Universal Built for Speed (by Meizi Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by blue rocket, May 7, 2017.

1. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    #61 Derprozess, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 11, 2017

You know what, if you purchase the permanent ad multiplier, maybe at the time looks like a good idea. But @cilo is right. That should have been 3X permanent rewards multiplier, 2X would have worked too ofc, not watching ads for rewards, after you pay real money. Make it 10X ad multiplier, would still involving watching ads after every damn race! It was ok when I've started to play, but now it makes me sick just watching that ad-play button. Watching an ad here and there, I could live with that; watching it all day long, after every race, IMO is killing the fun.

Also, the Devs explained how matching is working a page or two back; having a fully upgraded car and decent (not extraordinary) skills aren't necessarily a recipe for winning a race; the best car would match you against better opponent (times) too; they're also willing to make the game a better experience, and they seem to be nice people, open for dialogue.

But if there's anything really needed to work in such a game, is IMO getting rid of 3X ad multiplier and replacing it with a 2X PERMAMENT multiplier. IMO you should replace both "permanent ad multiplier" and "2X 3 days booster" with one, simple 2X permanent multiplier. Make it 4, 5 euros; people are still supporting fair purchases in FTP gaming.

This looks like being a very long game, with hard to unlock next bosses, so these are my impressions about what I do think would make it a better experience.

2. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Be that as it may, it's worth noting that those maths are way off; it's 50 minutes, not 25 hours.

I have just said this but my post may end up getting missed at the bottom of the previous page. It's an important distinction.

3. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area

I agree. As much as I like this game, in many ways love it, the ad stucture is killing it for me. I too was ok with it in the beginning, simply because the game had quickly put its hooks in me. So much to like. But now, after many, many races, I hesitate to boot it up, knowing that half of my time will be spent watching ads. This, even after purchasing the intro package. I was almost ready to purchase a $14.99 coin package, but I knew I'd still be facing the same number of ads, that is if I wanted to keep up with the Joneses and advance. I sincerely hope the devs reconsider their unusual and aggravating approach to game advancement.

4. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Meh, I prefer Reckless Racing, a far superior racer that feels to have a lot in common with this, only better.

5. Kalosky

Kalosky Member

Apr 17, 2016
    Whoa!! Really loving this game. Just joined the TA team

6. Meizi Games

Meizi Games Member

Oct 7, 2016
    Oulu, Finland
    Hi guys! Thanks for the great feedback. We hear you loud and clear with the ads. Although the game is in no way balanced around watching an ad at every single opportunity you get I understand that the incentive is always there and it might get frustrating in the long run for sure. We will take this feedback to heart and look into making it less frustrating for everyone.

Hi! Thanks for the good feedback, this is something we plan on streamlining in the future for sure! Either bringing the likes to the map screen in some manner or making them more prominent after the race.

Hi! We hear you for sure and like I mentioned on the previous post we are constantly tweaking the matchmaking "on the fly", since we can do that on our end without updates to the client. Sorry for the rough start and hopefully it gets better.

Hey! We've heard this problem from some players but have yet been unable to figure out the problem. Trying to retry the publishing connected to a good stable internet connection for now is the best bet. Fixing this on top of our list right now. For now you can contact us support[@]meizi.fi with your ingame name included on the post, or contact us through the ingame support button and we can refund you for the track.

7. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    My thoughts:

Great pixel-y artstyle, smooth and fun gameplay, reminds me a lot of the Reckless Racing series (which is my favorite). Driving and sliding around corners feels really, really good. I'm loving this a lot so far.

Complaints: As others have said, I wish there was a regular coin doubler instead of tripling the amount you get from ads. I would gladly pay to get the benefits of watching the ad without having to watch. Normally I don't mind this setup, but the races are over so quick that I would rather not waste 30 seconds watching an ad for Mobile Strike after every single race.

Also, I am having the "L/R buttons not working at the edge of the screen" problem one or two other people have mentioned.

Other than those two things, I am really enjoying this. A highlight of the week for sure.

8. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Thanks for the response. I changed the track's theme and started from scratch and it published fine, so it's probably a bug of some sort. If it happens again, I'll contact your support to see if I can provide more useful info on the issue.

9. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Where's the gane of the week link? This is a HUGE contender....actually taking top spot for GOTY in my book right now

10. Kamakazie

Kamakazie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    I like the look of it but this game runs out of ideas way too quickly.

There's no nuance between the different car choices aside from the 3 stats, so there's no reason why you shouldn't choose the car with the best base stats for your class every time because if you don't, you're just going to lose to the better car every time.

11. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Actually, they depend on your playstyle as well. The third stat which is the grip aspect, can be both good and bad depending on your playstyle. Higher grip means youll be good on asphalt but cutting through patches of dirt will slow you down more so than cars with lower grip.

12. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    Feel the upgrading system is better in this than reckless racing and this has more character

13. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Soawatching an ad doubles your money...
    Mine doubles and it does add it to my total BUT WITHIN SECONDS it deletes and changes back to my previous currency.
    What the hell .

14. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    I've never done the advert thing I just race , I'm sure that probably be an easy fix with the devs

15. DanielHutchings

DanielHutchings New Member

Sep 4, 2014
    #75 DanielHutchings, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 14, 2017
    Edit: Issue resolved

EDIT:
    Just wanted to report that the issue seems to have resolved. I don't know why it wasn't working and then started working, but I am now receiving the full amount from the ad tripler. It seems to be affecting some others, but I can confirm that it is working for me now. Please consider my below statement revoked.

PSA: DO NOT PURCHASE THE AD TRIPLER.

I purchased it and it DOES NOT WORK. At the end of a race after watching an ad it tells me the "tripled" amount that I am getting, but when I look at my total money, it only gives me the doubled amount, as if I didn't purchase the tripler at all. I have raced MANY races and this happens every time without fail.

The most insidious part is that it's hard to catch unless you watch your total money, as after the race it tells you the tripled amount that you SHOULD be getting.

If the devs are in here, please respond as well.

16. Meizi Games

Meizi Games Member

Oct 7, 2016
    Oulu, Finland
    Hi! Thanks for reporting this and we are extremely sorry about this issue! This is in no way the intentional and we are as bummed as you are about this. This seems to be an issue with some OS/devices and it has slipped through unnoticed by us. We will offer a full refund of course if you contact our support at support(@)meizi.fi and will roll out a new update ASAP to fix this.

So sorry about this again, and if anyone else is having issues please contact us by mail and we will do our best to help you with any issues.

17. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    I have the same issue and have just sent an email to your support address. I hope to hear from you soon.

18. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    I too was considering buying the Reward Tripler but if it's only for hitting the little camera while on the map interface I don't want it.

I want my race rewards from Tour Tripled, should be without the Advertisements hknestly if we pay for the Tripler.

19. DanielHutchings

DanielHutchings New Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Just wanted to report that the issue seems to have resolved. I don't know why it wasn't working and then started working, but I am now receiving the full amount from the ad tripler. I will put an edit in my original post stating this as well.

20. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    After some extended play, I wish there was a way to give courses a thumbs down. Some of them are so horribly laid out that it's as if they were created solely to make you constantly crash. Putting a jump followed by a section with barriers and even an oil slick.....that's really poor design in my book. I can accept a challenge for what it is, but intentional (or unkowingly unintentional) bad design just draws away from trying to complete some courses in a tour and has even forced me to just complete the tour without getting gold. Allowing a negative rating would hopefully prevent these courses from popping up in tours. This might also allow for courses that aren't getting much attention to get that attention that they may deserve. Just a thought...with that said, I still love this game and it's my go-to game