iPad Bust-A-Move (by TAITO Corporation)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Squeaker, Aug 18, 2009.

1. ian1969uk

ian1969uk Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    I bought Snood and will still buy this, they are both worth owning I reckon :D

2. mrkgoo

mrkgoo Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    I'm a Snood lover, but mostly because I played a lot more of that.

This game looks to have more 'charm', perhaps not as interesting a playfield, but better music and controls (the slingshot looks really good). What sets this apart from Snood for those who 'know' Snood? Snood has some whacky physics that you can exploit, like inserting a Snood past another Snood IF you place VERY well (Snood players will know what I mean) - are the physics like that in Puzzle Bobble? That was something I really liked about Snood.

Also what are the game mechanics that set Puzzle Bobble apart? Is the danger time based, or move based (in Snood, every Snood used brings a danger meter up, with drops of excess snoods bringing it down, leading to a good strategy element, and working ahead)? Does Puzzle Bobble have a strategy to playing?

Someone said Snood was too much like one level trick - what makes Puzzle Bobble so 'progressive'? Did they try Puzzle mode in Snood?

3. unconnected

unconnected Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    London, UK
    Dammit, 7 hours after the US release and still no UK release.

:(

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

5. Lukearcade22

Lukearcade22 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Student/Young Video Game Developer
    United Kingdom
    I went to buy Invaders Infinite Gene today

and now I want this but its not released in the UK :(

6. robman84

robman84 Active Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Oh no, tap mode :eek:( Why do they do this? It's supposed to be a challenge.

7. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    All right, dammit, I got it and it's fun. I'm bustin' moves all over the place like a mofo.

8. Grouick

Grouick Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Not available in france either...

9. prissy5

prissy5 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    #49 prissy5, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
    I did buy the game it has cute sound but more kids graphics i think. It is cute. Not worth 5 bucks at least i do not think so. I should have waited but some of these games are bad and they never drop the price. some times you just have too see. Not always smart. Some games i thought would be bad and i bought on a chance and there was nobody talking about them where really good.

10. shawn_10

shawn_10 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    +1 i didnt even look at the price when i saw the graphics.. i dont mind cute type graphics but these aren't really like that, i just think the dev did a bad job with them, they look how can i put it... unprofessional. oh and 5$? no way for a game like this

11. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I don't think the screenshots are a good representation. It has a very Japanese sensibility like a lot of Taito games. It may well be overpriced, but the graphics are fine for a game of this type. Perhaps they'll put out a lite so people can see it in action. I like the slingshot method of shooting, it's fun.

12. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Nowhere, CA
    unprofessional is right....i think its the graphics are whats holding me back from purchasing. if the graphics werent so poor ass.....id take the plunge.

sorry to say the graphics are the breaking point......but i dont want to pay 5 bucks for somethin i dont like looking at.maybe if they just made the marbles look a little more....fitting to the game....then probably. but for now....i dont know about this one....

snood will have to do for now....

13. ripofra

ripofra Well-Known Member

Wow, everyone seems to hate the graphics, but I like the cutesy-clean-polished look it has. :eek: Oh well, maybe it's just me. I'm probably going to get this, after reading some first impressions.

14. shawn_10

shawn_10 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    a lot of ppl are very picky on this site, ull get used to it;)

15. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    IDK, this game is made to look like the original.. Look at Wolfenstein Classic, ID did nothing/or much to improve the graphics, its the game play that counts. Wolfenstein and Bust-A-Move are classics..I bought the game and l am loving it, worth the money.

16. Lukearcade22

Feb 8, 2009
    United Kingdom
    for me, when it comes to Bust-a-move, it has to be the graphics.

Its a puzzle game so it makes you think, and as you think, you would rather be looking at something that looks dazzling then something that looks like it was made in 1 minute.

I am buying this game anyway, but I will leave my review about the graphics and maybe a change will be in place.

17. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Yeah, I'll be very surprised if after you play it you think the graphics look like they were made in 1 minute. Tell us what you think.

18. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Where are you guys getting these complaints about the graphics from? Are you playing the same game I am?

19. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    A lot of the complaints I've seen are from people that haven't played the game, they're going by the screenshots.

The game looks great when you actual get to play it. Very happy with my purchase.

20. Lukearcade22

Feb 8, 2009
    United Kingdom
    unfortunately I can't tell you how it is, because it ain't released in the UK yet :(

Taito are a very good gaming company with releases like Space Invaders and Cooking Mama. I have full confidence that this game will be great anyway whether the graphics are how we like it or not.

It looks like bust-a-move 2, and that was my favourite one out of the series