Bug Princess 2 Black Label

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Vally, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    #1 Vally, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
    HURRAY!

The first Black Label port to iOS has now been announced by Cave as Bug Princess 2.

http://www.cave-world.com/en/games/bugprincess2-blacklabel.html

To those unaware, this isn't a completely new game but a 'revision' of the existing Bug Princess 2. Score chasers are going to be in for a great time though. :)

Just to summarise a few of the key differences between the White Label (original) and Black Label releases:

Bug Princess 2 / Mushihimesama Futari Black Label is widely regarded as one of Cave's easiest 1CCs in Original mode, due to the difficulty scaling based on score. If you're playing for survival, the Black Label version is much easier. If you're playing for score however, things get much, much harder and much, much faster...

No more Normal/Abnormal shot. The two characters now have a set shot type. This resulted in Reco being overpowered in the arcade release, due to her homing options that Palm just doesn't have. This may change in the iPhone version though due to the control setup.

New proximity scoring effect with Original mode scoring. Pick up the gems extremely quickly / close to the destroyed target and they turn blue instead of green, and are worth a ton more points.

Maniac scoring / red gauge scoring is much easier. In the white label release, getting the gauge up to the red zone and keeping it there for maximum score was pretty difficult. This is now much easier to do in Black Label.

Ultra mode has been replaced with God mode. God mode now uses Maniac style scoring instead of Original style scoring, with a maximum score multiplier of 30,000x. It's a little more manageable than Ultra mode.

New True Last Boss - Spiritual Larsa, only available by 1CCing God Mode.

2. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Hurray indeed

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Be nice if there was an update / cheap upgrade for those who bought Bug Princess 2 though, dont really want to fork out a fair amount (In iOS terms) for this one.

4. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    Cave = Good

5. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    So if you were going to choose between White or Black, which one would you grab?

6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#6 Sanuku, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2012

There was and never will be an "which" if it comes to Cave Games. If you like the Genre the Games from Cave are pretty much what you should buy as soon as they appear on the Appstore.

7. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    I always favoured the Black Label release over 1.5 (White Label). White Label never got any playtime with me when I had BL to play with.

8. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Nah...

I have every iOS-published Cave game (except for the most recent DDP), but gonna have to pass on this one. Ready for something different, like say, Muchi Muchi P&P Sweets.

9. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    At the moment, I want to know what the price point and all are, because if I'm basically paying another $8 for a modification...
    Eh, I've never had experience with any of the Label versions.

10. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    How many versions of bug princess are there?

11. Itchyant

Itchyant Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    I always love Cave's ios ports, but I can't help to feel just a little disappointed that this is not being done as an update or iap. I dare say that this is the second of the games cave announced along with futari (original)

All i want is just a little ipad pork! Is that too much to ask for?

12. zeth

zeth Active Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Anyone have a guess as to when this will be released? I think previous games have come out fairly soon after the announcement/trailer.

Super pumped for this. Ive been playing Black Label on 360 non stop lately and Bug Princess 2 is my favorite Cave iOS release.

13. zeth

zeth Active Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Shameless bump because I'm dying to get this game. This is probably the best suited to touch control of all the Cave releases so far. Bring on the gem-shedding madness.

14. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    According to PocketGamer it comes out on the 23rd of June!!! :D

15. Coldcoffee

Coldcoffee Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Student
    Monkey Island
    14$ + IAP... Ohh lots of people are going to be pissed with the pricing. Most are already angry over a separate app for Black label.