Universal Built for Speed (by Meizi Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by blue rocket, May 7, 2017.

1. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    Would it be possible to give us the ability to change our name in game? I am somehow stuck with the name Peggy along with some numbers. Do not like that name at all.

2. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    If you go to settings and then edit on your character, you can change it once (make sure you like what you change it to because I don't think you can change it later).

3. xxteargodxx

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    Thanks, I just tried that and my iPad Mini 4 lagged it seemed when I tapped the check mark to pull up the name change, causing me to tap out of it. Now I can't seem to get it to change again and I'm likely stuck with this crappy name ugh :\.

4. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I've been thouroughly enjoying this but I'm now at the point where I'm about to give up because I'm seeing no real progression. The amount of time it's taking me to unlock the second boss or gain enough cash to unlock new cars is just getting silly now.
    I'm still having fun with it and the racing itself is really well done but I just feel like I've hit a brick wall.

5. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    I'm getting the error publishing the map again! I just moved up to the Gold league and in my tracks page there's a notice saying that publishing a new track will raise my income. I edited my first track and now it won't go online again. My other two tracks republished fine, though.

6. Meizi Games

Meizi Games Member

Oct 7, 2016
    Oulu, Finland
    Hi! Thanks for the great feedback. We've thought about adding the thumbs down feature in the future. For now we using the ratio of thumbs up and total players who have driven that map to sort out the best tracks.

Yep sorry about this, we found a bug with the name change! Lots of Peggys out there currently :D We just updated our servers and the name change should work now.

we've heard similar concerns from other players as well. We are looking at the leveling curve and especially the timing of the bosses and smoothing it out in the future. Hopefully the racing is enjoyable enough until then! :)

Hi! We've noticed similar issues with the track publishing and we're working on an update to fix it. In the meantime if you contact us through the ingame support button I can refund you the lost currency.

7. xxteargodxx

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    Well I tried this morning to fix my name and couldn't get it to change I guess I screwed it up once and was stuck with it. So I managed to uninstall the game, reinstall it and successfully change it to what I want it to be. Now only problem is when I re-connect my Facebook it doesn't keep that name, it switches me back to Peggy.

So I'll have to play without my Facebook connected.

8. Kogepan

Kogepan Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Damn, been playing this since it came out, and now the game won't load. The progress bar on the loading screen fulls up, but it goes no further, just spinning the tyre spinner. Restarting phone did not work - really don't want to uninstall in case I lose my IAP's and progress.

9. Meizi Games

Meizi Games Member

Oct 7, 2016
    Oulu, Finland
    Hi, sorry about the hassle! We fixed the issue before but it got overwritten by some maintenance work on our backend. The fix should be up soon(ish) and from then on everyone should have unlimited name changes.

Thanks for reporting this! We've done a lot of optimization in the last few days to our servers to ensure better connectivity to our players. This caused some downtime yesterday but that should be over. Hopefully these issues should be resolved by now, but if they are not feel free to contact our support email or directly in here and I'll be glad to help you out and see if we can do anything about it.

10. Kogepan

Kogepan Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Thanks, all working now :)

11. ikon

ikon New Member

May 24, 2017
    I feel ya! Don't usually play F2P games but was really enjoying this until I hit lvl 38 and the grind has come to a snails pace. The cars get seriously expensive (Really $21.99 CDN) and you need to buy them to stay competitive. The P2P transition has entered! This is one of the best Top-Down racers with a great track builder and responsive controls but after spending $12 to support Meizi I'm starting to regret it.

Also wondering why my stats don't move over to my iPhone? I'm not spending money again for the same schtick!

12. Paskalaatikko

Paskalaatikko New Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Enjoyed this excellent game first but at level 30 (33 ATM) really hit brick wall in terms of progressing. Racing itself is a beauty and really nice but competitions needs more work. Game have become too repetitive, you said you're got thousands of tracks, but it seems like I'm driving same tracks.

Competitions. Tour have become boring, payout is low and opposition is too random, sometimes I lap people, sometimes no chance. Maybe class and/or Car based races? Cup is better but all in all, it's just like tour but with timer feature. Event is thumbs up, putting all in same line!

Ads and even an Ad-Multiplier IAP, really? Paying money to see ads. Weird choice, kaverit. IAP is also quite expensive, I'd throw euro or two but 20e for getting better car is too much. But hey, no one forcing to buy me. It's just evident at level 33 progressing is too slow to endure as F2P.

Maybe you guys got some aces up in the sleeves!

13. Kogepan

Kogepan Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Had a few problems connecting over the past few days, maybe the login servers are down again?

Managed to get enough money FTP to finally buy the most expensive tarmac car, so hopefully a bit quicker progression up the ladder once I upgrade the handling and speed a few times.

14. Kogepan

Kogepan Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Hmm, its been over 2 days now and can't connect. The splash screen displays, the progress bar updates, but the game never launches past that. Is that happening to anyone else, or just me?

15. Paskalaatikko

Paskalaatikko New Member

Jul 30, 2014
    I've been unable to post my third track online for couple days now. And leaderboards takes ages to load

16. EZ Ice

EZ Ice Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Apps
    Tropical Island Pirate Hangout
    Cool style, cool game!