iPhone Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (by Slitherine)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Skypoint

Skypoint Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Oh I should have warned about the bug that makes progression impossible on iPad Air and mini. They have identified it and have fixed their version, publisher is deciding on Monday whether to submit the patch immediately to Apple or test it further. I've been posting and following this intensively on their forums.

2. Slitherine Iain

Slitherine Iain Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    #42 Slitherine Iain, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    Hi guys,

over the weekend the team acquired an iPad Air and investigated the issue and we know what has gone wrong. The problem was actually caused by a bug in Unity itself. Apparently they're trying to remove their dependency with Mono, so they are writing their own compiler named IL2CPP. They have been working on this compiler for a while now and were expecting to release it as part of Unity 5, but they had to swiftly shoehorn it into Unity 4 when Apple decided that all applications submitted after February 1st had to be 64-bit.

Anyway, looking through their patch releases (http://unity3d.com/unity/qa/patch-releases), we found out that a bug related to the FindAll function from the List class (which we use all over the place!) had been fixed 10 days ago in patch 4.6.3p2. This was just after we submitted the final build to Apple. We have downloaded the latest version and applied it to the game and we no longer see any issues on iPad Air. We're going to submit it today and ask for it to be expidited. Once again apologies for the problems and we'll let you know when we have some news.

We were pretty unlucky here and its very annoying for a game in development for years to have its release affected by something like this.

3. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    With this extensive explanation everything is forgiven and forgotten.

4. Kramer

Kramer Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Whatever load I use, it black screens.

Hopefully, the patch is out soon as I enjoy playing it.

5. monkeyboner

monkeyboner New Member

Oct 17, 2014
    I'm confused with the comments about dated graphics. Isn't this game a remake of the 90s PC game Buzz Aldrin's Race into Space? (Honest question)

6. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    This game is not about war like the other slitherine games
    I don't think I will have much fun manageing a space program so I think I will skip this

7. Slitherine Iain

Apr 10, 2011
    Hi guys

the update was kindly expedited by Apple and is now available. This should fix the all issues people had but please let us know if not.

Please review the game again if you get the chance as we had a nasty start with the Unity bug :(

Thanks again for your patience.

8. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    On another note Ian; when you update the Shenandoah games, will they be classed as new games or updates to the existing ones. I own them all, and most of your excellent games on iOS and PC. Spending all my pension##

9. Slitherine Iain

Apr 10, 2011
    When we update the Shenandoah games they'll be free updates to existing users so no repurchase required.

10. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    Excellent news, thanks.

11. LarryWP

LarryWP Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2013
    #51 LarryWP, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    With the April 8 2015 patch, it locks up in the tutorial, at the X15 part. Last time for me spending this much for an iOS game. I'm all for spending more for games without the IAP but when they lock up or crash, it's just too hard to get a refund from the stingy Apple Corp.