Universal Burgle Bros (by Fowers Games Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 11, 2017.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    What's the deal with the locked advanced characters?

Can the Acrobat, for example, access his advanced Acrobat form via some tool or event during a game? Or are these just character variants unlocked once you've beat the game 1x with their basic version?

2. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Burgle Bros (by Fowers Games Inc.)

I think these correspond to the advanced rules in the rulebook, but I don't know how to access them here. Maybe they're unlocked at some point.

As for being unwinnable, that's a gross overstatement. It's a fun game, well executed, with perhaps minor issues playing on a phone, which will be sorted.

Edit: correct. You unlock them when you win a game with the character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. nuutsch

nuutsch Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    It's because of your skill - not because of the app.
    I have won 2 games out of 5.

4. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    You unlock the advanced version of a character the first time you win a game with that character.

5. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011

I see now what you mean. It's in the FAQ. Thanks for flagging that. Maybe worth submitting feedback in the app.

I found an instance where a tool that allowed me to peek at the top 3 events and return them, that didn't work very well on a phone. I can't find the name of the tool, though - could it have been a crystal ball, would anyone confirm so I can submit the right feedback?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Yes it's a crystal ball :) Today was a good day,

[​IMG]

7. ScoopBrady

ScoopBrady Member

Jun 4, 2013
    It is definitely possible to win if you take the time to learn how to play the game. Definitely a learning curve but once it clicks this game is brilliant.

8. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    I'm enjoying the game, but it hasn't scaled very well in difficulty for me (playing solo). Playing with one or two characters is fine. Three is dicey, and four is really, really hard. I win about half the time with 1-2 characters, maybe 25% of the time with 3, and I've yet to win with 4. It's way too easy for a character to get caught multiple times off-turn with the way the guards move if you have four people.

The new update allows you to scale the starting stealth tokens for your characters. I feel like adding an additional stealth for 4-player games would make it far more beatable.

9. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I can only assume it was a typo with the new content description stating 4 new maps, right? My friend and I only see 3 new maps.

10. untraceable

untraceable Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    writer
    Miami, Florida
    Maybe in the next update, a military base, museum, the Pentagone and for the final the White House.

11. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I just got a paranoid theory, perhaps the 4th new map is hidden until you clear the Tower, so something 1 step beyond simply locked.

12. r33dyNZ

r33dyNZ New Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Yay, another update. Love this game. Addictively difficult. Great music. Thanks Dev.

13. untraceable

untraceable Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    writer
    Miami, Florida
    The game need a museum map and the multiplayer.