iPad Burning Tires is Free

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by wastedyuthe, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Link to full version. (£1.79 UK)

Link to free Lite version.

I am downloading the lite version and having a go. Anyone played it yet?

2. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

#2 Oliver, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
    I did not play it (I'm at work). It looks interesting, but in the screenshots in the AppStore you can see, that the texture quality and the polygon count is really low. Maybe this fades away when seeing this game in action.

Who tries it? :D

Edit: Video

Edit2: From the video this looks like a kart racer. Maybe that's the first good kart racing game for the iPhone! I'll definitely try this out this evening!

3. Thanks for the vid Oliver.

Had a good play on the lite version and I must say I am rather unimpressed. The lite version includes one track and one car. The menus are all very nice, but you have to wait a few seconds for each new screen to appear, which is rather annoying. You have accelerometer control (without any sensitivity adjust) or touch control. There is NO control for gas or brake. It steps on the gas for you and you have no alternative but to go around corners at full speed. There are no items to collect on the track. Just you and a few other cars to race against. I turned off the rather annoying music and found the game to include sound effects for crashing etc, but NO engine noise!
    Overall, the experience was rather boring. In fact, I'd go as far to say Cro-Mag is far superior (which is saying something!). The full version is at a fair price, but I personally didn't like the game enough to warrant paying for the full version.

4. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    3D & Architectural Artist
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    looks like a poor man's version of cromag (which is superb imo).

5. kramszed

kramszed Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    graphics are good, i just noticed one, on the first track there's a part there wherein you could see the beautiful sunrays though i noticed that if the game was running in 16fps(assumed number) the game goes to 14fps(assumed again) and goes back to the original FPS ,other than that, game is smooth.

6. Yes I'll give you that, the game is smooth. However, the fact that there is just a few cars racing round a track with no pick-ups/weapons (which suits this type of game) is probably the reason for that.

7. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    OK what is with the confederate flag on the cars? Does it have anything to do with racism? I hate these subliminal messages, really. Why can't they make a clean game free from petty prejudices?

8. kramszed

kramszed Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    agree,

9. along123

along123 Well-Known Member

burnin tires? I tot it was burning rd which i use to play on my old playstation. The graphics is nice to me and game play pretty smooth. But, really. Why can't we control the acceleration?

Like others say, if you have things to pickup along the way like power ups etc.That would be fun too. I wish they could at least have us racing against the other cars in the lite version.

I don' know. No options on choosing manual or auto acceleration and no other cars to race with in this single map lite version makes me do a u-turn on buying the full version. :eek:

10. #10 wastedyuthe, Jan 13, 2009
    You can race against the other cars in the lite version. I did, twice. That was before I deleted it ;)

[edit] just for you I have re-installed it to see what I did. Click Play on main menu, Start Race, Press Next arrow at bottom of track select (Heatwave track), select Green Lizard car by pressing Next arrow again. Done. Race against 3 other cars.

11. Auhron

Auhron Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Editor
    Berlin
    #11 Auhron, Jan 13, 2009
    Still don't get it to 100% why Fishlabs converts their "not so great" games at first for iPhone instead of their great titles like Galaxy on Fire, Deep and Rally Master Pro. They do made fantastic, if not the best Java titles out their, with some of them bringing 20 hours + of good gaming entertainment.

If you are interest, you can check their page for these games, hopefully they will bring those titles to iPhone/iPod Touch.

12. along123

#12 along123, Jan 13, 2009
    ooo really? haha ..ok. I'll try it again. But, still if you can't control the acceleration it's a bummer haha. :D

edit: Well, i played it again to test racing with 3 other cars and it still doesn't feel right not being able to control the car acceleration. There's no engine sound or throttle/changing gears sound effect. I felt if they put in the ability to shoot the other cars would be nice haha. Other then the nice graphics it's still a u-turn from me.

13. You and me both mate. Oh well.

14. MAN I hope they bring Rally Master Pro to the iPhone/Touch. I so desperate for a serious Rally game I am willing to go round the streets naked except for an orange wig on my head and a bunch of flowers up my bottom! Oh hold on, I do that already!

15. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    Played the lite version. Dissappointrd. I was expecting more of a monster truck experience

16. along123

Man ..you do a lot of crazy stuff do you now? haha :eek:

17. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Sign me up for Blades & Magic, Heli Strike, and Robot Alliance.

That said, I can almost guarantee you that going by their last couple of iTouch/Phone releases that Penalty Cup is going to be their next port.

18. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    (auto acceleration)+(no brakes)= fail

(auto acceleration)+(the ability to get turned around backwards)=epic fail

19. RedStaR

RedStaR Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Thats why I'm iffy on the whole NFS hype......no gas or break, but nibidy seems to care. However they say the speed adjusts for you, but in burning tires your going full blast 100% through out the whole race.

Honestly idc if kart racers are like that but a high production over hyped game should have all kinds of comfort options.

After playing and removing the lite version...I'll pass, but not a bad game just way better alternatives

20. fishlabs_games

fishlabs_games Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Well, read the help any you will see you can hit the brakes and reverse touching the lower center of the screen.

Auto acceleration is the preferred control for mobile racing games. We thought about have an option to accel manually but how do you set proper controls for steering in touch mode then? So we kept it auto only ;-)