Bug Heroes Survival Guide and Strategies [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by K?!, Jan 6, 2011.

1. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    By the way, which hero/weapon/ability is the best to use against those poison-spitting slugs? I hate those guys...

2. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Use the spider with speed all the way upgraded (you can dodge the poison, then get in close and attack while also dodging there melee attacks).

3. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Great! Thanks cuz like I said, those are probably the bugs I hate the most. :D

4. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    You don't have to be great to contribute. I've only broken round 30 once, but iqzombies made it to round 49 using my guide. As long as you have a good sense of what you need to buy and how effective it is, you're good to contribute. Many games are lost due to bad luck.
    When poisoned, all armor disappears, so all bugs take the same amount of damage from the slime and from any other damage. therefore, you want to play as the hero that avoids as much damage as possible when poisoned: Spider.

You can also upgrade Ant's machine gun and just shoot them from afar, but i's much faster to use Spider as said above.

5. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Yeah I've lost lost of games due to plain ol' bad luck.

Sweet thanks for the tips!

6. Gritztastic

Gritztastic Active Member

Jan 28, 2010
    DC
    Updated Turret list, with Magnifier and BBG @ R3, R4, R5

[​IMG]

The Zapper 'reduce movement speed by %' is not right past 100%, but I'm not sure what the correct values are.

Here's a copy of the spreadsheet if anyone wants to run with it (xls file in dropbox public folder): http://bit.ly/hbDw5k

7. broadpfc

broadpfc Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Canada
    Just made it to round 60 on kitchen normal :) Two MGs, one Magnifier, and one sniper, all max in around round 40. Beetle plays a key role and for the first time, my spider levels max (how exciting). It actually becomes not that hard if you can sustain round 30. The way I dealt with many slugs (like 10 of them scattered on the map), is to wait and dodge until daytime and activated "better base guns". The magnifier kills them like crazy. They are all gone in 10 seconds. Amazing.

Now I see how people made to above 100 rounds on easy.

8. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Whoa... that's amazing! Gives me something to shoot for!

9. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Nice, I'll add this to the main post. Thanks for the tip on slugs as well.

This is exactly what the guide needs. Thanks a ton.

10. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Yes at those high rounds the main "problem" should be the lack of food spawning. But thanks to the "exploit" people are using where they keep Giant Spiders alive in order to feast on their babies to get food to spawn, its a little easier to last longer :p

Note that baby spiders will no longer drop food in the next update...

11. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Oh that's what that glitch is! Now I can't blame my last loss on tons of baby spiders swarming my heroes...

12. Gritztastic

Jan 28, 2010
    DC
    #112 Gritztastic, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
    Anyone have any tips for getting past Round 9 on Yard Hard? The combination of Queen Ant and amped Armor Ants/Grub Launcher/Shooters has been owning me hard.

13. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Playroom or Yard? Queen Ants don't spawn in Playroom... unless you accepted the Queen Ant quest ;)

14. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    I've learned from painful experience that you'll need something powerful to quickly kill the queen ant, as the armor ants respawn crazy fast and can fast destroy your health. I would get Smash 'Em and charge the queen ant, then use smash em and down her in one hit. The armor ants will only get 1 hit each on you and you can then run away.

For grub launchers, stand by your base and watch it carefully until the first bug hits. then run in that direction, and stun the grub launcher before it can fire again. You can now slice and dice with Spider.

15. broadpfc

Sep 22, 2010
    Canada
    #115 broadpfc, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
    Yep. In case you cannot get too close to the queen art, just use an assassin bomb for her. Always take her down in 6 seconds as she won't move. :)

16. broadpfc

Sep 22, 2010
    Canada
    OMG, can't believe I made to round 109 on office normal. Basically the same strategy as in the kitchen, finally die out of food. Round 107 or 108 was insane: five centipedes coming from different directions and different time (otherwise assassin bomb would be quite effective). Before that round, all my three heroes were nearly full health and the food stack was 1000/1000.

I have to stop play for a while otherwise my boss will fire me L0L. This is absolutely the best iphone game for me ever. Glad to answer strategy-related questions.

17. Gritztastic

Jan 28, 2010
    DC
    Awesome thanks- Got to Level 16 I think. I ended up focusing on nukes instead of support and had enough firepower to take out the 2 queen ants, ant holed to base as soon as the grub launcher message popped and took him out quick w/ spider after the first shot landed.

Also, found that maxing Spider Speed as early as possible is crucial, since the yard is so big.

18. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    Finally had my breakthrough - no more mid-20s for me.

Level 82 on easy kitchen last night.

Would have lasted longer but the last slug wave combined with opportunistic roaches really did a number on me.

The scorpions really weren't so bad if you use beetle's gauntlet at the right time (it seems to negate even the damage you take when you are poisoned), so I use it right when i'm cornered and about to be stunlocked).

The grub launchers were a nightmare, though.

That "do not do" list is incredibly helpful.

19. Naorioto

Naorioto Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    #119 Naorioto, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
    I just scored the 2nd best score on hard on playroom
    round 20
    Spider is the best
    I'm "dub" btw.
    But i didnt get the awar"reach round 20..."

20. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Congrats to all of you! If you would share your turret combinations, your equipment, and generally what order you bought stuff, it would be much appreciated.