Universal BUST-A-MOVE JOURNEY (By TAITO Corporation)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Akantor

Akantor Member

Apr 4, 2017
    I haven't seen any solid confirmation but is a constant internet connection required? That would be the only deal breaker as I play offline mostly.

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    From my experience, you have to download assets every 6-8 levels, so even if Internet connection is not required constantly, you'll need it for those assets.

3. Akantor

Akantor Member

Apr 4, 2017
    Bummer. Thanks for the quick reply. Maybe they will change that in the future. At least one can hope #

4. BadMrFrosty

BadMrFrosty Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Whats with all the downloads?? This game feels like its destined to be F2P sometime bery soon.

I wonder what happens if I disable cell/wifi and play it.....

5. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Does it have cloud saving?

6. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Doesn't look like it. Played on my phone, then iPad, different stages.

7. Gotters

Gotters Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2016
    core gameplay is fantastic on this, 100s of levels means I can see this staying on my phone for ages, perfect for a quick go when you have a minute, really like the addition of the touch aiming too.

on the downside it is a bit rough round the edges for a £5 game, as has been said loads of data loading and had a couple of freezes already.

shows how good the core gameplay is though as can forgive it its faults, love it

8. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    That's disappointing. For a game which has a lot of levels you expect to be able to continue progress on all devices.

9. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I love bust a move and don't mind paying a fiver for it even if it is a bit rough around the edges but the download of assets every few levels is a no no for me unfortunately - seems a slightly odd path to go down but then I'm no Dev so maybe it's something they need to do. Shame really.

10. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    The iap on the Uk store just says 99p for the extra map? Or is there more than one?

11. Gotters

Gotters Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2016
    there are multiple packs for 99p each, to take you up to over 800 levels I think

12. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    9 maps 1,09€ each for me

13. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    Ah that makes more sense thanks!

Is anyone far enough on with the game to confirm or deny that it keeps on downloading assets throughout? Or is it maybe just the first few levels?

14. BadMrFrosty

BadMrFrosty Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    To answer my own question of what happens when you play without a connection... you can get stuck with a connection error and have to close out like I just did. Bummer.

15. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    This game is so fantastic. I can't find a reason to complain about the $5 price tag. 271 levels + event levels + bosses. $0.99 for another pack of 90 levels is nothing. There is SO much game here.

I hit level 61 or so. Getting 3 stars is no joke on some of these levels!

16. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    Any chance you could let me know about the downloading of assets please? How often do you need to do this, is it just at the start of the game or does it carry on throughout?

Thanks

17. mutantchameleon

Mar 15, 2013
    I wanna get this game but i dont understand the whole 'downloading assets' thing. I dont like it when games Require an internet connection! Hopefully someone can elaborate on this for me and anyone else wondering the same thing.

18. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    I just hit stage 85 and haven't noticed any more downloading assets since the first 15-20 levels or so. That's not to say it doesn't download them in the background at random times, but I haven't taken notice to it if it is. Haven't seen a loading screen in a while.

19. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    Cracked and decided I couldn't live without it. Does seem a bit wierd all the downloading going on and it does feel a bit rough around the edges almost as if it was going to be FTP and the decision to go premium was made at the last minute.

However, it's bust a move and I can forgive it its faults because at its heart it's fking brilliant.

20. jacquesy

jacquesy New Member

May 13, 2016
    When is this coming to the Australian App Store?