iPad Bugdom 2 only $1.99

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by rockchalk22, Oct 10, 2008.

1. rockchalk22

rockchalk22 Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Bugdom 2 is only 2 dollars now, I don't own it but I was wondering if it is worth the 2 dollars. I have heard good and bad things about it, let me know what you think

2. Well I gave up playing it a long time ago. Controls for me were very awkward, and levels were getting that big they were taking close to 30 minutes to finish- with no save option through a level it became a joke. I don't recommend the game at all, even with it's fancy graphics, sound, and presentation.

3. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    If it had auto-save I' recommend it. As it is, it's too frustrating if you get a call or even just have something to do. Auto-save would make it a good game though.

4. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    I really want to like this game, but like wastedyuthe I stopped playing it because the save system sucks. I'm still on the first level because they're simply too lengthy, with no sort of checkpoints or anything.

when you're trudging you're way through a 20+ minute level, then get a phone call and have to start over. you'll know what I mean...
    you just stop playing after so long...

though to get that much gameplay out of a 2$ game is pretty impressive,
    the whole thing just needs to be tightened up a bit.

I think it's a great start, and that they should be able to fix some of it's shortcomings with updates.

-save issue
    -controls could be better

but I'll at least give em credit for bringing the first real 3d adventure game to the iphone. we'll never know how well things work until somebody tries.
    The price is right, and as much as I loved enigmo, I was willing to try it out.
    (though I probably wouldn't try billy frontier if they paid me! well....maybe ;))

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I wish Pangea would stop with the ports already and make some new, specifically for the iPhone/iPod Touch games. I think they could make something pretty cool if they put their mind to it.

6. Eric5h5

Eric5h5 Well-Known Member

Yeah, actually, that's exactly what they're doing. Of course, it takes longer to make something new than to make a port.

--Eric

7. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    I actually enjoy playing this game. Some levels take more than 30 mins to beat, which is what i want in a game. The controls are a little off and some might get motion sickness from Mr. McFly running around getting chased by a garden knome but it's still pretty damn good. Also, if you hate bugs, you might not want to get this game: it gets pretty graphic (Fido level anyone?).

8. STP_Steve

STP_Steve Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Editor of slidetoplay.com
    San Francisco, CA
    That depends on whether you feel like wrestling with the game's controls and rotten save/continue system. The game's production values are excellent--worth well more than $2--but I think that the game itself is pretty frustrating.

http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/bugdom-2-review

9. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I think that pretty much sums it up well from my perspective. Has good graphics for the Touch, but the save system is beyond frustrating as are the controls. But it's one of those where you can feel the potential, it just doesn't live up to it (which in a way makes it even more frustrating)

10. Don't get me wrong- I like the fact that the levels are so big, and welcome it. It's the fact you can't save where ever you are in the level I don't like. Sometimes I haven't got time to play for half an hour.
    Also I think I mentioned this before in another thread- the last time I played this game I was on the toy room level and was playing it for half an hour before getting stuck right at the end (I couldn't find a jigsaw piece I needed). I really wanted to turn it off and carry on another time, but I knew coming out of the game would mean starting all I've again. It was then when I decided enough was enough and I removed it from my Touch (and it hasn't been on since).

11. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    seriously dude. the levels in Halflife 2 are real long, but you can save at anytime and pick up where you left off.
    I just use that example because that's what I'm currently playing at home.

(speaking of halflife/orange box, I found a flash 2d version of "Portal" online. definitely worth checking out for fans of the game, or puzzle/platformers in general. just google it)

12. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    I see what you are saying. The fact is, the lack of a save feature does not hinder my playing since i play it until i beat a level or two (at home of course, near an electrical socket). And yes, if you dont have more than a half-hour to spare than you should not play this game. I guess this game would only appeal to 'hard-core' gamers.

13. Wether you are a hard-core gamer or not is neither here nor there. The game is on a mobile device, and when I am out and about I haven't always got time to play a game for half an hour. Basically the developer was lazy porting the game to a mobile device without this in mind.

14. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    @wastedyuthe

Let's just agree to disagree on this one. Keep in mind that what you are saying will make developers deliver half-assed games with levels that take 3 mins to beat and thus the idea of a true game on the iPhone/Touch will be nothing but a dream...

15. #15 wastedyuthe, Oct 12, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
    How are you getting the wrong end of the stick? I have already stated in a previous post (that you even quoted in your post above) that I WELCOME long 30 minute levels, it's just the lack of a save option during the level I am miffed about. Even hard-core gamers may only have ten minutes to spare sometimes and may only want to play part of a level and save the game to carry on at a later time. I have never said we shouldn't have long level games. So why should I agree to disagree, when we DO agree long levels are a good thing?

16. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    What i was referring to as a disagreement was this game. I like it while you obviously do not. That's all.

17. DoubleV LTD

DoubleV LTD Member

Oct 12, 2008
    What you think?

Do you think it's worth to make a discount for your apps?
    I have some applications and I'm thinking to increase my sales.

What happened to you after reduce the price?