iPad BurnBall Challenge

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by dtekdahl00, Jan 1, 2009.

1. dtekdahl00

dtekdahl00 Member

Dec 18, 2008
    This is my first substantial post, so go easy on me.
    Right now theres a competition thats going on for the game BurnBall, that the developer Tim Haines (who is pretty active on these forums) is holding for $500. Currently I'm in the lead with 14,355 and I need some competition before it ends in 12 hours. The game is only 99 cents, so you should give it a shot. Plus by playing you get entered into a random $150 drawing.

BurnBall was featured on the front page of TouchArcade a couple days ago along with other 99 cent Games, but I really think its worth a more in depth look. It has recently been updated, and the tilt controls are extremely responsive. Tim is also easy to get in contact with, and is open to feedback both positive and negative.

The competition twitter feed is here: http://twitter.com/BurnBall

Can anyone here come close to beating me?

2. Blueseas25

Blueseas25 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    #2 Blueseas25, Jan 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
    You're in the lead to win $500, yet you posted in order to get more competition so you have a better chance of losing..:confused:

3. dtekdahl00

dtekdahl00 Member

Dec 18, 2008
    I've been talking with the developer a lot, and I feel his game deserves more recognition (and purchases) than it currently has. Plus I'm pretty confident about my score anyways

4. Hey, thanks very much for the encouraging words dtekdahl00. It's awesome to see you seeking out some tougher competition! Your main nemesis @vegantnt seems to have gone AWOL. Although there's a few more people breaking the 10k barrier now.

Just a note on the competition end time. It's midnight on Jan 2nd PST. Unless I'm wrong that makes it 35 hours from now. I hate time conversions though, so I very well might have this wrong. Please correct me if I have.

Cheers,

Tim.

5. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Hmm.. I've been thinking about getting the full version of BurnBall, but I was just wondering how long it takes you to get that 14k score. If it takes over two hours or something, I don't know if I'll even try with the competition.

Anyway, I'm just curious to know the length of time it takes to achieve such a score.

Thanks

By the way, good luck!

6. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

Dude, the twitter page says you only have 13,155...

7. My wife can get to around 10,000 points in about 10 minutes, and she's not a game player. As you get to higher levels, your score accumulates faster, so it definitely won't take you 2 hours - if you have the skills. ;-)

8. Sorry - that was my fault, I haven't been keeping that page completely up to date. He has indeed scored 14,385. He's gone on to beat that recently too, pushing the bar higher.

9. dtekdahl00

dtekdahl00 Member

Dec 18, 2008
    It took me an hour or so tops to practice and really start getting the high scores. Even if you don't enter the competition, you should get the full version. Its a polished game that you can easily pass time playing.

10. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

The only thing is that THE VOICE IS SO ANNOYING!!!! "Ow Ow Ow!" "Burnball!" "Booyaa!" urgh.. so evil.

11. dtekdahl00

dtekdahl00 Member

Dec 18, 2008
    No argument there, though at some level its gotta remind you of a neurotic younger cousin, or neighbor kid or something that you care about on an emotionally detached level. Play music over it ;)

12. Ha ha - You can turn the sounds off with the mute switch, or turn them down with the volume control. In a future update I'll add some in game volume controls for sound effects and music. Would a lot of people like to see this change?

BTW - Was informed by someone that I should be saying the competition ends on midnight Jan 3rd PST. It's the midnight between Jan 2nd and Jan 3rd.

13. field5

field5 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    1)How do you submit a high score?
    2)is there just one prize that will go to the top scorer? or a few prizes forAnd say top 5 or ten?
    3) What's the score to beat?

14. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

Yeah, could we have like, top 5 prizes?

15. See the 'competition' button in the full version of the game. It involves posting your high score on Twitter in a certain format (so I can find it), or on the BurnBall Page in Facebook.

There are two prizes. US$350 for highest top score. US$150 for a randomly picked top score - this is a 'thanks for participating' prize.

It changes as more people enter. Subscribe to @burnball on Twitter to keep up with the news. You can also join the BurnBall page in facebook. (there's a free promo code sitting there right now btw)

16. It hindsight this probably would have been a good idea, but I can't change the rules now.

17. field5

field5 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    how do we prove our score to you afterwards? Send you a screenshot? Also, what is the current high score?
    thanks

18. Hi field5, The winner will be provided with instructions on how to submit their score to me. I have something built in to the game, to avoid people sending me photoshopped high score screens etc.

Check Twitter to keep up with the high scores - view the BurnBall page there (or even better, subscribe) - http://twitter.com/burnball

19. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    hmm, i might pick this up!

20. Thanks Rocketman. PM me with any feedback. Would love to hear what you think. Remember to post your high score to the Facebook page or Twitter to enter the competition.