Universal Bug Princess 2 Black Label - (by CAVE CO.,LTD.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    #22 Fimb, Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
    Erm... You talk about the Boss mode, right? Otherwise, you're wrong. BP2:BL will include the enhanced version (with rearranged enemies /patterns etc.) without IAP. You don't need to buy anything above the normal price to play with the BL version -- and no, you did not have access to it in vanilla BP iOS.

2. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    I did, that's why I said game mode. Don't know enough about the enhanced version to comment on that, what annoys me is the IAP, that's all. Is like launch day DLC, same essence, same faults. Hell, I'd consider more buying the game if it were $20 with everything included, than paying $14 and $6 IAP on day 1, it makes a big difference.

3. zeth

zeth Active Member

Feb 8, 2012
    If it's out in NZ does that mean it'll be up at 11pm in the US? edit: yes it does, forgot to read OP

Looks like the just slowed down the game for the easy difficulties. Hopefully that means they've emulated the slowdown in the original difficulty fairly accurately. I'm going for 600mil on original mode, I'm ZethGAF on GC if anyone wants to compare scores.

I'm guessing there will be separate leaderboards for the IAP powerups? I want to get that stuff but I don't want to get screwed out of the real leaderboards so I'll wait and see.

4. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    My point is that the main attraction here is the BL version and we get it for fifteen bucks (which is cheap in my book). The other stuff (boss mode, cheats, whatever) are nothing compared to the main stuff (modified scoring, patterns, enemies, and god mode).

5. zeth

zeth Active Member

Feb 8, 2012
    #26 zeth, Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
    Exactly. It's about the same price as the 360 DLC. Futari Black Label is one of Cave's best game's IMO. I've put countless hours into BP2 iOS and I'll easily get my money's worth with this.

Let's not forget the PCB goes for a few thousand dollars, and that the 360 port was never released in North America. I'd pay much more than they're asking, but I appreciate these games more than others.

6. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Is that what it is? A harder version of BP2? I also have the full cave collection and love every one of them but if thats the case on this one then ill pass, waiting for some impressions!

7. zeth

zeth Active Member

Feb 8, 2012
    #28 zeth, Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
    No that's not what it is. You could make the argument that Black Label is easier depending on whether you're playing for survival or score, and which mode. BL Original mode is Cave's easiest 1CC.

Here's a link to some of the differences between 1.5 and BL by EOJ at cave-stg forums. It's not totally complete, for example the overall counter changes every 3000 instead of 500 and sounds a chime each time in Original mode.

Black Label is a very different game. Different scoring mechanics, strategies, patterns, enemy placement/number of enemies, appearance of certain enemies/stages.

8. Well, I am very disappointed with cave. When I look at the videos that people have posted, it looks almost the same as BP2 only the bullet patterns are denser. Really, With the different difficulty settings in BP2, I don't know if most people would really care to have more bullets or a higher difficulty.

The games before were very pricey, but now they add inapps, so you kind of have to pay almost $15 more than the asking price of $15 to get cool features that I would find useful like the boss modes. $30? Nowadays great programs like death space, modern combat, batman, crazy hedgy are selling for many times for one dollar. Is this one game worth thirty of those?

I've bought all of caves games except for deathsmiles because it was not universal, so I've defended caves reputation for having high prices, cause I knew the games were good. But now what, inapps for almost everything? You would think that since this is a rehash they would have included them for free. I really dont see many people buying this unfortunately.

And this time cave doesnt seem to be doing its usual early adopters sale. I just hope they dont have ads now, if they do, I will laugh. I used to have respect for cave, I bought all their games, but that was before all this inapp madness and rehashing of old games.

Dang, I was wishing for a hd version of death smiles to come out. So instead of that we get this?

Sigh...
    Signed,
    A former cave fanboy

9. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    This game loos like an April fools joke that came too late.
    Some people will like it I'm sure (right that's the political correctness out of the way!)...

Cheesy music = check
    Average gameplay done to death = check
    Bad graphics = check
    Limited gameplay for your money = check
    Others that do it better without trying = check
    Overkill IAP = check

Oh well....
    This game is DEFINATELY not for me any way, it might be for others... But I doubt it will stay on many peoples device for very long.

I can see it going completely free very soon. Not sure I would recommend it to any one even then.

So many great shooters of this kind out there for inspiration but this just doesn't really hit the nail on the head.

10. zeth

zeth Active Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Obviously this isn't the place to talk about this kind of game. Stick with Modern Combat and Crazy Hedgy, folks.

11. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Thisˆ

The game is completely different from Bug Princess 2, and I bet most of the complainers didn't even play it, people are too used to disposable games and become scared when they see a hefty price tag.

The boss rush mode is an iPhone thing that is completely optional and does not interfere with the game enjoyment, and buying power-ups actually ruin the fun, if you are playing a bullet hell, you want to get HELL when you are playing, not a walk in the park.

12. geremy

geremy Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    #33 geremy, Jun 23, 2012
    Man some of you are whiners. If you don't like it don't buy it.

You certainly can't say you need to buy the customizations to experience the 'full game', those are just cheats. They are hella fun to play with though going by the DDP DOJ cheats.

So then this is a $14 dollar game (the same as their other HD releases DDP:R and ESPII) and you have the option to pay another $6 for a totally new mode that CAVE has NEVER DONE BEFORE. They even give you limited access to this mode if you have the other two games in the series (they SHOULD make it three and check for Bug Panic!) so that you don't have to buy it just to see what it's like. Very nice of them actually.

Even if it is the same game as BP2 (which it totally ISN'T), it is HIGHER RESOLUTION AND UNIVERSAL.

I will buy everything, as I have with most cave games (didn't buy all of the IAP with deathsmiles though). I want to support Cave in whatever they do. They just posted pretty huge losses and I hope they make it through this tough time for them.

It would be nice to see some more of their back catalog though...I'd rather they port different games than just the arrange modes and such from DDP/Mushi/Esp.

13. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

And that's exactly what the Bullet Hell Fanatics group was founded upon; friendly competition, bettering yourself as a gamer, and the desire for challenging games that don't hold your hand.

14. You sure about the higher resolution? And BP2 was universal, so that is no change. I kind of doubt they would change the resolution, and looking at the youtube videos, it doesn't seem ipad retina or anything, but who knows.

Well, I'm sure not many people have played it yet, so I am still curious to see how well this sells. Really wished they would have come out with deathsmiles hd, I would have bought that in an instant.

15. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Same resolution as Bug Princess 2

16. Thanks,

I sure hope Cave puts out a lite version of this game since I think a lot of people will hesitate to buy it because of all the unknowns. I would love to try a lite version to see if the bullet hell pattern changes are worth the money.

17. geremy

geremy Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Then why does it say:
    I guess they are talking about the menus, since the BP2 app has the same line in the description. Well fooey.

18. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

#39 ednan, Jun 23, 2012
    I guess it's because unlike some games, it does play natively on iPads.

In my opinion, not only the patterns make the game worth, but the whole score system too. It's much cooler and different from the other version

On a side note, if anyone want, add me on gamecenter since the leaderboards won't be reliable for long (people hack them)
    GC: Ednanf :)

19. drunkhobo15

drunkhobo15 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Waiter
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Instant buy as usual and I will buy both full IAPs instantly. The amount of hours of play I will get from this for the money is too hard to pass on.