iPad BurningBall: DeBlob clone?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by rIcHrAnDoM, Dec 13, 2008.

1. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    ??? Just curious. If so that sucks because I pd $7.99 for DeBlob and played that piece of fecal matter about 8 times it now rests in my dead app pile along with about 30 others I'm too crushed to delete.

Please don't mob me but I'm on my phone, could someone add a link to BurningBall?

2. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
  3. rIcHrAnDoM

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    No not that bothered, my wife dumped iced tea in my laptop keyboard! Some kind of karma retribution payback type thing I'm guessing.

4. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    sonic wannabee!!!

5. Mo.

Mo. Member

Sep 8, 2008
  6. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    So the play is basically the same as Zoneout but you use the accelerometer instead? I think Zoneout looks better though:it appears that all the levels look the same on BurningBall...

7. stemilan0

stemilan0 Active Member

Oct 6, 2008
    This is so...awesome (u know what I mean XD)

8. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    no even Fire tails

9. BurnBall and similar games

Hey Guys,

I'm the developer of BurnBall. It's not intended to be a clone of any other game, but the gameplay concept is similar to a very old game called Qix which has spawned a lot of clones.

Since undertaking BurnBall, I learnt of many similar games, but I think BurnBall has enough personality to make it stand out as something unique and enjoyable on it's own. The similar games I found were: Bix, FireTail, De Blob, and just recently released (days before burnBall) was Dr Awesome.

The designer who helped me with the game is a big Sonic fan, and that's certainly the style he draws a lot of his characters in.

If you guys have tried it, let me know what you think of the game. The official website for it is at http://ims.co.nz/BurnBall. You can follow BurnBall on twitter at http://twitter.com/BurnBall. There's also a facebook group to support the in-game competition - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=100571890421

Cheers,

Tim Haines.

10. Hey there,

Just thought I'd clarify on the levels looking the same. The screenshots and video only show the first 2 - 3 levels. The game moves on through different scenery, and eventually indoors.

Can someone change the title of this thread to BurnBall rather than BurningBall? :D

Cheers,

Tim.

11. rIcHrAnDoM

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Mr.Haines I posted this thread a n have no probs if the mods change the title, sorry for the typo. I posted this the first day the game was released to the appstore, just trying to get some feedback. There is a more current thread I've seen posted on Burnball.:rolleyes:

12. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

So de blob is a Qix style game. Is it any good? Basically if I have burnball, Dr. Awesome and Bix, should I also get De Blob, or is it a different genre than those?

13. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

I like de blob quite a bit, not as good as the wii version, but still fun and with good accelerometer controls too. But i haven't played the other games yet.

Here's a couple of reviews:
    Pocket Gamer
    IGN