Universal Built for Speed (by Meizi Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by blue rocket, May 7, 2017.

1. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Once you've finished press the play button, drive 2 laps and then there's a publish button on the end of race screen.

2. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    You can press anywhere on the relevant half of the screen to turn in that direction, not just on the buttons.

3. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Thanks guys.

How do you play on custom maps created by other players? Is it the 'Events' part of the game besides Tour and cup?

4. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Not even sure how you unlock Events. Seems to be related to bosses. Not sure how you unlock them either. :/

If you go to the team tab, find a player and click on them you can play their tracks. Far from ideal.
    There doesn't seem to be a track browser. I'd love to be corrected.

5. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    #45 Derprozess, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
    The game looks incredibly good; graphics, watch videos for double rewards, great rewards for 1st and 2nd place, and many other things pointed out here already, are all a big plus for a FTP game.

Now here it comes the (unpopular) whining --

For me, it was fun for around one hour, until I won against the first boss. After that (and 2 more easy to win maps) I've barely could get 3th place (with both my car and the one taken from the boss fully upgraded). It feels like I'm driving against the best time results in the game, or "better" ; I'm feeling cheated, it's like if I'm doing a great race, the rest of them opponents (sometimes with the same car I have, I've seen many Micro's against me) suddenly improve their time to stay ahead of me. One guy crushed his car (he had a Micro, as myself) in front of me, got in the track in a second and in a blink of an eye, disappeared! -- even if I had a good run, I didn't stand a chance for at least 3th place! I'm in C Class, with fully upgraded cars, but after beating the boss the game's getting impossible? So what am I suppose to do now, watching commercials for 200 gold extra?

So my problem is, no matter how good I do in a race, the other racers are somehow doing FAR better. IMO this is the downside of playing against real scores (asynchronous multiplayer) and NOT against "real" people, in "real" multiplayer. I've seen this already in Real Racing, where asynchronous multiplayer (alongside timers for repair, and other outrageous FTP elements that -- lucky for us -- weren't implemented here) was one of the reasons I quit playing. Probably I'll remain the only one complaining about this, so I won't post anymore; is just that it doesn't feel "fair", so these are my impressions about a game that, again IMO, could have been so much better, for this reason alone.

6. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Can honestly say I haven't noticed any sort of disappearing or the like.

In terms of doing well it's all about preserving forward momentum; clean lines, keep drifting to a minimum, stay off the verges and keep your steering inputs to a minimum.

Keep at it; it's great fun when it clicks.

7. Meizi Games

Meizi Games Member

Oct 7, 2016
    Oulu, Finland
    Hey guys! Juho from Meizi Games here. Thanks so much for all the great feedback and sorry for the late reply to all this! :) We'll be keeping an eye on this thread from now on and I'll go through answering older posts in the next reply.

If you have any further questions I'll be monitoring this thread. You can also email us at support[@]meizi.fi if you have any technical problems or message me directly in here with anything!

8. Meizi Games

Meizi Games Member

Oct 7, 2016
    Oulu, Finland
    Hey! This was covered earlier on the thread I think, but I'll answer it anyways. All the tracks in the game, except for the boss tracks and few of the early tutorial tours are done by the players. You can see the creator of the track on the preview on the map screen. You can click on the profile to open their profile up and see their other tracks etc.

Thanks for the great video feature and good feedback. We are taking all this stuff in and working on improving this in the future. So yep all the players are also real people, except for some of the tutorial races and bosses. Improving the team interface and bringing more functionality around teams is on top of the list of things to add. :)

Thanks for the comments and feedback! All the tracks in the career mode are user created indeed. You can also browse peoples tracks by opening their player profile. For now this is easiest to do from the team tab or from your own league tab in your player card. We'll work on making all this stuff more accessible in the future.

Hey thanks for the good feedback and comments. This is on the long list of improvements already, but yeah full explanation: To unlock the next boss Prius Ian you have to advance to the next league level. You can check your league progress on the top of the minimap where your current and next medals are displayed. So collecting league points from doing well on the tours and cups will get you there eventually. Rest of the bosses work the same way. Hope this clears this up a little bit.

About the cups: Cups are a game mode that put players into pools of 10 at a time and work on a global timer. So you have x-amount of hours to complete all the maps with all the 9 other real players. At the end of the cup the full results are tallied and rewards are sent to all the players.

There's a 48hour lock for the track once you've created it. After that you can redo your track or make modifications and publish it again.

Yep the buttons should be full screen, we'll investigate this and fix it on the next update for sure if it's not the case. :)

9. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Mine's 'Le Mans'. I left you a like cheers!

10. Meizi Games

Meizi Games Member

Oct 7, 2016
    Oulu, Finland
    Hey thanks for the great comments and feedback! We are aware that matchmaking can sometimes be a real issue and we've been tweaking it a lot throughout development and testing. Here's our main objectives with the current matchmaking. We are trying to find a good balance between 3 key things:

1. Always having other ghosts available - Due to the nature of the game we have tens of thousands of maps available and especially with new maps there's sometimes cases where there's not enough players to have balanced competition. We try to avoid this as much as possible with many ways, but sometimes these new tracks get surfaced to players with sub-optimal ghosts.

2. Races being competitive - We try our hardest to have a the races be competitive in a fair and balanced way, where you're not just stomping everyone but don't feel completely outclassed. For now to relieve a situation like yours we could just tune the difficulty way down, but we don't feel like that would be great either. This is a really hard thing to achieve, but we feel like we are going into the right direction based on the overall feedback. There's still a lot of work to do but we'll do it.

3. Not being "pay2win" - Finding suitable ghosts based on your driving experience, league level and cars is tricky. We want to reward players for getting cool cars and tuning them up for sure, but at the same time we wan't to keep the game competitive between paying and non paying customers for sure. The matchmaking, and especially the event-mode is tuned to take this to account.

Hopefully this clears up some things regarding the matchmaking. We are still actively tweaking the matchmaking and listening to feedback on this regard, so keep it coming. We love hearing it and want to make Built for Speed a good experience in this regard especially!

11. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Now that I know the tracks raced are user created, I realized I've neevr clicked the "like" button. Once you go back to the tour screen, it would be cool to be able to select that track (event) and "like" the track here as well, as opposed to just on the race results screen. I just didn't pay attention to it in time and unless I race the course again (burning a ticket in the process), there doesn't seem to be another way to like the track....unless I missed something?

12. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    #52 hvianna, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
    Since last night when I try to publish a track I'm getting the message "Oops! Failed to send the map online! Retry?"

Edit: I unlocked another track slot and it published ok, but I still get the error on my first track. Tried deleting a few blocks and still no luck.

13. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Been awhile since i've REALLY been taken in by an AppStore game, but this game is friggin' awesome! (Oh, and just to be clear: my league is "RANDOMRACERS"...join me!)

14. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Glad this finally picked up steam after a several days from Launch.
    Seriously one of the best racing games out their with a perfect difficulty curve and progression rate.

15. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    The game's perfect. Ive been waiting for a game that played like lilracerz micro rally that was released on iOS way back.

16. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    ... like I told you guys, this game is the ish!

17. Mrbestapps

Mrbestapps Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2015
    #57 Mrbestapps, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 11, 2017
    Is it just me or am I stuck? I have no missions or anything to do to earn gold and my vehicle is too slow. I cant win a single race anymore. I'm using the mink cooper and the ghosts are much much faster than me.

Seems like the only thing to do is to buy that starter pack... without spending you can't progress.

Can't rate it yet because maybe I'm missing something.

Edit: I see that others have the exact same issue as me. The progression and the ghosts need to be rebalanced asap.

18. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    #58 icoker, May 11, 2017
    Not necessarily. You just need to save up for a vehicle of the next tier (any car above a tier of the mini cooper will work) by replaying matches until you get gold cup, then double what you earned by watching ads.

Plus spending upgrades on your mini will work as well. I upgraded my macro depending on my playstyle (since i focus my playstyle on drifting, my cornering and grip upgrades outweigh my speed upgrade). Also, if youre losing those games with ghosts, adjust your playstyle, or upgrade parts you need. You can always beat faster cars if you corner well. But if you feel like the map has too many straight lines, consider upgrading speed.

19. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #59 Cilo, May 11, 2017
    lol I know the purpose of the ads but sitting around watching ads to progress in a game isn't my idea of entertainment.

Just put in a permanent x2 rewards IAP and a permanent x3 rewards IAP and call it a day. 30 seconds an ad at average 2000 coins per ad reward (on a good day) and you're looking at 25 hours of ad watching to unlock a 200,000 coin car. Have fun with that.

20. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    200000 / 2000 = 100 ads

100 30 sec ads = 50 minutes.