Universal Bullet Hell Monday (by MASAYUKI ITO)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by 9x16, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Mrbestapps

Mrbestapps Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Put 5 hours into the game so far. On 4-4 currently. Most addictive game I've played in years.

2. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    After an incredible beautiful long summer, i'm finally back for some ios gaming. And what a monday morning entrance with this amazing shmup from the new king of bullet hell games. Too thick, too much?
    No, i don't think so!

Bought everything without hesitation, left one of my quickest 5 star review on my app store (swiss) and included this brilliant gem into my GOTY contenders.

Congrats and thank you, Mr. Ito!

3. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Absolutely AWESOME!!!!

While browsing around the AppStore today, I came across this "Bullet Hell Monday" game. Being a fan of the Danmaku series, I looked at the icon art, and it inclined me to check it out. It was a FREE to download game, and it was a rather small size (less than 100MB). I then saw the preview video, and was like "Wow, looks really cool!". Before downloading the game, I read the reviews, LordShad0w's ("Why 5 Stars?") being at the top of the list; his along with other reviewers' reviews inclined me to immediately download the game.

When I started playing the game, I was literally BLOWN AWAY! The presentation, music, sound, effects, visuals, and gameplay sucked me in immediately! I've been playing nonstop for hours! I love how the game presents unlockable throughout progression, and it really enhances the experience. The FREEMIUM model this developer uses is SUPERB, and the game actually feels PREMIUM---a very rare occurrence in this day and age! Best of all, the game can be played offline as well!! I am thoroughly satisfied with this game, and I WILL GLADLY buy all IAPs because of this game's high quality; this developer deserves my money! :)

I've already submitted a 5-Star review to the AppStore for this game. :)

4. Styrixa

Styrixa Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    PA, USA
    #64 Styrixa, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    What are the 4th & 5th missions the ? ? ? ? ? ? for 210?

And yes, excellent game!

5. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Is there a way I can get the soundtrack for this game? The music is awesome!

6. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    The dev uploaded the tracks to soundcloud. The link is on one of the pages of this thread. I know I saw it on one of them.

Billy

7. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Ah, yeah. I found it. Thanks, I must've missed it before.

8. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I'm used to Ito releasing his games as fully premium. But we all know how the AppStore is. When I saw he was going to release the game as free to play I KNEW he was going to do it right. This is why I am a complete fanboy of this dev. It's not just his amazing games. It's also how he does it.

You REALLY need to check out his other two games. They are amazing works of art. They are well worth their price.

.Decluster
    .Decluster: Zero

Two amazing games. His original game .decluster will always be my favorite. Speaking of this game though he changed things up quite a bit and it just works so well. His Danmaku games will never leave my devices.

I do hope he adds a survival/endless challenge with procedural increasing difficulty. As I've said previously this would push this game over the top and prolong its life for when you complete all 50 stages. I'd be willing to pay for it as well.

Billy

9. #Bonk3rZ

#Bonk3rZ Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world

Within 45 seconds and within 45 seconds and no damage. ;)

10. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Haven't time to settle in with this yet but after a brief play today I agree this is fantastic. Thank you Masayuki Ito for another masterpiece.

11. Styrixa

Styrixa Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    PA, USA
    Thanks!

12. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    OK, I'm sold. Initially I thought this was just a very decent shooter, but not on the level of, say, Sky Force Reloaded. However, after upgrading a few bombs and weapons and getting into the bullet conversions and various missions, I'm starting to see that this offers something different.

Probably don't love it quite as much as Sky Force Reloaded, but this is very, very good indeed. And the music is just outstanding.

13. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #73 syntheticvoid, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    =oP

Need to get a list together for the ???? Objectives...

I just finished the Chapter mode and am now moving onto the Challenge mode... But I know I'm gonna wanna go back and 100% this game eventually... And some of these, I never woulda figured out without those of you here letting us know (thank you for that, BTW!).

14. mchlmc

mchlmc Member

Oct 31, 2012
    #74 mchlmc, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    Double post. Mods please delete.

15. mchlmc

mchlmc Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Yes, yes we are!

You've given us another masterpiece, with perfectly balanced gameplay and controls. Nobody comes close to your work in the BH genre.

Thank you!

16. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    I am just starting on Chapter 5 and it looks like it's going to be difficult to 100% !!! I managed to get the first 4 Chapters done so let me know if you are looking for a specific level and I can check what the objective is.

Going to start working on Challenge mode too. That looks awesome, level lengths seem more like a typical bullet hell game. Although I did enjoy the bite size levels in Chapter mode too!

This game rocks.

17. Grantlionheart

Sep 20, 2016
    :| been at it since it released and I never thought to do that. :| damn.

18. asCaio

asCaio Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    So, im up to 401.

Now that Im hooked I want to support the devs. There's 3 dollars on my app store wallet. I will buy a 0,99 and a 1,99 ship.

Which one you guys reccomend? I see that homing one is a favourite, what about the 1,99?
    Anyone tried all?

19. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    How the hell do you not kill enemies when I constantly fire lol. My missiles own.

Billy

20. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #80 LordShad0wz, Oct 8, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    I have them all. I've upgraded them all. I've played them all. Without a doubt the one I constantly go back to is homing. Since you are up to 401 you will already see an extra OPTION button in the upgrade area. That's an additional 2nd missile bracket. Once fully upgraded it adds 3 additional homing missiles to the 2 your ship fires. Firing really fast as well. So you end up with 5. The Bombs for the homing system are ass kicking as well. The bombs for each system are different. Some are weaker than others. The homing bomb release multiple huge bombs in 1 shot that hit hard once upgraded. Just grind and fully upgrade it. You will love it.

Homing is where it's at.

I suggest you buy them all just to support the dev. Plus it's nice to switch out sometimes. But I always go back to homing.

Just typing this has made me want to go play. God I love this effing game lol

Billy