iPad Bullet Skater: Currently In Development

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BulletDev, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    #1 BulletDev, Dec 16, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
    I can't keep it a secret anymore - so I'm going to give you guys some info on my new company's upcoming game. The company will be called Bullet Development, and we will be focused on creating original, fun to play games that don't start with an "i" or go on sale within 24 hours.

Our first title will be "Bullet Skater", a simple 2D game in which you must dodge incoming bullets.

You play as a stick man on a skateboard and must dodge incoming bullets by skating around the screen and jumping. You move your player by tilting the device and you jump by double tapping the screen.

[​IMG]

Above is a very rough, and very early concept of what the game will look like. Final artwork will look much nicer, but the stickman will remain :). There will initially be 50 levels, with plenty of room for future updates. No price has been decided, but the game should make it's way onto the App Store in the first few months of 2009.

Looking forward to your feedback,
    - James

2. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

OMG. My dreams come true. I love stickman stuff. Please stickman fighting game, bowman, etc., etc.

3. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I dont get how you complete a level.

4. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    #4 istopmotion, Dec 16, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
    The game sounds fun and I'm looking forward to it. :)

Just a question - What exactly is the point of shooting a skater? I skateboard, so.... um... :confused:

Yes, we need Bowman!!! I love that game!!

5. BulletDev

Sep 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Sorry, I didn't go over that. Each level lasts 50 seconds, and you must dodge all of the bullets without completely dying within that time. Different coloured bullets do different things, and your life is based on a bar at the bottom of the screen (not in concept image).

6. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

Sounds fun. How much?

7. BulletDev

Sep 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Well the skater is a trouble-making teenager, and when he skates over old Mrs. Burron's garden, the old lady takes out her shotgun and gets her revenge. Sorry I just made all of that up, I don't really know why he's being shot at :p

8. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    #8 istopmotion, Dec 16, 2008
    I've been yelled at for skating on people's sidewalks.:p Maybe you could add a trailer with stick people at the beginning of the game (like a story). I think that's a pretty sweet idea XD

[Edit]By the way, I really like the trailer idea. You should make a video for once the game has been finished with the game as well(like the skater gets away from the lady, or something like that), if you're serious about the trailer thing.

9. BulletDev

Sep 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    I'm not sure yet. It feels like .99 cents is the only way it will sell well, but I hate to do that just like every other game. I guess we'll see when the time comes.

:) I actually really like that idea! I could film a trailer....... thanks for the idea, I know some kids who would love doing this!

10. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

It could be a $.99 introductory price, and if it does well you raise the price quickly. If not, it's a loooong introduction... Or make it $1.99. That price always seemed cool. It's a low price, but if it's 1.99 it cant be a piece of crap. (Dr. Awesome, Dropship, Blackbeard's Assault, Touchsports Tennis, etc.)

11. BulletDev

Sep 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    I am serious about it, and thanks for both pieces of help :)

12. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    #12 Kamazar, Dec 16, 2008
    An awesome idea (IMO anyways) is instead of resorting to the skater skating on the bottom, have some levels where the room is circular. That way, when you tilt the iPhone 90 degrees, the skater rolls to the bottom, catch my drift?

Another way to explain it: You know when Mario is jumping on those little planetoids and no matter where he walks, he sticks to the planet? Kinda the inverse of that. Sure, you'll have to alter the control scheme a little, but it'll be worth it. ... just a thought.

However, if you DO implement, you'll be sure as heck I get a promo code :D

13. {klondike}

{klondike} Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Rapture. It sucks.
    BOWMAN FTW!!!
    (someone please make bowman)

14. BulletDev

Sep 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    That's the whole point of the game. You can turn your device 360 degrees, and the skater will follow.

I wish I could call dibs on that, but someone is probably already working on it. Anyways, just like arn says, stay on topic.

15. {klondike}

Nov 30, 2008
    Rapture. It sucks.
    Please BarringtonSoftware, make Bowman. If someone else is making it I'll buy yours just please make it I want his so bad!

16. Flunkie

Flunkie Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    This looks great. I can't wait.

That's good news about Bowman too. :)

17. BulletDev

Sep 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    I'll be sure to look into it. I just need to get this game finished with first. Also note that Bullet Development is a two man team.

18. {klondike}

Nov 30, 2008
    Rapture. It sucks.
    Okay at least thanks for looking into it.

19. BulletDev

Sep 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Any more feedback or suggestions? I just registered a website domain for Bullet Development:

http://www.bulletdev.com

The site will be ready within the next day or two.

20. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Looks interesting, keep us posted. :)