Universal Bug Heroes (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Nekcik, Jan 6, 2011.

1. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Still amazing

I have never deleted this game. It's a warm security blanket of amazing game play, chaos, challenge...

I still get stuck at the 18 min mark, no matter my hero makeup, on Normal or Hard settings...

Guys like GR3NADE and the like are true legends still for this game.

Man, a remastered version of this.... rerelease.... I dont know, would be cool to see this game and its amazing same/different sequel get the attention they deserve in overall gaming circles.

2. cerbo

cerbo Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2015
    #4422 cerbo, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    I think I paid for it, couldn't figure out how to ever win at all... recalled how much I enjoyed the Bug Heroes world and thought perhaps I'd improved, so re-installed. The game still kept beating me ruthlessly, and all the "available heroes" seemed to become permanently locked, was I supposed to pay again to win or even play further?

So I sadly removed Bug Heroes again. If there is a tutorial video around, could someone please link to it?

(edit: I recall that the IAP didn't offer anything that wasn't expendable, I can't afford to "rent" arcade games and to keep paying to play the same levels. Hope I'm wrong about this!)

3. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    I did change devices in last 3 years and i remember being able to just restore purchases with no problem.

I'm really surprised the game still plays even though other big name games have stopped working on current ios iterations.

4. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    #4424 Duivs, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
    Food is your base's health. Collect it and bring it back to stock up on it. Spare parts are used to buy guns for your base to help you shoot stuff. Money is used to upgrade your hero and buy new abilities. Kill anything that isn't you.
    Easier said than done, but you'll get the hang of it.
    From what I remember you could buy other heroes to use forever. I'm don't know if you're familiar with Foursaken games but they don't cheat players out of their money with dumb consumables or anything.

When I played this I had no strategy, so I just played as one bug the whole game. It generally worked for me, so just try that at first before you try synergy.

By the way, with the 'locked' heroes I think I might know what's up- you use food in your stash to heal your bugs. If you die you will respawn after a bit but take a chunk out of your food supply. It's much cheaper to heal than revive.
    If you don't have enough food you can't revive or heal I don't think, and you're close to losing (when all of your food is eaten by other bugs). Go and collect food asap!

Edit: spare parts are only in bug heroes 2. Everything in bug heroes 1 is purchased with money.

5. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Well I decided to redownload this and straight out of the tutorial I reach round 36. The game lasted over an hour! Back when I used to play Bug Heroes I always died around the early 20s.
    I'm surprised I lasted so long with only 2 gunners and 2 snipers haha

6. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    That's ridiculous. Those guys reaching 60-80 levels... LUDICROUS.

I can't scratch 20.

What's your line-up? What map?

7. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    I was literally playing the first game at the end of the tutorial haha. The only heroes available were Ant, Spider and Beetle (now that I finished the tutorial I can be mantis or crab), and I had to play in the first level, the kitchen. I was playing on Easy, since it was my first try in a long time.
    For the early levels I used a mix of all three heroes since armoured enemies are almost invincible early game without spider, and little fleas will gang up on you unless you switch to beetle occasionally. Ant was my main though. I never bought abilities for anyone else except him. Later on it's very hard to dash in and dash out of combat without getting hit, so I prefer ranged.
    Buy a portable turret for any asap, they're very handy. Then max out your gun. I next bought shoulder turret but swapped it for the turret boosting one later on. Since I was mainly soloing with Ant I bought piercing rounds for him to take down crowds. I forgot what I had in my last slot, but soon before I died I unlocked howitzer which I will use from now on (lol at unlocking everything for ant in one run).
    As I mentioned before I only had 2 gunner turrets and 2 sniper turrets, but there are are much more efficient combos. If you have it I would suggest one shield turret and to protect you from those long ranged cannons that fire at your stash.
    As for Ant's upgrades I suggest getting the explosive rounds to max, then speed, then static thing, then health.

This is just one way to play. Find something that works for you! Good luck :D

8. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    Confirming... still works on iOS 10 ;)

Some multimillion dollar companies can't pull it off for even a slight update and the four brothers pulled off a game standing the test of time :D

OUR BASE IS UNDER ATTACK!!!!!

9. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Bugs are eating our fooood!

10. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #4430 Son of Anarchy, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    64bit support update.

Thank you Foursaken for looking after your games through the ages. They are all classics and an important trailblazing part of iOS history that should never be forgotten.

I definitely wouldn't push it and ask for widescreen support also though (cough).