Universal [CA] Fun Hospital - a Nice Day (by OrangesGame Technology Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by hellscaretaker, Nov 28, 2015.

1. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Thanks!

Having a small area to build in at first is quite good I think, it stops it all being overwhelming at the start. I quite like the look of the areas that unlock later too, it's nice that it isn't just one big square, it makes it more interesting.

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm pretty sure they plan to keep the building areas seperate as they are as they said it would be a huge amount of work to change it. But they were talking about making some rooms smaller like the x-Ray psy rooms and also make the areas a little bigger.

I'm on level 17 now 20 is my next big step that unlocks 3 buildings and the third area.

3. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I asked about the app name because I'm not very keen on it and the devs said they might be changing it and just went with the because of ASO (whatever that is?)

Also they are adding a disease handbook hopefully before Christmas that'll have all the diseases and info in it.

4. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    In all honest im surprised EA have not taken a dim view of this game as it's so heavily inspired by theme hospital. As i know how EA like to protect their I.P. rights

5. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Hopefully that won't happen, it's not like the graphic style is anywhere near the same and the game is pretty different still I think but I hardly remember much about Theme Hospital these days.

I'm pretty sure the devs are foreign also as their English is good but not 100%

6. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    If anyone has feedback on what they like and don't like or want changed or added ect the dev wants feedback from players. It's easy to find them on Facebook by searching the app name and they respond quite often.

7. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    The name really is quite pants. It's just so generic, it's almost as bad as calling it "Hospital Game" or something like that.

I've had it crash a few times, but not very often, it is playable in its current state.

I've reached a point now where I would like to build one more room, but I don't really have the space, and I've got a few levels to go before I can unlock the next area - plus I'm sure I will need more tickets than I have to unlock that area, so I'll have to spend some time gathering those. Another room will just about fit, but it would leave me with no space to rearrange rooms. I don't know what the solution would be - make some of the rooms a bit smaller maybe?

8. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    The layouts are tough early game depends what level you are? There certainly is a big slowdown waiting to hit level 8 I think and once you start getting emergencies that helps speed things up to level 10 to buy your first area expansion.

You'll quickly realize you need to cram stuff in you only need a narrow space for walkways.

Sadly my game is completely broken at the minute : ( all of my doctors do nothing and I can't fix it nor can the devs it seems which sucks as the event going on at the minute is making me more money by getting through patients quicker.

9. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Is this out in USA yet.

10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    UK and CA only as far as I know, they are testing a new version now to try and have it out before Christmas but no idea when they plan to go worldwide.

11. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    So maybe Im just stupid but why cant I cure some things. Lovelorn, Regret... I have a pharmacy it says the technology isnt good enough. There isnt a way to upgrade it so.. wtf. Stupid as shit game.

12. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    You can upgrade them, over by your money box and exp building there's a building that lets you upgrade your buildings occasionally which allows them to cure new diseases. Also put your best members of staff in the treatment rooms.

It sucks as you get further it's harder to cure things but the devs are working on balancing it.

13. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Got it thanks. Is it just me or is it just really boring grind from like lvl 5-10? Seems to go veeeery slowly. I doing something wrong?

14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    No your right it is, at level 7/8 I think it is you get emergencies and have 3 a day which helps with getting exp so it seems to stop being a problem then but waiting until you get them is slow. Always chose exp rewards from patients when you get those letters as cash is easy to come by.

You also struggle space wise until level 10 when things get easier....not the curing though. Although the devs asked if I could test the new version which I'm still waiting on but they think it'll be finished for Tuesday so I'm unsure if they are launching properly after that trying to get it out before the freeze or what. But my game is currently completely unplayable and I'm losing a fortune : ( plus I'm 4th in the rankings so it doesn't help there either.

15. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Thanks for humoring me bud. Im almost at lvl 8. Sucks that I cant just let it sit and run

16. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    You can, although admittedly it's a stupid way for a game to work I told them they need to either add more to do so its worth keeping open and playing or they need to make it more of a sim hospital game and have it run while the app is closed and make you cash by treating patients still.

Depends how much you care about your stats though if you have some great doctors in your cure rooms it'll affect that but if everybody is pretty equal just leave the app open if you want. Set the rate of visitors to 80% and staff rest at 70 energy and it'll run just fine.

I've been doing it because I couldn't really care less about stats but even though I have elite doctors it didn't really change my stats much at all by them swapping jobs automatically. It obviously also depends how much staff you have for swapping jobs on their own. But personally I check back every 3 hours when possibly and if there's a good staff member hire them. I have about 27 doctors!

The best stats for doctors are 15 ability 5 charm, 12% efficiency and 120 energy with skills like Hannibal, Huff, Serge ect I also use Ross as GP offices don't need skilled doctors.

Nurse wise other than Florence who is a level 3 and comes with the best stats possible for level 3 you have to pick nurses that are at 15/5/12 and only 105 energy I think it is.

Cleaners the red ones are best and have better stats than the people in green suits for those you want 0/5/12/120

17. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    This game is so heavily inspired by Theme Hospital, that it has no own identity at all.

18. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I hardly remember that game at all these days other than its name and a general idea.

Either way is that really a new thing in the gaming world? Pretty much everything is just like something else.

Besides it still need more to it, if theme hospital was like this it would have been boring very quickly.

19. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    #39 touchy85, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    Theme Hospital didn't have a lot of depth, but it was super charming and funny. You had to cure people with a huge tongue or people who looked like a Wookie.

I don't really care about people copying older games. There's no Theme Hospital on the app store, so maybe this is better than nothing. But there's pretty much nothing in Fun Hospital that isn't in Theme Hospital, at least try to improve the game you're copying. Theme Hospital does literally everything better than Fun Hospital, even the graphics are beter. After 1 minute I thought: why am I playing this, while I can go to gog.com and get Theme Hospital.

20. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Release in USA . I will buy ten copies