iPad Burning Tires NOW for 0.99

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by SnowTiger, Jan 16, 2009.

1. SnowTiger

SnowTiger Member

Nov 12, 2008
  2. ITrocks

ITrocks Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    The game showed no real fun gameplay, as mentioned in the other thread. The graphics are nice in the screenshots, but not well animated (apparently). It's auto accelerate with no braking. So..don't buy it?

3. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    See Mr. S.Bad, these update/price-drop threads help others out.

Thanks snowtiger. I have been playing the lite versions of this and Toy Tanks like crazy the last couple of days. Quick question: if you've made any progress, does the full game have a save game system? Just curious, the lite version didn't save progress?

4. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I don't understand why Fishlabs continues to bring us their worst games. They need to bring us rally racer pro, blades & magic, and snowboard hero.

5. From the developer:
    "Well, read the help any you will see you can hit the brakes and reverse touching the lower center of the screen."

Still wasn't fun enough for me I'm afraid. It was smooth enough, but without the speed of other racers, this one needed pick-ups or something to spice it up. I actually prefer Cro-Mag to this. So even with the price drop, I'll give it a miss and look forward to their Rally game instead.

Here is the link to the original thread on this game.

6. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Yuthe, is your sig an obscure message to Fishlabs?lol

7. Haha! I've been sussed out! Darn! :D

8. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    i said update threads. now you're simply putting words into my mouth

9. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    wow..... just played the lite version. and it sad. :(

10. Well thank you for that insightful analysis Danny :D

11. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    ;) :D

12. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I think the game seems well made, from what I've seen in the lite version, but it doesn't really offer anything new or different from the other racers. It has potential to be really fun, but the seemed to have just stopped when they thought it was good enough.

13. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    yep. go get cro-mag rally if games like this is what u like. cro mag is better than this.

14. SnowTiger

SnowTiger Member

Nov 12, 2008
    @rich_952000: Yes the full version saves the game progress!

15. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    The game, like all other Fishlabs games, is well done with good production value...however, like the other Fishlabs games on the iTouch/Phone platform, it's the little things that they get wrong that fudge up the enjoyment.

1. They really need to optimize the games for these devices. I should not even be given the option to change the graphics settings. The devices, for the most part, have the same components. Yes, I know the 2nd gen touch and the iPhone 3G both have slightly faster processors, but the 1st gen touch and phone are, in fact, part of the product line, and smart developers develop with those as the base models. Fishlabs, for some silly reason, seems to think this is like the PC dev model, with vastly different components in each PC. It's not. Optimize the friggin' games across the board! There's no reason a little lens flare and some dirt effects should cause slow down on these devices, as the processors are more than up to the task. There are other games with flashier effects that don't suffer much slowdown on these devices.

2. Why am I given the option to change graphics settings, but not the option to change the sensitivity of the accelerometer?

3. A rep from Fishlabs posted recently and stated that the reason they didn't have manual acceleration in their racers was due to auto acceleration being preferred. By whom? Not by everyone, which is whom they should be targeting. Not everyone likes auto acceleration. At the very least an option for manual acceleration should be available to those that wish to put it to use. As for how to implement it for those that use touch steering, they should have a look at how Gameloft does it in Ferrari GT.

4. I have this odd feeling that Fishlabs is ignoring touch users as they seem to not bring themselves to implement something very simple: screen flip. It should be an option. As is, the current screen orientation in all of their games puts the headphone jack on the bottom left hand side of the device, making it very uncomfortable to play their games. If Gameloft can have screen flip in damn near all of their iTouch/Phone games (although they themselves need to have an option to LOCK screen flip once set), and more vexing, smaller devs behind games like Rebel Onslaught and Venger, then an outfit like Fishlabs should be able to implement this very much needed feature.