Universal Buried Town (by LOCOJOY.,LTD)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Luckithroe

Luckithroe Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    The game is only 99c and I'm really enjoying it. If you don't purchase due to IAPs you may be missing out. For 99c you'll get your money's worth, the IAPs are icing on the cake. Devs gotta eat too (and almost as important, have incentive to provide updates).

2. ludka33

ludka33 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Like I said, I'm going to pick it up later today, when I getmy itunes card, but I'm just bummed about the pricing structure.

Bottom line: I'd have paid 5 bucks for this game as a full unlock with no iaps, happily. I'll pay the .99, but will most likely not pick up a single iap. That just stinks.

On a more gameplay(ish) note. It says something about other players in game. Can I contact gamecenter friends and share goods? Or do they mean npcs?

3. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Unfortunately we are a minority in this situation. Most iOS gamers are looking for something cheap to download but will blow tons of money on iaps. If devs want to get as many players as possible playing the game they can't charge $5 for a game because way fewer people will even stop to look at. At least the iaps here aren't consumables. Consumables are the real rip off.

4. Diegan

Diegan Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Ok, have been playing a few rounds of this game. I like it, but it's very hard. I believe some restrictions may be low (carry capacity, rate at which your belly empties) so you are pressed to buy iap. That can make you mad, or you can get accustomed to the fact that thr game is very hard and also luck dependant (in some runs there was almost no food).

I will keep on playing and hopefully we can share tips.

5. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    Your impressions are the reason for me not to buy the game. There is a thin line between fun and frustration and if the outcome depends on iap's I'm off. That was exactly my concern from the beginning of this posts.

6. Diegan

Diegan Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Let's just say that the gane is interesting enough to keep on trying, but apart from gaining knowledge and optimizing the order you build things and how you organize your meals and rest and excursions, theres not much more improvements you can achieve that follow you from one game to the next...

7. Diegan

Diegan Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    I reached day 11, preciously best record was day 5...

8. ludka33

Jan 12, 2013
    If I were to purchase iaps totaling to the 5 bucks (-.99 for price of game) I'd have been willing to pay for this game if it were premium, which unlocks would you suggest? Which help the most?

9. Diegan

Diegan Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    I dont know, certainly boots and the military grade backpack would be extremely useful, but both items must be crafted, you dont start with them just because you bought them...

So maybe the scavenger iap anf the backpack, maybe its easy to create

10. Diegan

Diegan Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    One thing I really hate: when your weapon breaks, because its cery hard to notice, and if you enter one more fight before going back to your place, with not much health, and you didnt realize you are fighting with bare hands... You will die stupidly.

11. vonknut

vonknut Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2013
    I aggre that boots, backpack and a role = all you need = 5$ in total (fair enough)

So far i gotten to day 18 without iap and having a lot of fun. -only died due to stupidity, so iap is not needed as such i think.
    -but yeah, makes it easier

12. Secretmapper

Secretmapper New Member

Oct 5, 2015
    I've gotten to Day 32 without IAP, and having a LOT of fun too, the game is incredibly addicting. Died due to lack of resources, need to manage it more effectively. I agree with previous posts that there aren't a lot of things you can 'carry' from play through to play through, there's a lot of grinding, but effective resource management is key (I basically keep doubling my 'high score' just by more effective management).

It's a bit sad there's no community behind this game, hard to find tips. So let me start with what I've learned so far, and my current strategy (feel free to share yours!):
    - Radio is useless (anyone confirm?), apart from the fact that you can 'see' your previous messages (so just a continuity kind of thing)
    - I leave my weapon/armor on the current place I'm clearing. Leaves you with more item to carry, and you can just pick it up when you go back.
    - Happiness is important, you get some penalties if you keep it down too much (coffee is expensive w/ 1 wood though, so just manage your other levels)
    - Wood becomes more important late (when you find no food) since it produces water->potatoes->mashed potato, the staple food (I think?) Wood can't seem to be reproduced, so you'll die eventually (I think, haven't reached endgame yet)
    - There's a ####ing 2nd page on the workbench (after the boots, slide down). I feel like an idiot discovering it after multiple playthroughs
    - Craft a military grade backpack/anti-riot armor ASAP. Backpack gives you 35 weight, Anti-riot makes damage -1/-3/-5. I always skip thick coat.
    - Make friendships. They give you stuff (The alcoholic gave me 2 explosives, 2 bait, 30 bullets last play through when I had no more bullets!)
    - I like the alcoholic. He only needs vodka (which you can't use anyway, at least, early game) and can give you lots of bullets
    - The doctor needs food for medicine/bandage. Generally depends. Giving her mashed potatoes when you're injured can make sense.
    - The woodguy is incredibly helpful late game, since he gives you wood. His trade is tools/weapons, so it's like a metal->wood conversion.
    - The asian, I haven't interacted with so much, but from the text she wants coffee. What does she trade?

13. ludka33

Jan 12, 2013
    Thanks for the tips! I'll post some, too! (Once I actually get some, haha!)

14. Diegan

Diegan Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    #34 Diegan, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    Great tips!

I dont like the repetitiveness of the game, I wish the places ti visit where noyt always in the same order.

Wood is the most important resource! I almost aleays die for an infection, is there a way to completely cure them?

15. vonknut

vonknut Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Paid to unlock the backpack which states '60 capacity' but can only see the '35' one in the build menu, even when scrolling down.

Bug or typo?

16. silverfang17

silverfang17 New Member

Dec 22, 2015
    #36 silverfang17, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    The asian chick trades component related stuff... coffee bean are the best trade item for her

Make friends with the guy that trades wood early. That way you can trade more woods with him with every trade item you give. Axe are easy to made and does not need that many metal.

17. FluffyFluff

FluffyFluff New Member

Dec 24, 2015
    #37 FluffyFluff, Dec 25, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
    The IAPs are character bonuses, items and supply drops.
    The supply drop IAPs are vital to survive more than about 30 days. Cost for the supplies, about $1.5-$5 each recurring, but it's ultimately pointless.
    For the first 20 game days resources are plentiful and zombies are weak so you can stock up and survive easily. After about 20 days the drops become less useful so you start burning through your stores quickly. The medical supplies need a lot of water and food cooking requires a lot of wood. Wood and water become almost impossible to get. Wood only comes from drops, water needs LOTs of wood to create, so without plenty of wood drops, you die very quickly. Generally you'll be dead by day 30-40 without an IAP to keep you alive.
    The NPC's and trade is almost pointless (You have to give them lots for free, but they give very little back). The wood trader is potentially the most useful NPC, but making him happy will often cripple you.
    Any weapons better than the basic axe will break very quickly so are pretty much a waste of resources (shotgun often breaks after 2 shots etc). Magnums seem the most resilient gun, but are only found in random "secret" areas which can't be accessed if you don't have enough health when they appear.
    All up, the game is fun for a couple of hours, but gets boring quickly. IAP's will prolong the game. In the end, how long you want to "survive" will depend on how much you want to spend.

18. Caeytlin

Caeytlin New Member

Jan 6, 2016
  19. peazza

peazza New Member

Mar 28, 2016
    #39 peazza, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    i've reached 40 days without any $$ spent!
    When the season changes to winter, bandages and pots become really really important because of the cold weather. I died because of infections from severe injuries :( at least i died full...:D I find that guns and bullets would be better saved for winter time as you can kill the zombies quickly and from a distance they cannot inflict too many injuries on you.

BTW Jeff trades his wood really cheaply with
    coffee beansand at friendship lvl 2 you can probably get 17 wood for 10 beans? Beans seem to come by really easily but if you have a maxed kitchen the broth will get you by just fine.

I'm still trying to figure out what Dr Jean trades bandages and pots cheaply with though, someone please please please if you know the good trades please post it here!!
    EDIT: Apparently she favors
    canned food. 1 tin at 3 hearts gets me an almost for a potion.
    I know that when you hit 2.5 or 3 hearts with Jean she opens up a new location Hospital but i didnt explore it cuz it was too far so i didnt think to go there *yet*.
    I don't really find Mr Lou very useful yet because he opened a bar location but the loot was like meh, nothing useful but perhaps its random? But also perhaps certain things are not made to spawn there EG medicine :mad:

Oh and if you don't have a barricade, you can drop your important items at the depository at the place where you watch ads, apparently no Zombies will ever break into that location, so you don't have to worry about things going missing.... I hope they NEVER fix this :D

I also usually follow this pattern when i build up my things.
    1~10 days- bed lvl 1, work bench lvl 2, kitchen lvl 2, greenhouse lvl 1
    10~20 days- water distiller lvl 1, barricade lvl 1, medicine box lvl 1
    20~40 days- workbench max, kitchen max, greenhouse max, fireplace max, water distiller max,
    Adddd this was as far as i got :(
    But this set up can usually last you to 20 days with at least kitchen lvl 2, greenhouse lvl 1 and water distiller. However i definitely started too late with growing herbs!
    However i may not want to upgrade my kitchen to max. I want to try upgrading to a proper bed and see if it increases the mood :)

Also if you take 4 hour naps instead of sleeping till dawn your mood doesn't go down (if not hungry)

oh and yes remember to scroll down on your workbench page!
    Mood affects how much HP you recover whenever you sleep. and HP is important because well...HP.

20. Renno

Renno New Member

Mar 31, 2016
    #40 Renno, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    Day 100 and still counting without spending money at all :cool:

This game is little bit luck dependent..but it's good though

Tips: things that u can use to trade with expensive goods: coffee beans,food,and something that looks like a circuit board (forgot the name).also remember, items on your workbench are more valuable for trading if it's more complicated (i.e. chainsaw can get you more wood than pistol)

Relationship is important.make full hearts ASAP.that way they will give u more,more trade items available,and opens special locations.to survive winter (if u cant make your own medicine yet) make friends with the doctor ASAP,and clear hospital (her secret locatiom).that, and getting as much woods as possible (from loot or trade with wood guy.this guy will open a location with many woods too), will help u survive winter.BUT dont think that spring is much better.its still cold, so dont ever think that infection threat is gone with the winter.

At late days, energy is important bcs locations are far and less loot.zombies are stronger,so after winter,make sure u have chainsaw and anti riot suit.also,at summer,there will be foggy days that makes your aim worse,so spend your bullets on winter/autumn.dont forget to bring food along when clearing areas so u dont have to go home if you re hungry.bandages and ointments ARE important at this phase, as zombies will hurt you more
    Oh yeah,and zombies night raids DO get more powerful as time goes by.you ll lose more valuable items at midnight raids (i lost 2 ointments,2 broth,and 1 bandage last night).level 1 fences cant hold them,so if u cant build advance fences,go out at midnights and bring your valuable things

DO NOT clear the museum when you re running out of resources.loots are sh*t,u will only get about 25 katana fragments,which is heavy and pretty much useless unless u wanna trade it (best with the wood guy)

I never get my thermostat distiller,cellar,and advanced med box because they are useless if u dont have the resources u need to operate them,AND of course those resources are hard to get (considering the fact that u give the alcoholic Luo pretty much all your vodkas,and it takes 8 vodkas and 8 woods to make 1 alcohol)

That s all for now.ask me for more
    Greetings from Indonesia!!:D

UPDATE: finally game over at day 133 (actually at day 110 but if u keep the hearts at dr.jean full for long enough then she will give valuable items like 5 bandages,2 potions,AND FIRST AID KIT.and i used it) because of infection (cant get bandage and potion at same time bcs they are expensive).my chainsaw broke, and turns out its almost impossible to survive without it at this stage (except if you have guns with bullets or explosives,which i didnt)
    apparently no new location appeared though i cleared some locations (dont know what will happen if u clear all locations.maybe the game ends,new loc appears,or old locs reappear so there will be loop).
    among the last locs are train tation,police stat,amusement park,office,warehouse.resources are minimal and useless (like metals and parts) and zombies are strong (lv.5-7) on those locations,and also relationship decreases over time,so its getting harder here.
    u have 2 choices: keep relationships good and get things that are impossible to get at locations BUT you cripple yourself (like running out of food or parts or coffee) OR you can ignore them,relying only on food and loot (and luck) BUT you cant get something like bandage or potion AND WOODS.
    either way,in the end, zombies 1, humanity 0