Universal Bug Heroes (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Nekcik, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

1) Yes
    2) Singleplayer only.

Gameplay video is up! It may be abit different than other gameplay videos I made...

2. PureSkill

PureSkill Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    We will see...
    Flour Bluff
    #82 PureSkill, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
    any IAP updates will come later in an update.

1. Graphics are optimized for each device. Looks great on iPhone 4
    2. Single Player only - No GameCenter, The game has its own Leaderboards

3. MartijnG

MartijnG Active Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Okay I played this game a few hours and I'm impressed!! I unlocked all the maps and they're great, not too big and not too small, just great ;) I made it a few times up to lvl 17 and it get's really hard, you have to choose carefully what upgrades you make otherwise you will be killed in a low level. The game is perfect in my opinion, the only thing I like to see is something like multiplayer co-op or something like that ;)

4. lucrezio87

lucrezio87 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Italy
    There are, or will be, different type of weapons?! Meele and ranged?

5. Der-Kleine

uhm, you just switch between the heroes.

6. lucrezio87

lucrezio87 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Italy
    Yeah i know.. But it should be' fine also to guy/found items for protection and different weapons..IMHO... An ant with a flamethrower or a rocket launcher.. A spider throwing soriuken (don't know how to write it) and a giant beetle with doublehanded axe :)

7. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Thanks for the video Mark, it convinced me to buy!

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Really do hope that this game gets attention. With the Castle Defense/Tower Defense/RPG elements wrapped in, this is by far the most engaging dual-stick shooter on the market. Max Adventures took the genre to a new level with tasks and a real story mode. But this is a game that I'll keep going back to.

Hope people don't just say 'oh, another dual-stick shooter'. It's so much more...

9. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    This game owns.

That is all.

EDIT: Quoting for truth

10. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

#90 Foursaken_Media, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
    Weapons do change a bit as they are upgraded... for example Beetle gets a giant Wrench once you fully upgrade his weapon, and spider gets four blades instead of 2, as an example.

Also yes, we have lots of updates planned for this game ;) Many are already in the works! We've barely taken any time off and have gotten right back into things :)

The first will be a free update with around 3-4 new abilities and equipments for each hero, including a ranged weapon for both beetle and spider (dual "boomsticks" for beetle and huge dual "assassin" pistols for spider), among other cool new things like a pair of glasses for Ant which will zoom the screen out a bit more, giving him more range. To keep things balanced though, ranged weapons will be expensive to buy for the melee heroes just fyi :p

I also just want to say thanks everyone for all the great feedback so far (and thanks Der-Kleine for the video :))!

11. Der-Kleine

The thing with the weapon upgrades is that they don't make a big enough difference. Sure they do more damage, but that's pretty much it.

A flame thrower or a bazooka for ant would be cool. :)

12. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

The problem with weapon upgrades is you can't change them too much bc you can't backtrack with an upgrade (as opposed to having it a completely different weapon). For ex what if I WANT my MG with Ant, but it upgraded to a flame thrower or something instead? That would be annoying to me especially in a game like this where weapons are not just carbon copies of each other, and they have unique roles.

Like I said though, we are adding additional, equippable weapons in the next update ;)

13. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Made it to number 6 in the leaderboards on my first try :)

Great game, just wish there was an iPad/universal version

14. Der-Kleine

You could have a button somewhere on the screen to switch weapons.

So you start with the MG, but can buy other weapons wich you can switch through by tapping a button somewhere on the screen.

15. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Sweet!!! So how does this play on a 2nd gen?

Also, is it true that $1.99 is the permanent price?

16. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

It should be quite playable on an iPod Touch 2g -- I know K?! and lots of other beta testers had a 2g. Anyone else with impressions on the lower generation devices?

As of right now the price will indeed stay at $1.99 (*subject to change*, just in case of some unforeseen event) -- because of the lower price point however, some major additions in the future may be IAPs, though we will also be offering free content updates as well.

17. Wired360

Wired360 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Medical Student
    Sorry been away for a while. This looks amaziing as a finished copy! Also I agree with DK, it might be possible to use a button to switch weapons and/or switch skill sets. I commented in the beta group also for more info FM.

I would like to add to not be bummed out you don't get very far just try something new for a strategy and you might just make it to number one!

18. ps49556n

ps49556n Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Optimized on each device? So does that mean retina support? Just curious because it is such a small file...

19. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I've been playing on a 2nd Gen and it generally runs smooth. Occasional slowdown during some big battles, but nothing that should prevent you from buying it. It's great!

20. Wired360

Wired360 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Medical Student
    Yes it means retina support, as long as the device supports it. If the device is of an older generation and does not support retina, then the game will launch in standard mode. So it adapts to whatever device you are using. Hope that helps! :D