Universal Bug Heroes (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Nekcik, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Downloaded and it's great. Front page worthy, some 'devs' can learn a thing or two from this.

2. Indiania

Indiania Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    #42 Indiania, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
    Game Impressions

Congrats on the game's release! :) I was lucky enough to be one of the beta testers for this game. It is an extremely polished well-done game that mixes the genres of castle/tower defense with dual stick shooters. There are different levels with all kinds of great little touches, such as the newspaper about zombies taking over New York laying in the yard (for those that don't know N.Y. Zombies is their other game). The replay value of this game is excellent as you try to improve your scores with three different bug heroes to switch back and forth with and the different levels. This game is very easy to recommend! Downloading now! Will definitely be leaving a 5 star review!

3. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    Foursaken Media.

I must say you fellas have out done yourselves. This is amazing!
    At 1.99, this is a freakin steal for all the content in here. It's extremely
    polished and looks fabulous! Absolutely no lagging or slowdowns what so
    ever. I have a 3GS iOS 4.2.

My girlfriend already hates me! ;)

Amazing work you guys, massive kudos! If I knew you folks
    I'd buy you all a round!

Well, cheers! Here's to more content and awesome games!

DahakaJR

4. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Dear FM, is this price final or just introductory? TIA.

5. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Final Price.

Also, Jamie, you deleted all the high scores down to one of my highscores. So I'm the best player on the leaderboards despite you having a high score seven times mine!

6. Drexra

Drexra Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Student
    Colorado
    I was wondering if the upgrades and level ups carried over into your next game and such, does anyone know that? :p

Thanks!

7. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

How does it look on the iPad? I'd be tempted if I could do some FullForce magic on it

8. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    No, that would make it too easy. Stuff you unlocked does carry over, though. You just don't own it.

9. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Full Force? This would look beautiful with RetinaPad. graphics are fully optomized for Retina Display.

10. Paradiso

I haven't tried retinapad yet actually. Fullforce has been good enough for the games I've tried, but I guess I'll go test it out.

11. Paradiso

WOW. It's not the entire screen, but it makes real racing 2 look hd. Thanks for the tip, now I can go spend more money on all those retina iPhone games :)

12. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Just got home from a 12 hour shift and found this. Thanks for being the silver lining on my crappy day. I've been waiting for this for a long time.

Yea!¡!¡!¡

13. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Congratulations to FM, great job with the game, I had a lot of fun beta testing. I wish you a lot of success with this game as you've put in a lot of hard work and it shows in the game. :D

14. Drexra

Drexra Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Student
    Colorado
    I don't get it? How does it carry over if you don't own it? :p

15. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Once you unlock the stuff that needs x amount of XP points, you then have it unlocked for all of your games in every level. It is not purchased though; you have the option of purchasing it.

Also, glad I could help, Paradiso.

16. Drexra

Drexra Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Student
    Colorado
    I got ya now! Like the 'needs 2500 total experience points' thing! Nifty :p

17. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Yeah we tried to strike a balance between long and short term unlocks to keep things interesting. There are also permanent armor unlocks as you gain experience with each hero... little things like gauntlets, leg guards, and spikes.

Once people have played a bit I'd love to know how far you were able to make it in your first couple of tries -- also which hero is your favorite so far?

18. Drexra

Drexra Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Student
    Colorado
    Thats a nifty little idea! I quite like it!

As for me, I tend to make it to round 5 first time through a level, 7-8 second time. Haven't had much time with it yet though

19. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Bought it but too busy with inotia 3 ATM. So how does this compare to Dungeon Defender?

20. Krollx

Krollx Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Just a quick question; is the camera angle fixed or can you swipe to look around?