16. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    This game with synchronous multiplayer it could be amazing. :(

17. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Yes! This game is a perfect for async mp. I really hope they add it in at some point. Even without mp I am perfectly happy with the current product.

18. Pickman

Pickman Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2013
    @RLennon: it crashed on me too. I found out, that it did not crash if i had more than 30 cards in my deck. Seems to be a bug though.

19. Mack the Knife

Mack the Knife Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    @oooooomonkey
    remember, you can add, subtract and multiply using the in game calculator to try different combinations then hit C if your total doesn't come out to what you want. also, you can try this:
    [​IMG]

also, the IAP's are forever so i wouldn't mind paying $1.99 or so for more cards to support this game. has anyone purchased any of the IAP cards? any suggestions on which set is best to start with?