iPad Buzzle, Squazzle, Dizzle, Trizzle - finally released

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by misoba, Sep 22, 2010.

1. misoba

misoba Active Member

Aug 30, 2010
    All 4 slide puzzle apps finally released! Looking for testers.

- OpenFeint powered leaderboards and achievements
    - free play and challenge modes
    - you can choose pictures from gallery included in the game, your photo albums or photo taken by the camera

4 apps - 4 shapes
    Buzzle Puzzle - hexagon, easy
    Squazzle Puzzle - square, classic/medium
    Dizzle Puzzle - diamond, hard
    Trizzle Puzzle - equilateral triangle, tricky (hard to learn, easy later)

Buzzle Puzzle

Buzzle is a hexagon-shaped tiles sliding puzzle game. How fast can you put the tiles in order? Free play and Challenge m…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Buzzle is a hexagon-shaped tiles sliding puzzle game. How fast can you put the tiles in order? Free play and Challenge modes. You can choose pictures from gallery included in the game, your photo albums or photo taken by the camera. OpenFeint powered LeaderBoards and Achievements, compare your times and number of moves with the others from around the world or your friends.

See in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yARt6vEGEpM

Previous version reviews:

Fun tile sliding game ****
    by Secondtime

Nice game. I like that you can choose one of the stock photos or you can take one from your photo album or even take a shot from the phone's camera. The puzzles are the classic sliding tile (hexagon, here) puzzle. I like having the inset of the picture you're trying to solve - definitely helps guide me. The graphics are nice, and the touch control for sliding the tile around works great. You do need to go to the main menu to choose a separate photo - not a big deal, but seems to be an extra step right now. Overall, very nice sliding puzzle game - and the ability to use your own photos makes it a lot of fun.

Fun & challenging ****
    by Cloudcastles

Works well, with good graphics and easy sliding control. The game allows you to use both your own photos as well as the game pictures. One thing I find lacking, however, is sound effects. I find it hard to enjoy a silent game.
    Fun sliding game

by game-fan

This is a fun sliding game, if you like that genre of game. Can be quite challenging!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Puzzle, Trivia
    Release:Sep 03, 2010
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Squazzle Puzzle

Squazzle is a square-shaped tiles sliding puzzle game. How fast can you put the tiles in order? Free play and Challenge …
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Squazzle is a square-shaped tiles sliding puzzle game. How fast can you put the tiles in order? Free play and Challenge modes. You can choose pictures from gallery included in the game, your photo albums or photo taken by the camera. OpenFeint powered LeaderBoards and Achievements, compare your times and number of moves with the others from around the world or your friends.
    Information
    Seller:
    Release:Sep 21, 2010
    Version:
    User Rating: (1)

Dizzle Puzzle

Dizzle is a diamond-shaped tiles sliding puzzle game. How fast can you put the tiles in order? Free play and Challenge m…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Dizzle is a diamond-shaped tiles sliding puzzle game. How fast can you put the tiles in order? Free play and Challenge modes. You can choose pictures from gallery included in the game, your photo albums or photo taken by the camera. OpenFeint powered LeaderBoards and Achievements, compare your times and number of moves with the others from around the world or your friends.
    Information
    Seller:
    Release:Sep 21, 2010
    Version:
    User Rating:Unrated

Trizzle Puzzle

Trizzle is a equilateral triangle-shaped tiles sliding puzzle game. How fast can you put the tiles in order? Free play a…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Trizzle is a equilateral triangle-shaped tiles sliding puzzle game. How fast can you put the tiles in order? Free play and Challenge modes. You can choose pictures from gallery included in the game, your photo albums or photo taken by the camera. OpenFeint powered LeaderBoards and Achievements, compare your times and number of moves with the others from around the world or your friends.
    Information
    Seller:
    Release:Sep 19, 2010
    Version:
    User Rating:Unrated

2. secondtime

secondtime Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    If you like sliding block puzzles, these are well done. As mentioned, Squazzle is your typical square, which we've all played. Buzzle is a nice hexagon shape, perhaps making it a little easier to solve, but as the puzzle itself isn't in a square shape, you do need to figure out how to slide pieces around a bit more. Dizzle is a diamond, and the puzzle itself is obviously not square. This also does make it more difficult to solve. Trizzle is a triangle and I thought that one was quite fun. They are all similar in gameplay. I do like how you can use your own pictures as the basis for any of the puzzles. I took a picture of the keyboard, and that was fun to put together. It also shows you an inset of what you are trying to solve, and does have a hint system, which basically tells you the order of the tiles. I think adding the ability to play your music would be great, and also being presented with the option to pick a photo when you select "Free Play" would be good ideas. Overall, very nicely done.

3. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I see the potential in this, but I can't help but feel like they should all be part of a single app. Most people don't like apps taking up their springboard.

4. Tyvan

Tyvan Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Georgia
    Maybe worth a look if all these were in one app.

It can't be that hard to just implement all these ideas for "puzzles" into one simple app.

5. secondtime

Oct 19, 2009
    Agree - had asked the question before, but they planned for separate apps. They are nicely done, but a bundle does make more sense to me as well.

6. misoba

misoba Active Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Your wish is our inspiration :)

"Most people don't like apps taking up their springboard"
    - I don't think it's a big deal, this is what I do to make them look good together, not taking much space:

[​IMG]

"Should all be part of a single app"
    - more shapes idea came when Buzzle was already in approval process, so this is what we did, kinda had no other option
    - this year, there is one more sliding Puzzle app to come in this style (R-Trizzle - right triangles).
    - I've got other shapes ideas too, need to test them yet...
    - we made this decision today: next year, we'll put them together in one app with retina and iPad support. Got any ideas for a cool name for the bundle? Any other ideas?

If price $4 for all 4 apps is a problem:
    - I wish there was an option in App store to bundle these 4 apps together for $1
    - if anybody's really interested, hit me up with a private message, there are some promo codes left
    - keep in mind, that following four Sundays these apps go FREE for one day one-by-one:

[​IMG] BUZZLE FREE SUNDAY - September 26, 2010
    [​IMG] SQUAZZLE FREE SUNDAY - October 3, 2010
    [​IMG] DIZZLE FREE SUNDAY - October 10, 2010
    [​IMG] TRIZZLE FREE SUNDAY - October 17, 2010

7. Alex Graal

Alex Graal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    N/A
    U.S.A.
    More little things to come: There should definitly be a save button. That is for sure. I was playing, and then I had to go somewhere. I had to start over when I got back:( Somehow find a way to let it save. Also, this will not help us, but will discourage the cheaters. Make it count how many times you used the cheat button? OR maybe add 10 to the blocks moved everytime you cheat? Something like that.

-Alex

8. misoba

misoba Active Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Thanks for your thoughts.
    Save button is not the way, the app could save it's state "on the fly", but since there is iOS4 with multitasking, it solves the problem for me. Sorry, no saving for 2G iPhones and iPod touches for now...

9. misoba

misoba Active Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Shuffled Art

We kept our promise and all 4 apps are now combined into one.

Buzzle+Squazzle+Dizzle+Trizzle+1 more shape+story+cool characters+nice music+retina & iPad support = Shuffled Art

Shuffled Art is $1, Shuffled Art HD (iPad) comming out next week is $2.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=86023

Enjoy :)

10. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Shuffle art is definitely an improvement. The story mode is nice, and overall it's impressive. One thing though is that you start out with one mode and need to unlock other modes. The difficulty of the game makes it hard to progress easily. I'm not sure how this could be balanced (since I like the idea of unlocking) but there should be a way to do puzzles with the other shapes easier.

11. misoba

misoba Active Member

Aug 30, 2010
    I agree it takes some time and effort to unlock next shape, but we wanted to make the Story gameplay last for at least several hours. They're well balanced to make sure the difficulty is growing as the play goes. So if you have trouble to unlock next city/shape, I'm sure you would have really hard time with the next one.

12. secondtime

Oct 19, 2009
    Just left a review. Agree with coconutbowling about it being an improvement, and also about the difficulty, especially given that you can't practice or try the other puzzles in free play until you've solved them in the story mode.....

This is a combination of the developer's Buzzle/Squazzle/Trizzle/Dizzle games, but now with a story line as well as free play options. Overall, nice set of puzzles to solve at each museum. You basically slide different shaped pieces around, with one particular piece missing, of course, in order to rearrange the picture back the way it is supposed to be. The Louvre puzzles are the easiest, and as you progress, the puzzles get a lot harder to solve.

One nice aspect is that in free play you can choose your own picture to use, though I did have a couple issues trying to use my own photos on the iPad.

If you're good at these types of puzzles, you'll enjoy this game - if not, there isn't a way to skip through the story without solving the puzzles. Luckily, there are free play options - however, the various free play shapes are locked until you solve them in story mode... I'd suggest that they be unlocked for free play. I think this would be great as an iPad or Universal app, so hopefully that will come out soon and will also address a couple of these points.

13. terencefish

terencefish Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    four in one is much better

14. cdm5456

cdm5456 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    I like puzzle games. Like sudoku, I play them everywhere.
    These puzzle games are very interesting and pictures are well taken. Looks really nice.

15. misoba

misoba Active Member

Aug 30, 2010
    There is a special iPad version comming this week, already waiting for Apple's review for a few days now.

I don't think there's a problem to practice shape you need to play in Free Play mode, completing every gallery unlocks the shape you need in the next one.

Next time please respond to this thread, originally created for the game:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=86023
    There's also a little video to see in there.

Plus there are 4 more shapes/galleries in my mind that can be added to this game, if it gets at least a bit successfull. At least 1000 downloads would be fine :)