Universal Bullet Hell Monday (by MASAYUKI ITO)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by 9x16, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Mrbestapps

Mrbestapps Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Already sunk 2 hours into this game. I cannot recommend this game enough! 10/10!

2. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Finally made it through all chapters, with a fully equipped ship the later levels become colorful pieces of art! What a fantastic rush! Now working the challenges.

3. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Made it to "Challenge All" mode and died at the third boss. Dear dev, all I wish for is a "Random Endless Challenge"... I would pay for it, quite a bit! And I think I wouldn't be the only one.

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #44 LordShad0wz, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    So far I've unlocked and mainly upgraded the Homing but moderately upgraded the other weapon systems and between the firepower and bomb effect I still say homing is my favorite. The homing missiles hit hard and fast and the splash damage is great.

I'll be honest. I do not like the shield weapon system at all. I guess it's because I'm more of an in your face type of player. I don't play defensively.

What is everyone's favorite and why?

Also Dev you should really add an endless challenge mode with an increasing difficulty and procedural enemy spawning. That would extend the life after the campaign. If it were an additional IAP I would be willing to pay for this since you've literally charged nothing for the amount of content you already have in the game. You should also decrease the time between being able to view ads so you can get more revenue from this. I am happy to watch ads for the extra AP. I'd watch them back to back until they ran out if I could lol

Billy

5. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Homing is so far my fav as well. Fully upgraded with all extra bombs it's so much fun, the screen is constantly bursting in colors.

6. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Anyone know the secret mission for Stage 105? I had an idea that it might be for beating the Stage with a low destruction rate but not really sure.

7. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    I agree I've already played this more than Phoenix 2

8. Mrbestapps

Dec 9, 2015
    Fully upgraded my first 2 ships without spending anything it's pretty easy.

Going to buy the other ships now.

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I slowly grew to LOVE Phoenix 2, but i wholeheartedly agree with this statement.

My current problem is that my daily playlist is Phoenix 2, Sky Forcec Reloaded, and Bullet Hell Monday. There is a problem in there somewhere.

10. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I have the same play list lol. The thing is this game excels in some areas and Phoenix II excels in some others. They both have strong points. Where this game has it hands down however is the pay model. I spent I think $60 in Phoenix II to get every ship and have everything fully upgraded. In this game I've spent $2 and have watched some ads lol.

The other area where this game has a win is the variety of levels and enemies. Phoenix II has 2 and a smaller amount of enemies.

If this dev adds an endless mode the games over. Then I would probably play Phoenix II a lot less until they add more ships and levels and I won't be spending anymore money obviously as I've overspent already. In this game Id gladly pay for future features.

Billy

11. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Ha, this! With another game added that I always play first :) Leap Day! :)

12. MasayukiIto

MasayukiIto Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Thanks for the great review with 5 stars!!
    It really can't get any better than this!

Thanks for your support. You'll find other IAPs after beating chapter2, right?:D

13. Mrbestapps

Dec 9, 2015
    Wow the levels are getting hard now xD I'm at 3-9 right now and it's very tricky! This is going to take a while to pass!!!

14. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    So I've finally gotten a chance to sit down and properly play this game. WOW this is good. Really good. As expected from the developer of .Decluster. Immediately bought the two extra ships. I actually like the shield type ship. And the music. Amazing. Getting major Touhou vibes from it. Thank you so much Masayuki for this game!

15. Mrbestapps

Dec 9, 2015
    #55 Mrbestapps, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    Does anyone know what the ??????? Is on 1-10? It's the final one I need

EDIT : done it! You needed to destroy the bosses adds before killing him. Took a while to figure out xD

16. Sugarbear Montclair

Oct 4, 2016
    This one is great!!! Now if some developer would make Ikaruga for mobile.

17. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Okay i think ? mabey needs to happen iz those of us that are willing to email the Dev so 4 it to become reality and we can post here if any1 gets contacted. I know Mr. Ito iz up 4 it. I fig if even half of our TouchArcadians of 184 Shmup/Bullet Hell Group write, If we all pull together hopefully it can happen. I don't wanna play on my busted Game Cube,well can't play#

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Holy crap.

Things just got a hell of a lot more interesting. I have to change my AppStore review!!

This game has even more depth that I thought. I just sat down to play. I've been grinding to upgrade the other weapon systems. Finally I said screw it. I switched back to homing and went full on. I make it to level 302 and ALL these new things opened up. Like someone else said this game peels open like an onion. I freaken love it. First there's 2 more weapon types that are $2 each. I purchased them both without question. I got 5,000 AP with one of the purchases which was really nice. I went to town with the lock on weapon system. I like it. For some reason I still like homing more so I switch back. I notice in the homing weapon system a new OPTION button. I tap it. Holy crap it's an ADDITIONAL homing set of missiles with weapons and all new upgrades. So now I'm working on them.

This game is effing phenomenal! Seriously. Effing phenomenal!

Billyp

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yup... Just got the 2 new IAP options as well. This game is easily $6 well spent.

20. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    YES. !

I detailed them in another post. I found them after you responded. I purchased them right away. The way you designed this game is amazing. It really is. I'm not saying this to kiss your ass. I'm REALLY enjoying your game! When I saw the new option button for my homing missile system I was wondering what it was. I tapped it and then saw it was additional lock on missiles with their own upgrades. I literally started smiling.

The way you set this game up, with the way it slowly unravels, with modest IAP, is just masterfully done.

I am HAPPY to give you my money. The value I get for it doesn't even compare. Thank you for creating such an amazing experience. I hope you NEVER stop making games. Also I wish you would bring all your games to steam. I'd buy them all on steam.

Billy