iPad BurnBall Lite released

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TimHaines, Dec 16, 2008.

1. #1 TimHaines, Dec 16, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
    Hey Guys,

Yesterday I ran a comp and gave away 5 BurnBall promo codes. They were in hot demand, and I was sorry I couldn't give one to everyone. Well, I have good news for those that missed out. I'm about to give out one more.

BurnBall Lite has just hit the app store. It's free (of course!) and lets you play the first 3 levels. The other restriction is that it doesn't let you enter the competition to win cash prizes.

You can find BurnBall Lite here

So - how do you win the promo code for BurnBall full? Get yourself a copy of BurnBall Lite. Post your high score here. The highest score 3 days from now (72 hours from this post) will win a promo code for the full version of BurnBall. Multiple entries are allowed.

If you missed the comp the other day and don't know what BurnBall is, you can watch the BurnBall Video. There's more info on the BurnBall website.

Cheers,

Tim.

2. Oh, please feel free to enter if you're not in the USA. If someone from outside of the USA wins, then I'll paypal you the money for BurnBall full edition, because the promo code won't work for you.

I felt bad that last time two people from outside of the USA won but couldn't use them

3. field5

field5 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    so how do we do it? just post a screenshot of our highscores screen? what is the highest possible for the 3 trial levels?
    thanks
    Field5

4. Yes, if you have the highest score, post a screenshot of it. :D If you have trouble posting a screenshot, PM me and I will explain how (or someone can explain how here if they want).

In terms of the highest possible score, I'm not sure exactly, but the range is huuuuge depending on how you play and how many bonus points you pick up.

Tim.

5. field5

field5 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    how long will the full version be .99 cents for?

6. Tried the lite version and those spiders are little speed demons. This is even harder than Dr. Awesome and that one I find way too hard!

7. :) Thanks for the feedback MrBass. Perhaps I'll look at putting an easier game level in with an update.

I trust you played the easy level and tried just zipping into the gray area a little bit and zipping out again? This is a good way to learn to play the game until you become more confident and can make bigger cuts through the gray.

Cheers,

Tim.

8. Wow. After having received only 5 and 4 star reviews for BurnBall, the second review for BurnBall Lite was a 1 star review. The guy who posted it has done 1 star reviews for 5 out of his 7 reviews. :-(

Do you guys think I should remove BurnBall Lite from the appstore?

9. field5

field5 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    I like it alot and will give it a 5 star rating later on tonight

10. I just tried Dr. Awesome and found it actually really easy. Hmmm - makes me feel a little better about your comment. :D

11. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    I have to say on my way home (driving shhh) I saw your new app in the store and saw the low rating and decided not to download it. After reading your messages here, I'm going to download it now and leave appropriate feedback. Just by you taking the initiative to visit these boards has impressed me, and I wish more developers took this strategy to heart.

Thank you for releasing a Lite version, I look forward to testing it out!

12. Thanks for trying BurnBall. I'm pretty disheartened by the 1-star review it received - moreso now that I've heard it is actually turning people away. The full game has 4 reviews in the US App store; 3 5-stars, and 1 4-star. Lite is exactly the same game but limited to 3 levels, and without the competition entry opportunity.

13. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    the US store says there are 28 reviews with a three star average, but when i go in there are only 4 reviews, including mine. don't worry about the one star review, that guy didn't even say why he didn't like it!

14. eVp

eVp Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Might give it a whirl later. Just one thing that struck me as odd, this whole "money prize" thing. You sure it's cool by Apple? I'm thinking it might not be in European Union at least. Pretty strict laws here about business practices like that. :confused:

15. Hi Wegmans,

I learnt yesterday that when people delete an application from the phone, they are asked to rate it. There have been over a thousand downloads of the Lite version now, and I guess because it's free, people will be happy to delete it after they have finished playing. Those 28 reviews probably consist of 24 people who deleted it and rated it (but weren't offered a chance to comment) and the 4 of you who actually commented on it by iphone.

Now I know the number of downloads (learnt this morning), I don't feel so bad about the 1 guy who gave the 1 star review.

Tim.

16. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Hey Tim, is this contest still going? I don't see anyone's posted their high score yet...

17. Hi EVP,

Thanks for your question. Apple have a strict review process for every single application before they allow them on the the App store. Apple approved BurnBall for use internationally.

Let me know if you enjoy the game, (or if you don't, then tell me why! :)

Cheers,

Tim.

18. Hi there,

Yes it's still going. A few people have told me on Twitter and in PM's that they are going to enter after they practise and reach some higher scores. But your right - at the moment the first entry is going to have the highest score until someone beats it. :)

Tim.

19. field5

field5 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    I've been working really hard since you announced the contest to get the high score so I can get a free copy like you said...I've posted the picture below...my highest is 3384. (click on picture to enlarge)
    when will I know if I've won?
    thanks
    [​IMG]

20. TheGhostRider

TheGhostRider Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Wow :eek: , I'm almost scratching the 2,000 barrier, and you got to 3k+. Guess i fail at another BurnBall contest (0/3). :(

If I can spare time tomorrow, I'll keep at it to see if I can catch you, but I don't think I will. I hate those speedy robots.