iPad Bugdom 2 ver 1.0.2 out. Better control?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by wastedyuthe, Oct 20, 2008.

1. The new version is out now here , and is described as having improved controls. Unfortunately, nothing is mentioned about a better save system. But what are peoples opinions on the control of the new version. Any better?

2. Freegoo

Freegoo Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Dunno, until they implement a better save system I'm not going to bother with the game. My guess is that'll never happen.

But to be honest I didn't think the controls were that bad to begin with, just had to use the neutral button a lot.

3. Yes, the one frustration I had more so than controls was the save system, which is the reason it was removed from my device, and I swore it wouldn't go back on until the issue was resolved in an update.
    However, curiosity has got the better of me, and I have downloaded the update. I will report back once I have had a play. I doubt I will keep it on though.

4. Ok. Had a good play, and can confirm the bug no longer runs around like a headless chicken. I lowered the sensitivity right down, and now the fastest he goes is a gentle stroll, which gives you a lot better control.
    However, like I said, the save system unfortunately hasn't changed, so frustrations will still arise on the later levels for me. So maybe it's time to remove the app now I have tested it before I start tearing my hair out again.

5. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Also, the kick and pick up controls are a lot more responsive. I used to get a little frustrated trying to kick some fly @ss but instead, mr. McFly kept jumping and jumping.

6. I never had a problem kicking as such, rather a problem with kicking in the right direction. With the new version, to be fair, it has improved. The bug does tend to automatically kick in the enemies direction if they are standing near him.
    It's a real shame about the save, as this isn't bad to actually play now. I'm just not going to have half hour to spend every time I want to play. And it's even worse for iPhone owners, where a phone call will mean they have to start again.

7. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    @wastedyuthe:

How far are you on this game anyway? What level?

8. Level 1! I re-installed the game after this update, and so my previously saved game has gone. When I played it before, I reached the toy room level (which is where I got too frustrated with it, removed it, and swore I wouldn't install it again until an update fixed the problems). I think the toy room level was level 4 or 5- somewhere around there.

9. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    That sucks. The Toy Room is level 5 and is probably the hardest one since it looks like a maze. Level 6 is a lot cooler, if you like dark and moth-filled and jabalin-throwing bedbugs(?).

10. To be honest mate, I am reluctant to try and get that far. I got stuck finding the last jigsaw piece on the toy room level and because I needed a break (I was playing that level for half an hour) and couldn't save, I gave up and removed it. I am concerned the same thing will happen again.

11. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Hey guys

I really like Nanosaur, would I like this game as well? I am aware of the save issues...

12. Can't tell for sure as I haven't bought Nanosaur. All I know is the save feature isn't the only problem with Nanosaur, according to some reviews. For example, the maps are quite large and you have various amounts of eggs to find in each stage. The problem is the map doesn't show where these eggs are and they can be hard to find. Not only that but one hit by a tree or something and you die, adding to frustration. This is just what I have read, so again, this is not my own opinion. STP_Steve's site, Slide To Play, has a good review on it here .

13. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    @rootbeersoup:

I think you will like this game if you have no problem playing for 30 mins straight and don't care about saving. Besides, for 2 bux, it's worth a try.

@wastedyuthe:

Haha. Yeah, that jigsaw puzzle was a doozy. Well, the way i see it you got two options: 1)completely forget about the game (since i don't see Pangea updating the save feature anytime soon) and 2)keep playing the game even if it takes you more than a couple of tries to beat a single level.

14. Agreed- I don't think they will work on the save feature. Perhaps I will try again now the controls have improved. Can you give me a hint on the jigsaw pieces- are they all in that area past the snail (where you move the block to jump over the wall)? There were 4 from what I remember, and I found 3 on the floor in various places but couldn't find the fourth.

15. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    It's been a while since i played that level but i think there where only three pieces. Two of them are right next to each other and yes, they're past the snail. The first one you meet on your way to the snail. I believe that if you follow the BullyBee then it should show you the way.

16. Hmm. I'm wondering if there was a bug (no pun intended) when I played it. When I first saw the jigsaw I thought there were only three pieces missing, and played till I'd got 3 pieces and still found there was one missing afterwards. So I assumed I'd just not spotted the last gap before. I searched high and low for a good 10-15 minutes for that one last piece, and must have searched the area extensively at least 4 times. That's when I gave up.

17. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Makes sense...It probably was a bug, kinda like the one where if you died in the pool the game wouldn't reset.

18. Freegoo

Freegoo Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2008
    wastedyuthe are you aware of the cheat in Bugdom 2? There's a way to skip levels or select a level from the main menu. I don't want to post how here for fear of ruining the game for someone but if you search on Ipod Touch Fans forums you can find it there, or PM me and I'll tell you how. (If you PM me I probably won't respond till very late tonite though, have to go to work soon). Anyway, be a way for you to get all the way up to the toy room (or just skip that level) without replaying everything.

19. Thanks Freego- will PM you mate.

20. jlake02

jlake02 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Manager
    Los Angeles
    I had the EXACT same problem! I searched for over 2 hours (total) for the last piece and it wasn't there. Finally I just used the triple tap cheat to move past the level. Annoying!

As far as the controls, the kick is much easier now. I love the game but it REALLY needs a better save option.