Universal Bullet Hell Monday (by MASAYUKI ITO)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by 9x16, Oct 3, 2016.

1. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Agreed, GOTY for sure!

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    +1. I love Phoenix 2 and Sky Force Reloaded, but BHM just zoomed ahead of them in my GOTY race.

3. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    So good. Here's how much I love this game and this developer--I watch all the video ads that are offered, despite having a strong aversion for video ads in general. I watch them not because I really want/need the AP but solely to support the developer (assuming that the more video ads are watched, the better it is for him). And I've bought all the IAP available.

Cannot say enough good things about B.H. Monday and Masayuki Ito. His games are IMHO the best shmups on iOS, bar none.

4. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I too would love a endless run that continued to get harder over time

5. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    +1 I have done the exact same thing, bought all IAPs and I watch every ad whenever one comes available even though I don't need the AP, it's just to support Masayuki. His games are fantastic and I hope he continues to create more for us.

6. MasayukiIto

MasayukiIto Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

sorry, I don't have any plans about it at the moment.
    I agree that it would be a good thing but, IMO, a good random level design is more difficult to make than fixed levels. Anyway, if possible, I'd love to add something new mode/ships.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

7. poppichicken

poppichicken Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    #107 poppichicken, Oct 10, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    Hi folks.

Wow, this game is amazingly totally and utterly brilliant.
    (It's the only game that's torn me away from Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, since I started playing that 2 months ago)!

I've also bought all the IAP, and play every ad just to help out Mr Ito.
    I think/hope this game will finally give Mr Ito the success he deserves.
    (And it will lead to more bullet-heaven for us!)

Just wondering if anyone can help...
    I've got 100% on chapters 1, 2 and 3.

506.7 is not a hidden objective, but I just can't seem to defeat more than 78 enemies.

And I can't figure what to do for the following:
    406.7, 506.8, 507.6, 508.7, 509.8, 510.2, 510.3, 510.4.

Having said that, if any of the remaining objectives require no-bomb runs, I may not succeed regardless!

8. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    For 506.7 - Defeating more than 80 enemies:
    It's about speed, the faster you destroy enemies the more that spawn. So the enemies that take longer to destroy, you have to find a way to destroy them faster. In this case it's the big ships, bomb them instantly when they are onscreen. Don't bomb the small ships. Also pick the right time to kill yourself to replenish your bomb supply. I have defeated 80 enemies with this method using laser or wide or homing, I didn't attempt with the others yet but it seems that it can be done with any weapon. For the following objective (defeat 90 enemies) I only managed to do that with the homing weapon so far. You can also scroll up and view Masayuki's twitter where he retweeted a video of someone completing it - they used a similar method but also toggled between laser and wide weapons throughout (laser for big enemies and wide for small). I had tried toggling weapons previously but couldn't execute cleanly enough so never managed to complete it with that method but maybe it is easier if you get good at toggling to get the timing right.

Objectives:

406.7 -
    Defeat all land enemies and land objects and clear the level
    506.8 -
    Defeat 90 enemies
    507.6 -
    Clear the level without damage and within 75 sec
    508.7 -
    Destroy 75 obstacles
    509.8 -
    Defeat 4 enemies with bombs
    510.2 -
    Clear the level without damage
    510.3 -
    Clear the level without damage and without bombs
    510.4 -
    Clear the level without damage and within 70 sec

9. AlexanderHamilton

AlexanderHamilton Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2016
    By far the most fun bullet hell game I've played on the app store.

Just simple with a focus on action. Constant sense of progression as well.

10. poppichicken

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    @xjaff - thanks so much!
    That's really helpful.

I've managed to complete a couple of those now, but I think the last few objectives of chapter 5 will be a tough challenge!

11. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Anytime. Yes chapter 5 is difficult for sure! :)

12. asCaio

asCaio Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Damn. I just finished "everything". Challenge 5 is ####ing nuts even on normal. I love playing it on heaven even though Im dying pretty much every time.

What duo(trio) you guys are using for challenges? Im just using Laser(fast kill) and homing(OP Bomb) for everything.

Im at 100% on chapter 1,2,3 and will work on 4 and 5 later.

13. cenn

cenn Active Member

Aug 14, 2015

Please add an option to let players buy you a beer or something.
    Players like to support the developers and games they like, sometimes buying everything in the game isn't enough.

14. MasayukiIto

MasayukiIto Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

really?? I don't drink beer, though... :)
    I'm working for the next update now. Though this is a minor update, it contains one additional IAP.
    The IAP offers your ships the maximum upgrades and unlock Challenge mode all. This means the IAP works nothing to people who already finished all. This is for people who don't want to play Chapters.
    If you think that you'd like to more support me, please buy the IAP instead of beer.

And so, thanks to you guys, Bullet Hell Monday got 200k+ downloads now. really incredible...

15. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    I have unlocked All Challenges mode. But i love this game so much, so want to ask if it is possible that you can add a similar All Stages mode with leaderboards, too (like Challenge Chapter 1 includes stages 101-110, Challenge Chapter 2 stages 201-210 and so on. Each to be played in one go)

Even though the on-screen action is so colourful, wild and crazy i find myself playing this gem to relax and to unwind. Congratulations on a sublime and quite perfectly executed game!

16. poppichicken

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    That's wonderful! I'm really happy for you!

17. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Great news! I hope you get another 200k+ downloads in the coming weeks! You deserve it plus the more people that get to enjoy this excellent game the better.

18. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Awesome! You are ahead of me, I finished the chapters and I am currently just working on Challenges 1 and 2. The Challenges are amazing.

Primarily I have been using the laser, wide and homing types. I really like the way the lock-on weapon works but so far haven't been able to figure how to score as well with it. I have hardly experimented with the search or shield types yet.

19. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Update!!!!

I'm so torn!! The new IAP that unlocks everything is something I want to buy just to send the dev more money but I don't want to kill the progression.

I'm so torn. Lol I'll probably end up doing it.

Billy

20. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Same here. But then I thought to myself, "Why WOULDN'T I want to support Masayuki Ito?". Bought the IAP instantly. I'll probably just play challenge mode on the highest difficultly to balance out the fact that my ships have been seriously upgraded.