Universal [CA] Brawl Stars (by Supercell)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Morolord, Jun 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimchisoju

Kimchisoju Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    I do understand this because i had 6 characters in 4 days but good lawrd, i get the new player, get gud idea too.im not for it or against it as of yet but any gold decrease will sour an experience for me just a bit but it wont stop me playing

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

This is why games soft launch. :)

3. hitgirl

hitgirl New Member

Jun 20, 2017
    only in Canada so far?

Just to confirm, only soft launched in Canada so far? From what I see, looks like fun, and looking forward to seeing it hit the US App Store.

4. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Dangit, you also moved my post that was just about the gameplay and improving the control options Eli. And you could've responded to my points instead of just nuking the thread into no man's land.

I've got two things to say about this recent update, but might only be able to say one because this place is shifting around echo chamber style. They buffed Ricochet so I'm going to stick with him for a very long time. Now, am I allowed to bring up discussion points here about the gold nerf, or does that have to immediately go to the monetization thread that won't have any traction or eyes on it? Because there is something to be said about that nerf and the reasoning that it's to "smooth the progression" of newer players. As if there's a single player in this entire world that had this reaction to the game: "OH CRAP, I HAVE LIKE 5-6 HEROES FOR THIS GAME, I'M CONFUSED BY THESE CHARACTERS THAT HAVE ONE REGULAR ATTACK AND ONE SPECIAL ATTACK, I WISH THEY WOULD NERF THE GOLD SO I GET LESS FOR THE TIME I PUT IN!" But I better stop there. I wish I could have more of an elaboration from Eli when on the front page article he says this reasoning totally makes sense to him.

5. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Once I got the hang of this I started to enjoy it. That said, here are my complaints: The controls suck. I cannot get my guy to go anywhere I want him to at the worst possible moment. And yes I am using joystick mode. And the rewards are really stingy. How are you supposed to level up your character when each section has a limited amount of coins to win? Am I missing something? I want to keep playing but...

6. ZeroVoid

ZeroVoid Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
    We need a way to see who our team picked before we finalize our character.

7. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Agreed, like Overwatch. I'd feel more like I was a useful part of a team.

8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm not finding much reason to return to this game one your all played out you have to wait until a new level shows up as I don't see much point in just playing for trophies.

9. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Trophies = Rank up = GOLD
    Playing = Level up = GOLD
    GOLD = BRAWLERS / UPGRADES

10. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Given that you're approaching 900 trophies, I'll take your position on this one!

11. epickev

epickev Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 24, 2015
    Account Manager
    New Zealand
    The touch arcade band is full.
    Any thoughts on a second one for scrubs etc ?

12. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    We actually have one spot open right this moment.

13. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #53 ArtNJ, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    I was in Touch Arcade X for a while, but Bands aren't that useful unless they have a higher activity level then a clan needs for Clash Royale. A "low key" band just isn't much use in Brawl Stars unfortunately unless it is mostly people from your time zone that play at the same times.

Its unfortunate, because playing with a Band, sometimes you get on a roll with players that mesh with your play style and brawler, and you can win 10 in a row or more even if you aren't that great. Whatever your skill level, you are gonna have more trophies if you mostly play with Band mates.

It would probably be better to up bands to 75 to permit bands of less active players to still enjoy the matchmaking benefits.

14. epickev

epickev Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 24, 2015
    Account Manager
    New Zealand
    Lol ok il get to 200 trophies fast.

15. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Yep. Good thoughts.

16. FireHex

FireHex New Member

Jul 1, 2017
    Brawl Stars - IOS6.1.2?

Hi, can Brawl Stars run under IOS 6.1.2 ?

17. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Rich#7918 on Discord if anyone wants to team up. (I'm new but always the player of the game and just these types of games seem to be full of idiots for some reason haha)

If anyone wants to team up or chat whilst playing and get some groups together just let me know. (29 and located EST for time variance)

18. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    The near mandatory social environment for this game is not great. Bands are either not active enough to be worthwhile, or the variety that boots the low trophy player every day, which seems to encourage people to be jerks if things don't go well. I was in a decent active band for a few days, but it self destructed within 6 hours after they tried to start a 3rd "family" band -- people saw a few top players leaving for the new band and it started a chain reaction. It is also kind of idiotic that most bands seem to require discord, then no one even uses it to play games with voice coordination.

I dunno, once your brawlers are levelled up as high as your skill will readily take them, there is very little progression and the nonsense looms larger. It can definitely be fun to "breakthrough" and level up after a big struggle, and its also fun when you catch lightning in a bottle and go on a huge run with Band mates, but there is a lot more nonsense than Clash Royale as well.

19. ChaosProdigy

ChaosProdigy Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    TouchArcade1 has space in our Band. A bit about us and what we are looking for:

TouchArcade1 is seeking active players who plan to play Brawl Stars for years. We all use Discord, and our TouchArcade1 clan in Clash Royale is ranked in top 170 in the world. Let us help you be the best player you can be while hanging out with some friends for the long term.

Our spots are extremely limited and at the moment we are not focused on how many trophies the person has, we just want some chill active players who think they would enjoy socializing in Discord and for the long term.

Some of us have been gaming together for years cross many games, join us by sending me a private message!

20. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    anyone willing to lend me an itunes account so i can download this? got too many accounts and I don't remember which is which (and more importantly i don't want to make a new one)