iPad Bust-A-Move (by TAITO Corporation)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Squeaker, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

I can't see what this game makes better than Bubble Bash from Gameloft. Which is a shame, because Bubble Bash is now out for over a year (was one of the first Gameloft games) and costs only 99 cents.

2. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    yay it saves

That's fantastic news. I might just have to use the money I saved on Dragon Portals merely because I didn't have the time to buy and download from one day to the next and get this.

I got Snood for heavens sake and I agree with another poster that it seems like one long level. I loved the original Snood but this one is already getting old. So what the heck what is a few more dollars - I can skip Starbucks this morning!

3. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    Bubble Bash never really felt right to me. I don't know how to describe it more than that, really. The whole game felt sort of thrown together. The sounds were bad, the graphics bland, and the levels were way too easy.

4. neon_guide

neon_guide Active Member

Jun 1, 2009
    What is wrong with the price? It was never going to be some budget rubbish, Taito have been solid in all their releases

Story mode, challenge mode and a Vs. mode sounds like more than enough

5. unconnected

unconnected Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    London, UK
    This is exactly why I'm so excited about this release. The apps I've got from Taito so far have really impressed me and as I'm a fan of this series anyway, I've been chaffing at the bit to get my hands on it - just a few hours now (I hope?!).

6. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Thats the thing which looks like its missing in this game(thats what the screenshots suggest). I`d expect them to do atleast as good a job, if not better compared to what is already available out there if they want to charge 5$ for it. I dont think even you`d be considering this game at this price if we take out the Bust-A-Move franchise from the game.

Btw I m all for high price for quality stuff, what I hate is that they drop down the price ridiculously within a month or two making a fool out of those who bought it at the launch.

7. unconnected

unconnected Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    London, UK
    I totally agree on the feeling you get when you see the game/app you bought for $9.99/$5.99 drops down to $0.99 in a day/week, but I'm going to hope you're wrong on the quality aspect of this - like I said above, I've been really impressed with Taito's stuff so far.

Anyway, I'll find out soon and give an honest opinion of it when I get my hands on it :)

8. TouchChatterbox

TouchChatterbox Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Haven't bought Dragon Portals yet but this isn't out in the Australian iTunes Store yet. So will wait for impressions of how this compares to that one before picking up either. The other one LOOKS better though.

9. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    They play differently. Dragon Portals is a sliding match 3 game, for lack of a better comparison, like Bejeweled (though with quite different twists). Bust a Move is a shooting match 3 game like Snood. Each has its own style of game play.

10. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    If i'm not mistaken, Taito also made Bubble Bobble, which is another game of theirs that i'd gladly pay $5 for, if it had the right controls.

As for Bust-a-Move, it's still a no-brainer for me, even with all the other good match-3 shooters available. Anyone who played this in the arcade or on their NES as a kid, probably won't be able to resist buying it.

11. TouchChatterbox

TouchChatterbox Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    So, this or Snood? I never played either as a kid... now, DIGGER and ALLEY CAT on the other hand... man, wish someone'd do a port of those...

12. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    #32 cranker, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
    Are there Local / Global high scores ? I want to buy but am not as interested without high scores..................anyone know ?

or maybe high scores are not necessary for this game since it seems to be about progressing through levels ? I never played this much but it seems like it would be fun on the iphone !

13. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    There don't appear to be any online high scores. That shouldn't be enough to stop you from buying it though, it is a lot of fun.

This features true multiplayer anyways, so you don't have to settle for comparing scores.

14. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
  15. b_o_h_i_c_a

b_o_h_i_c_a Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Another app to add to my snipe list:)

16. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Can anyone get some gameplay video?...

[EDIT] - NM, Found one...

17. wml

wml Active Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Not in UK yet :(

18. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Yay!

I tried Snood but I didn't like it that much...

Instabuy!

19. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Ha!

*sticks tongue out at Slapshot who said this was months away* ;)

And to think I almost bought Snood! :)

20. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    I would go for this. If you were to choose. So far Snood has been a disappointment. One long level, the high scores only accessible via facebook, this is more colorful with more level art etc. To buy one, my opinion is this one, though I bet many would say the other.