Universal Bug Princess 2 Black Label - (by CAVE CO.,LTD.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 22, 2012.

1. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    *lol* this is all I have to say.
    skip this one. was excited... but not with this capitalistic iAP policy :D

2. zeth

zeth Active Member

Feb 8, 2012
    One of the greatest shooters of all time on iOS. Only thing I could ask for is separate leaderboards for the non-hell difficulties. Seems really easy to get respectable scores even on Normal and Novice.

Took the top spot on the Original mode leaderboard with 890mil, there's one person ahead of me with an impossible score, so I guess that could be fixed.

Doubt I'll ever play 1.5 again, black label is so damn amazing. And the gameplay style (especially Original mode) works REALLY well with touch controls. All the point-blanking and shedding at the top of the screen is super fun on an iPad and it's nice to have it with me all the time on the iPhone. Maybe I'll make some progress in God mode, haven't had the patience to learn it on 360.

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #63 syntheticvoid, Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
    WOOHOO!!! Beat Original Mode without loosing 1 life... got my 5 life bonus at the end... =oD

I've never done that before... sorry...

WOOHOO!!!

BTW, VERY glad I bought this version... it's definitely a step up from the original, and I doubt I'll ever go back to it.

**edit**

haha... just saw the Original Mode All Stages #1 score on GameCenter...

9,223,372,036,854,775,807 - by Finalark

Sad that it's already been hacked...

4. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    You haven't broken into the quintillions yet? You need to step up your game son :p

5. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Why did I check this thread!?
    Why did I have to read this!?
    Because I love Cave games
    Why must this always happen I spend a truck load of store credit and then they release this!!
    It's like a drug this compulsion to get amazing games even if they are expensive ....
    But look what you get.....can't resist
    Must go do something else to ease the mind:)

6. zeth

zeth Active Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Anyone know if the Custom Shop cheats prevent you from posting to leaderboard? This looks like a pay-to-win game, sigh.

Happy to be number 2 behind the impossible score, though :)

The biggest problem is that you can get really high scores on the easy difficulties, so there's almost no incentive to play Hell, which is a damn shame. Maybe they can make separate leaderboards or scale the scoring like past releases.

edit: Been playing the hell out of this so much that I need to recharge my iPad, gonna hit the 360 version and work on BL God mode I think. I'll be happy if I see stage 4.

7. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I'd assume so... that's how they did it with DDP:BD

**edit**

BTW, Congrats on the score!

8. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

This Finalark is an idiot, he's number 1 on almost every cave game with absolutely impossible scores

9. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Lol..I wonder if thats a gamecenter limit or an arbitrary limit. Even in my current obsession (Pocket Planes), there's a guy with a different GC name, but the exact same score. Its probably a few guys that just hack every GC leaderboard.. lol

10. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    I want to make sure I'm reading this right. You're saying two completely different games by different devs show the exact same astronomically impossible score?

Why do people even do this? Pathetic is the only word I can come up with to describe this kind of behavior. I mean, is there anyone on the Earth that even contemplates whether those scores are real?

DBC

11. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Yup.. Check it out yourself. Just checked Angry Birds and a bunch of people have this exact same score also.

12. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I really don't get why someone would do this, in Cave's games most of the top scores tend to be hacked (this one will be like the others soon), that's why I like to add people which I know will be playing fair

13. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #73 syntheticvoid, Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
    I dunno when they started it, but you can report cheating through GameCenter now... all you have to do is tap on their score, and it'll take you to their userpage, where you can hit 'report a problem' and then select 'cheating' and type in what game board they have a fake score on... dunno how many reports they need before taking a score down... but if we all report him, maybe it'll be taken off...

**edit**

Forgot to say, you need to do it from within the GameCenter App... you can't do it through GameCenter while a game is open... like... a game linked to gamecenter won't let you tap on the person...

sorry... =oP

14. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
  15. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Good to know... I'll do right now... Unfortunately he is on so many leaderboards :(

16. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I will do it too just to help, on every game I see him on, as I usually check the leaderboards

17. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    I remember recently reading a thread.. I think it was a Crescent Moon game and someone asked the Devs to remove an obvious hacked score on the GC leader board and the Devs said they could get it done but it wouldn't prevent the cheat from posting the exact same score again!!
    Cheatings been here since man could think:)
    Anyways what would prevent a hacker from changing there user name and use a different computer with a different email address from posting over and over again!!!
    Obviously they have no problem living with the fact they're fake and dishonest!
    But definitely do what Syntheticvoid suggests
    It a great way to get the message out:)

18. Yeah, I agree, it would have been cool if they could have made an update and added these as iap, then I would have bought it in a heartbeat. Oh well.

But its sad to see almost no comments from people that have purchased this game in the past day. Previous cave releases had tons of posts in the first day, this one so few.

Ahhh, hope they make a lite version sometime so people on the fence can try it out.

19. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I'm pretty sure Cave was aiming for a very tiny target audience with this release (even smaller than usual), and they must have calculated that at this price and with IAP they could make a profit on the port hitting only a very small, but diehard, user base.

20. RCranium666

RCranium666 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    It isn't HD. Its universal.