Universal [CA] Brawl Stars (by Supercell)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Morolord, Jun 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MobileOnTapYT

MobileOnTapYT Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2017
    Anyone getting fairly common 'bad network connection'?

2. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Nope
    I've been surprised how stable it's been actually, for a popular soft launch.

3. Tucker

Tucker Active Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Wish I had Canadian account to try this, love all the other games by them.

4. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Grab an address from google maps and make one; apparently I'm a green grocers in Ottawa.
    Only takes a few minutes.

5. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    My twelve year old made the account for me. He is the 4th highest trophy player in touch arcade X too lol. I just started last night, super fun. I got the musical healer, which I guess is a rare, but he seems pretty situational. Good for heist defense anyway.

Is there a consensus as to the best common brawler to level?

6. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    They are all pretty good actually . Some shine in different game modes, but it comes down to player skill.
    Find the one you like the best and level that.
    Shelly, the starter brawler, is actually really good in most situations and it wouldn't hurt to level her.
    People say Primo is OP, but you just need to be aware and keep him at range.
    Poco is good in just about every game mode, he is a healer. If you have a good team the support is invaluable.
    Again, it comes down to finding what you enjoy and learning it well.

My advice would be to just play for a bit and save your elixir. You'll know in good time who you want to spend it on.

Btw, I'm in toucharcade X too :)

7. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    I think (gameplay) server is in Canada and that's why you are getting that. Assuming you are not in Canada.

8. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Yeah I have a strong wifi setup and am having issues solely with this game, so I'm going cellular when I play, and have no issues when I do that.

I'm in the U.S. if relevant.

9. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    What's your handle? You're in CR Toucharcadia right? I'm Furo there (but obviously inactive) and D1v1dedby2 in this game, but am in the main TA band.

10. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I'm in TouchArcade X in both games.
    I'd rather not give out my handle here, but if you're really curious we can pm #

11. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Was just lucky enough to get Crow, one of the Legendaries from a 100 coin trade-in. Curious, in MOBAs are the characters generally all equally balanced (for different rolls) or are rares and especially legendaries generally slightly better? Crow is a team-oriented long range dotter, and will never excel in the FFA modes as he has both low health and low single target direct damage (seems like significantly less single target direct damage than the dynamiter or rocket dude). Right now, he feels fairly adequate for his intended role, but no more than that...i.e. not "legendary" as I'm used to the term. (BTW, his special is a targetable leap that dots up everyone in a ring, but does low single target damage...ie its primarily for escape, or just to dot everyone up and then try and get out of dodge before they kill ya).

I'm thinking I'll focus on leveling up his skills on the theory that they will likely buff him before global release.

12. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    It seems to me that in Brawl Stars, the roles go from broad (Shelly) to more focused (like crow) as you go from common to legendary rarity.
    A more focused role allows you to excel more in certain position within a coordinated team, whereas a less focused role allows you to cover more positions but not as strong in any of them.
    If that makes sense.

13. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

14. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #34 ArtNJ, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    It does, but I don't think it is actually true. There are a bunch of other long range los shooters at the various rarities, and Crow is not necessarily more specialized than any of them, except for the inability to kill anything directly, which is hardly a specialization. Not a bad card, I've gotten him to level 7 so far, just doesn't seem like one of the two legendaries in the game to me, so I'm betting that will get tweaked a bit. In Clash Royale, Supercell seems to try hard for unique mechanics and to err slightly on the side of strength for legendaries so I'm betting we'll see changes to Crow. Right now there is a decent argument that Colt, Ballistic and maybe even Nita are better for all game modes, and the rocket launcher dude isn't clearly worse either.

By way of aside, it also annoys me that we don't know how strong the DOT is, and whether it increases with increases in the daggers. The only thing that shows is that the daggers do 60 base, with +3 for an upgrade.

15. Maelwolf

Maelwolf Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Does anyone have an idea how matchmaking is working? Is it based on individual characters trophies, total player trophies, player level, or some combination? I can't see opponent info other than noticing health on characters so I'm curious.

16. Maelwolf

Mar 18, 2016
    Fixes and balances on the way:

17. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Wow they are LOWERING gold rewards?? It already feels small.
    And no gem rewards :(

18. Maelwolf

Mar 18, 2016
    Yeah, I really didn't think the gold rewards were overly generous as is. I'm really glad Poco is getting nerfed though, he is way too powerful of an attacker for a supposed healer.

19. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Yeah Poco seems in a good place now.
    The gold tho...it's supposed to HELP new players by earning less gold and creating a larger gap in the population?
    The logic fails...

20. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

The long-term effect of the gold nerf is people are going to be better at the game. They throw a LOT of new dudes at you very early, so instead of having a couple brawlers you're really good with, you've got six brawlers you're very mediocre with. If anything, they messed up by not launching the game like this. I had 1/3 of the available brawler pool unlocked after playing for ~3 hours on the first day. That seems... not right.