Universal [CA] Spooky Pop (by Supercell)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 14, 2009
    TouchArcade monkey.
    Sacramento, CA
    [​IMG]
    Spooky Pop

Supercell
    Genres: Games Entertainment Family Puzzle
    Free ​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Supported Devices:

• iPhone4
    • iPodTouchFifthGen
    • iPadMini
    • iPhone5
    • iPhone4S
    • iPodTouchourthGen
    • iPad23G
    • iPadThirdGen4G
    • iPhone-3GS
    • iPad2Wifi
    • iPadMini4G
    • iPadFourthGen
    • iPadThirdGen
    • iPadFourthGen4G
    • iPhone5s
    • iPhone5c

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 42.1MB

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Looks interesting I've played similar games, not what I was hoping for next from Supercell though

3. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    thing is when you think supercell you think with CoC or boom beach they need to have something else to bring players in you agree?

4. toptrops

toptrops Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2014
  5. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Of course but there are other types I'd prefer, downloading to take a look anyway even though I'm not usually a puzzle fan.

6. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    The puzzle stuff is fun. A new take on match 3 especially when you can try to chain multiple moves together. There is of course the whole "saga" level path we've seen overdone and annoying Facebook integration with energy meters.

7. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    #7 Pipipitchu, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
    I would love to see King releasing a freemium MMO real time strategy game now. My world would be complete.

8. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Seems too much like a king copy to me but doesn't seem as accessible as my parents play candy crush and no other games and I can imagine the troops you power up here through match 3 or not would put them off.

Makes me want to at least take a look though

9. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    This looks good. I like the art and the innovative take on match 3. However, I would be much more interested if it wasn't another freemium saga title with lots of social crap.

10. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    It's pretty good with a large skill component necessary since 3 (or even 2) starring some of the levels requires you to really analyze the board.

Definite props for coming up with another iteration on the match-3 mechanic: while all tile swaps are simply two adjacent tiles (no PAD/BC swooping here), you have a certain amount of time to swap another 2 tiles, with each match extending the time a wee bit. Analyzing the board correctly and moving quickly can let you clear ~75% or more of the board in one move.

Definitely still rough around the edges, not what you would expect from a final release from Super Cell, e.g. everyone on the map is facing north and crab walking. Difficulty is pretty uneven with one level being nigh impossible to 3 star after multiple attempts but the next one being 3 starred on the first try. But, definitely fun and a worth addition to the many casual aimed match 3 games out there.

11. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Supercell cancelled Spooky Pop. It's a shame, i kind of liked it.