Universal Bullet Hell Monday (by MASAYUKI ITO)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by 9x16, Oct 3, 2016.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Lol I can't stop playing. I wonder how many levels this has!

I've been posting to Twitter. I hit one of the main bosses earlier and got my butt kicked right at its last iteration was about dead!!!! Grrr.

Hehe

Billy

2. Mrbestapps

Mrbestapps Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2015
    50 levels and challenge mode

So basically 5 insanely hard bosses. First one was pretty easy though.

3. Mrbestapps

Mrbestapps Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Just bought the spread ship from the shop for 1000 credits. It shoots a single Bullet. What do I need to upgrade to make it spread shot? Thanks

4. poppichicken

poppichicken Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    #24 poppichicken, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    You can change the ship-type you take into missions.
    The default is Laser, while Homing and Shielding are the ones you've unlocked.

They have separate upgrade trees, so upgrading Laser will have no effect on the power levels of the other ship types.
    Homing is fantastic after a few upgrades, particularly the lingering explosion.
    I haven't tried the Shielding ship yet.

[EDIT] Ah, I see that you've already resolved this.
    :)

For anyone on the fence about this game, don't be.
    Holy cow this dev is a *master* of bullet hell!

After trying the first mission, I immediately purchased the IAP for the other ship types, because I know that this game will stay on my phone for a long, long time (indeed, both .Decluster games have stayed). Absolutely outstanding. I love the trippy colourful graphics too!

Incidentally, the option to watch an ad for extra upgrade points is possibly the least intrusive implementation I've *ever* seen for such a thing. Hats off to Mr Ito.

Easy 10 stars out of 5 for this masterpiece.

5. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    He needs to change he UI. I'm not the only one that's getting confused. On the screen before you start you must select the spread weapon system for a second time or it goes with the laser.

I did the samething.

Billy

6. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #26 LordShad0wz, Oct 4, 2016
    I left a nice 5 star review on the AppStore. Here it is. I usually don't leave one this fast but hell yeah with this game:

Why 5 Stars?

This is the third Danmaku bullet hell style game from this developer and while he chose a different pay model this game not only delivers but is absolutely amazing. This game is free to play done right. The IAP is inexpensive and I really recommend getting the homing weapon system. I love it. There are NO timers as well as NO forced ads in this game. Absolutely none. There are opt in ads every once in a while you can view if you wish to get extra in game currency for upgrades. There is NO way to purchase in game currency. There is only one currency and you must play to earn it or once in a while as I said watch an ad for a bit more. That's it. The gameplay is fantastic. It's frantic and fun. The art style is absolutely great! I really love this devs artwork. The controls work perfectly and there are options to increase or decrease the sensitivity if needed or change it to more relative control. The different styles of weapon systems you can use are fantastic and then the upgrades for each style keep you always achieving something. Each level has its own achievements. There are mini bosses and big bosses. There is lots of variety in enemies and enemy weapon patterns. It really is a fun game. This is the type of dev we need to support. Again I really suggest purchasing the homing weapon system. So far it's my favorite. Especially after upgrading it. Thank you dev!

Billy

Edit- not in the review. If he were to add a AP doubler I'd buy it just to send more money. This game is worth more than the Measley $2 in IAP I could find in the game.

7. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Wow, this game opens up like an onion, with more options coming in later. Switching between two ships in-game feels so great. Currently fighting with stage 404. Also finished the first three challenges on easy. This game ate up my whole evening and half of my night. Brilliant gem!

8. MasayukiIto

MasayukiIto Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

9. poppichicken

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    Hi there!

Thank you so much for this wonderful game - it's absolutely brilliant (as were your previous games!)
    I agree with LordShad0wz up above... if you were to add an AP doubler IAP, I'd buy it instantly.

10. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Signed! Take my money!

11. wingsofdestiny89

wingsofdestiny89 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2012
    SG
    Clear level without damage and without defeating enemies.

12. MasayukiIto

MasayukiIto Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Unlocking homing/search type works even as AP doubler.
    See the info dialog box on each unlocking on the upgrade menu.

13. poppichicken

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    Ah, excellent!
    Thank you sir!

14. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #34 LordShad0wz, Oct 4, 2016
    Absolutely!

You always make amazingly fun games. Thank you for not being too aggressive with the different pay model you chose, however, I'll be honest I think you undersold yourself. I immediately purchased both IAP's even though I really only like the homing missile system. I just wanted to send you some support. I've also watched ads whenever I've seen the button pop up but it's very sparse.

Would you be willing to add an AP doubler in app purchase ? Say at the $1 to $2 price point? I'd definitely purchase it. Help me give you more money lol.

I really do love what you've done with this game. As with your other games I really do love the art style that you use with the bright and vivid colors. You always know where the enemy shots are and where your ships hit box is. That's so important for a Danmaku. I love the bullet patterns and I love how your levels are laid out that there will be a short break and then BAM all bullet hell breaks loose. It gets pretty intense. I also am appreciative that you allow us to grind previous levels for AP without penalties so when we get stuck we can level up different weapons and try out other options.

This game really is free to play and bullet hell hell all done right. Congratulations on the release of your game!

Billy

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I want even more on top of this lol.

16. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Thanks!!!!

17. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Another masterpiece in the bullet hell genre. I love all his games and it seems like this one may just be my very favorite. Will buy the IAP's in a couple days as well. But extremely surprised at how playable it is just from the free point of view that most gamers prefer. I'd pay $10 for this type of game any day.

18. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Imho, this is A LOT better that Phoenix 2.

19. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    #39 currymutton, Oct 4, 2016
    *deleted* okay found it...

20. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Congratz on an amazing modern take On Bullet Hell.
    I think it's brilliant in design and execution and even though i haven't finished it, i already hope you will add a new level or challenge every now and then.

And yes, i'm having fun, a lot of fun, smiling from ear to ear. Thank you very much!