Business SDK License?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by lithiastudios, Jan 9, 2009.

1. lithiastudios

lithiastudios Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Has anyone applied to the iPhone developer program as a business recently? Just wondering how long it takes to hear back from Apple when you register as a business.

Thanks!!

2. PoV

PoV Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2008
    London, Ontario, Canada
    When the SDK launched publicly, approval seemed automated, showing up day one for almost everyone. Not sure why it'd be any longer than this. The paperwork to sell App's takes time, but you should be able to start testing on a device the day you sign up and pay your fee... unless something changed. *shrug*

3. MrBlue

MrBlue Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    iPhone Developer
    I recently registered one. Took about 4 weeks for it to all go through. I ended up faxing them my cert of incorporation a 2nd time before it went through.

4. lithiastudios

lithiastudios Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Thanks, from what I've heard is that if you register as an individual, it's pretty much instant approval. If you register as a business, then they need to contact you for proof of business (business license, etc.) Just curious because I registered early this week and haven't had anyone from Apple contact me yet.

5. byteclub

byteclub Member

Dec 30, 2008
    co-founder of ByteClub.com
    NYC
    a few days

We applied as a business in mid October, it took 8 days to get approved.