iPad Bugdom might have the best dpad of any game I played

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vende, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    The dpads in Brothers in Arms and Dropship could take a lesson from Bugdom, as I find Bugdom's to be extremely smooth and easy to use. The game completely changes from crap to amazing with this one control change, and I'm begging Pangea to do the same for Nanosaur.

2. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    i agree. when i downloaded bugdom2 i played it for 10 minutes and just deleted from my iphone - controls were awful. and now i really enjoy this title.

big plus pangea!

3. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    Can anyone help me find the mouse? :confused:

4. PoV

PoV Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2008
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Interesting. I'll have to take a look at that.

What does it do specifically? Does it gradually accelerate after touching, or does it fake an analogue stick (i.e. tilt thumb more left and you turn left faster)?

5. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
    its a shame Bugdom is really boring :'(

6. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    I haven't noticed any acceleration - it's just that the dpad makes movement very easy. The pad itself is just a cross, and there are now buttons for jumping, lifting, kicking, bee attacks, etc

7. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    #7 Vende, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I realized today that Pangea disabled the updated save option. If you don't beat the level because you get a phone call or just have to go, you now have to start at the level's begining as opposed to the most recent checkpoint. Oh come on, that's just retarded.

EDIT: I emailed them and told them to fix this

8. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Seriously? That makes no sense whatsover! I haven't played it since it was first released and found it be so frustrating that I nver returned, even with the updates. I was considering trying again due to the save update and now the controls but if they took out the save/checkpoint bit, forget it.

9. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Public Relations/Graphic Designer - Spiffcode Inc.
    Seattle, Wa
    Never played Bugdom. Anything like the D-Pad for Hero Of Sparta? I really liked the free flow of it's pad.

10. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Pangea gave me a prompt response.

"Brian Greenstone <brian@pangeasoft.net> wrote:
    The save feature works exactly the same as before. I just tested it again here to be sure and it works fine for me. If the game gets interrupted it asks you if you want to resume it the next time you launch it."

Is it just me? Does anyone else have a problem? I don't want to delete the game and reinstall it yet since I don't want to lose my progress thus far.