Universal Byte Master (by Oleh Vasylevych)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Stigol, Apr 29, 2015.

1. gaymerX

gaymerX Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2014
    The first page has a good help section posted by the dev. Helped me a lot b

2. gaymerX

gaymerX Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2014
    The .99¢ IAP for 'save bytes and continue" is a one time purchase? I wish it had told me that. I thought I would give the dev some cash because I love this game so much, but I didn't expect the save function to be a one time consumable. I wish it had told me beforehand. I don't regret spending the money, I just wish I had known.

Can the dev please explain the time numbers and what they mean in the "offline energy" section? It's very confusing.

3. Cool_Roxas

Cool_Roxas Active Member

Mar 25, 2011
    edited.

Just noticed this has the same developer as 2048 idle. I really enjoyed the game on Android and great job on this one! The interface is much nicer.

4. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    What does the "Combo Panel" on option do?

5. cheesebanana

cheesebanana Member

Feb 9, 2013
    Pretty sure those equate to how much time the game will continue to collect bytes for you at the rate indicated in the bottom right, whilst the game is closed.

So for my attached image, if I close my game as it currently stands, I will continue earning 207bytes per second, for 16 minutes, before the game stops generating more.

Besides a sore lack of explanation on rather abstract concepts, this game rules. Super enjoyable mindless three action instead of "clicking", built into a standard clicker/idler game system which then feeds back into the threes. At first I was stoked when I managed to reach 1kb, now I'm hitting 16kb combos pretty often.

6. ZorakZoran

ZorakZoran Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    How do you activate the iCloud option ?
    I played on my iPad, iCloud is activated, it is also activated on my iPhone, but nothing happens.

7. Stigol

Stigol Member

Apr 3, 2015
    iCloud saves your progress each time when you perform "drip" or "level-up". So when you install the app on new device the game asks if you want to download your progress from iCloud.

If you already have the game on both devices iCloud saves the latest data. So if you want to upload the latest game data you need to turn off and then turn on iCloud in Options menu.

8. Stigol

Stigol Member

Apr 3, 2015
    It only shows your combos.

9. ZorakZoran

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    I'm sorry but on my iPhone 6+, iOS 8.3, it doesn't work. I just deleted the game, reinstalled it, I have the notification from Game Center that I'm logged in, but nothing happens, I'm not proposed to download my progress from the cloud. I played a bit on my iPhone, was level 3, I even tried to turn off and on iCloud in the menu, but after reinstall nothing, I even lost the progress I made on it. I'm level 15 I think on my iPad, would be nice to continue the game on my phone.

10. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Can someone enlighten me on how the save works?
    I enjoyed it yesterday and uppn ending my session a dialog showed up asking if i want to save by watching some ads.
    I did and "something" saved.
    My question is do i loose all my progress if i don't opt for the save next time or what will happen if i choose to decline the option for save?

11. ZorakZoran

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    I can answer that. What you save is the amount of bytes you earned during the game. So I often spend everything when I feel I may lose. Or I watch some ads to keep my earnings.

12. amusing Grace

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Thank you for the quick reply.
    I was afraid i might loose my level, but this is ok.

13. ZorakZoran

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    No problem, I'm watching the thread to see if the dev can solve my iCloud issue, I'm really addicted to the game so I can't wait to continue playing. :)
    I often lose some bytes when I lose, no big deal, just remember to spend them with the "drip" option or by buying devices or energy when you feel you'll die soon. ;)
    The only time I watch ads is when I forgot to do this, and that I have a nearly full bar of bytes to spend.

14. ZorakZoran

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    Ok, so when I came back from work I tried to turn iCloud off and on from my iPad, there it tells me if I want to load data from the Cloud. I canceled, so I don't erase my game on the iPad. I then tried to do the same again on my iPhone, but nothing, it doesn't propose me to load my game from the cloud.

15. amusing Grace

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    The very same is happenening to me on Air 2 and iPhone 5, both on iOS 8.2
    I'll try to level up on my Air2 later and see if that pushes a save to the cloud for the iPhone.

16. Stigol

Stigol Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Thanks for helping figure out this. We found the issue – this is our bug. We tried to overcome this in this game version but now there is no way out to fix it, only in the next update. Hope for your understanding. Sorry again!

17. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    What is difference between this game and classic 2048?

18. amusing Grace

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    No problem for me, glad the issue is located and fixable.
    I do really enjoy the game a lot, well done devs!

19. ZorakZoran

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    No problem, I'm just sad I can't play during my pauses at work, but on the bright side it gives me more time to read books ! :D
    I know that if you could give an ETA for the update you would have, but any estimate ?
    And so, when the update will be out, how will it work exactly ?
    I have my game on my iPad, iCloud is activated, if I understood correctly everytime I make a drip or a level up, the save is sent to iCloud. When I'll want to continue playing on my phone, I'll launch the game, turn iCloud off and on in options, load the data, good to go ?
    Anyway thanks for the game, great addition to the genre, I'm loving it. Hope you have success with it, even if I don't like the f2p system as it is.

20. ZorakZoran

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    You should try it, it's 2048 with a progression system, much like clickers games, so even if the principle is absolutly the same as 2048, you have a FEELING of making progress. An illusion really, the game stays the same, the only real progress is the special abilities you unlock (undo, swap, etc), but it works with me at least, I'm hooked. :rolleyes: