iPad Bug Heroes Quest by Foursaken Media -- casual action/adventure/RPG

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Found one bug in the game which wasn't a hero: i was talking to the second spider assassin on level three, went past him to talk to the master, came back and got knocked behind the spider assassin by an ant, and couldn't move out of that corner. Good thing I could just restart. Something buggy in bugsville!

2. BigRhinoX

BigRhinoX New Member

Feb 12, 2011
    I sent you a PM Grizzly.

I was a huge fan of Bug Heroes, bought all the IAP's except Treasure Trove. I want to earn all my armor pieces. When I heard this was out today, I was going to buy it when I got home...saw 17 cents in my account...I'm buying it tomorrow if Grizzly's done gifting.

3. BigRhinoX

BigRhinoX New Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Hot Dog!

Thanks a whole lot for the gift. It will be much enjoyed.

4. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    Two and a half given away so far (1/2 one was by accident to someone from another country), and waiting for confirmation that the third person is Canadian first. Two more to go. Any Canadian takers?

On another note: anyone find the key for the lock on the first level? It may be something you find on another level and come back for - however, there was another different key and lock on level two, so I probably just missed the first one somewhere.

5. Zeratulz

Zeratulz Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2010
    BOUGHT!!

And I'm off tomorrow WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHAAAAAAAA!!!! :D

6. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    How does someone find out if theyv'e received a gift yet? Do you check the appstore for updates?

Three more gifts still available.

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    It goes straight to their emails. They click a link, and it starts downloading right away. You won't know they've redeemed the gift unless they tell you.

8. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    It's that type of mentality that screws up a great small dev team trying to produce quality offerings. I don't care if your a gamer or not, anyone who plays one of their titles knows that these guys pour love into their offerings. Everyone and anyone who loves iOS gaming should support these guys by BUYING their games. They have to eat, to. It blows me away that anyone would pass up such a solid title by a well loved group of guys who constantly interactive with their user base over .99. That's cheaper than a coke at the store... Hours of entertainment cheaper than a coke.

Your are sad.

9. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Posted this in the Mass thread but I'll repost here:

As for Bug Heroes Quest, I see a lot of people really wanting it, but the first game left bad impressions for me. There was no local leaderboards, games tended to last hours which meant there needed to be constant saves before a game could be completed, and usually I would lose track of what I was focusing when I returned to a save game. In addition, the iAPs really killed it for me who was just learning to try out the game, since there was already a ton of options, and then the iAP just confused me more.

I do see that there will be no iAPs in this game, but then again, Bug Heroes 1 had no iAPs before it went free and then had an iAP update. But anyway, yeah, could someone coax me into getting this game (especially you, backtothis ;) )

10. Oxynidus

Oxynidus Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Now that Bug Heroes has a campaign, anyone that claims Bug Heroes isn't the ultimate Dual-Stick experience must be out of their minds. :p

11. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Sounds like a personal problem. :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more. I'm having a blast so far! No bugs to reports as well...

12. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Bleh, I'm in the mood, so shut up, and just pm me your email xP. Since you didn't want PW, I might as well get you this. Lol.

13. SuRfPiG

SuRfPiG Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2011
    I love the addition of the skill masters. I cant wait to see what skills are out there!

14. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    Didn't think it would be so hard to give this game away. Still three more copies if you are a Canadian (or at least using the Canadian app store).

I love how you can replay the levels to better your score and get a better rating on the objectives, plus find hidden stuff. I did the first level with Beetle, then replayed again with a bit of exploring and found the treasure chest - so sometimes it is worth doing more than just the main objectives.

15. SuRfPiG

SuRfPiG Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2011
    I'm playing it so that I get the treasure chests before anything else. I'm too excited to see what they could have lol

16. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    #76 TiltMyTouch, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
    Oh, dude, it's just .99! I just need to see if my former complaints about the first Bug Heroes was changed in this sequel, which seems to be a RPG that is different from the first :p

EDIT: Just had the time to look through this thread for impressions but there really hasn't been any post with any solid feedback...

17. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    I love the game but I am getting frustrated because I can't get the Damage Objective in any level so far...

18. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    I think that will have to be something you come back for after you up your speed and armour, etc. quite a bit first.

19. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Yeah. :) It's cool that you can go back and still have your upgrades!

20. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    The actual game price notwithstanding, Monkey's point was that he, like many of us, did pay for the original Bug Heroes before it went free, and he is concerned (not entirely unreasonably) that this is going to happen again, so he's prepared to wait and see. It's a bit different if the early adopters get something extra when an app goes permanently free, but that didn't happen here, so it leaves those who paid feeling a bit screwed over (which, yes, can seem a bit weird when the games are so cheap, relatively speaking).

If Monkey ends up getting BHQ for free when he has already paid for the original BH, he will have supported the developers the same amount as somebody who got BH for free and paid for BHQ (IAP aside).

On a slight tangent, just this morning two games on my wishlist and two others in which I was mildly interested went free unexpectedly (for a day/limited time); as long as the app store environment remains like this, it will also remain very easy to decide to hang on a while and not pay anything if you don't have to. I managed to pick up four games worth around NZ$10 in total for the actual amount of $0, simply by deciding not to rush to buy everything, and instead choosing to play the games I already have.

When you're seeing tens of interesting paid games available for free every day (including high profile ones) it's not "sad" to wait a while, it just makes sense from a consumer standpoint. I've picked up around a thousand (non-junk) apps since Christmas last year, those easily being worth $2000 if not more, but I've only had to pay for about a fifth of those and can't have spent much more than $300 in total. I could have spent an extra $1700, but why would I?

Conversely, I picked up Gesundheit when it first came out in order to support the developers, even though I can't actually play the game until I get my 5G at the end of the year (and there's a small chance it'll have gone free for a day before I even get to play it). I have no problem with the actual price of games, or with paying higher amounts for worthwhile games like Carcassonne (NZ$13.99), or the upcoming FFT (NZ$19.99), but I'm also not going to avoid sales if they're available, ignore upcoming holidays, or pass on promo codes for games I want.