iPad Buster Boy is Out!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by CandyNJ66, Mar 1, 2009.

1. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    #1 CandyNJ66, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
    Buster Boy is out! Info from appshopper.com

[​IMG]

FINALLY!
    FOR THE IPHONE!

Buster Boy is based on the arcade classic "Buster Bros." (known as "Pang" in Asia and parts of Europe), a hugely popular game played around the world!

You control Buster Boy, a little kid with a big problem: there are gigantic, bouncing balls all over downtown Tokyo!

Shoot the balls to split them in two, until they are small enough to disappear. The action is fast and furious, and extremely addictive.

The game features smooth animation, cool effects, and great music and sound.

Note: The first update will have a global high-score list.

Restart your iPhone/iPod Touch for best performance

Buster Boy Video

2. jonathan_yotta

jonathan_yotta Active Member

Oct 21, 2008
    App developer
    NYC
    JNFWY3F4ENAT
    EXX4Y47TW7RA
    6AMYEAWAANYT
    ERM4MEJN69TY
    J494JFARTANM
    RE4LRLXTJKT4

Remember: It's a old school, retro arcade game ;)

Candy: there is a better video linked from yottadigital.com

3. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Hmmm, a Buster Bros. remake, I love it.

4. flamesmaster

flamesmaster Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Why do i live in the UK, no promo code for me, guess I will just buy it :)

5. Monopoly

Monopoly Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    damn it i missed this :(

iTunes is SO slow on Windows, it took me 2 minutes to open it and get to the redeem page

Looks so good...iTunes FTL :p

6. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    All the codes are gone. :(

7. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    #7 K.D!, Mar 1, 2009
    Which is exactly why I think Devs should stop putting them up in threads. I know it's their choice and that they put them up for people on here in exchange for an honest review on iTunes, but those stupid, greedy lurkers decend on them like a pack of hungry wolves and they're all gone before any honest, dedicated TA's get the chance to download and leave a review.

Personally, I'm from the UK so I'm s**t outta luck either way when it comes to Promo Codes, but I think it's almost decending into a farce these days! I mean seriously, look at it... six codes and not one "Thank You" or review from the people who have taken them. And lets face it, a game like this wont take too long to form an opinion/review of.

8. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer

Why don't you get someone to make you a US account? :)

9. Monopoly

Dec 12, 2008
    The best ways to give out promos are having members PM them or doing a Trivia Contest

10. stanny

stanny Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Well, how is this?

11. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    brutal, im the first one to post that its out (in the other thread) and i missed the promo's :( how depressing is that

12. jonathan_yotta

Oct 21, 2008
    App developer
    NYC
    To the people who got a code: post your thoughts, + or -, or this is the first and last time I'll post them ;)

13. Monopoly

Dec 12, 2008
    thats the problem with posting them like that, chances are random people who dont even have an account picked them up and will not leave any feedback :(

14. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    #14 Zincous, Mar 1, 2009
    Ok well I didn't get a promo code but I just had to get this game. I loved the old arcade version, used to play it all the time. And this is only $.99!

Ok so first thing I noticed, the volume doesn't respect the silent on/off switch.
    I like if My phone is on silent, the games should be too until I wanna hear it. Like if I'm in class, can't open it because of the noise.

Ok so the game is controlled by tilt controls to move left and right which works fine for this game. Which limits this game to where I can play it though. It'd be cool if holding the bottom right half of the screen was "move right" and holding the bottom left half of the screen was "move left" while keeping the whole top half of the screen "shoot" like it is now. But currently touching the top half of the screen shoots and the bottom half does nothing. So this would be a really could feature to add in please :D. Leave it in the options so we can switch to which controls we would like to use.
    If not, at least make the whole screen a shoot button not just the top half.

Ok for gameplay, you get health. If you get hit by a ball, you don't die, you lose percentage. This makes the game easier, but makes it less frustrating for users as well.

So far I have received a couple items. X2, Health, and a 3 ball shooter.
    And there is also a time bonus for finishing a level fast.

Overall this is a good game to get at $.99. Well made and smooth gameplay. I am not disappointed at all, and can see myself playing this a lot more in the future. Just better controls so far is my only suggestion. I'll keep them coming.

15. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    So... it's a weird version of Bubble Trouble

16. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    It's not weird. But yes it's like bubble trouble, except you have health and one hit by a ball doesn't kill you. I'm sure there are other differences as well...

17. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    No pause button?! :eek::eek: aww

Also, here's another thought, 2 player local wifi mode, where the other player is on the screen helping you out. And each iDevice can only control that one player obviously. This would be sooo cool! :cool::D

18. jonathan_yotta

Oct 21, 2008
    App developer
    NYC
    Zincous, thanks for your feedback. The silence glitch is unfortunate, that'll be fixed soon.

As for input: a lot of thought went into that and I'm pretty sure this is just about the best solution; but if enough people want another option I'll consider it.

As for pausing: just press the lock button!

19. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    #19 ericxd, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
    ^ good game

yes silent mode still plays music - fix pls
    add volume and sound adjuster
    shooting field bigger on the touchscreen
    PAUSE BUTTON
    save feature or if u get interrupt it saves!

very good game!!!

20. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    i was just able to download the game after being out all day. and i must say it is a very fun game to play. i some what remember playing a game like this when i was a kid so it gives me a good feeling when i play it.

down to the game,
    i think it is constructed very well and the controls handle extremely good. my only downfall, and this might just be because im not so good at it, the game seems extremely hard to me. again this may just be me. but other then that. this game has everything you could ask for! its truly a good title! if you have any questions about it, ill be happy to answer them