Universal Bug Heroes (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Nekcik, Jan 6, 2011.

1. K-leb25

K-leb25 Active Member

I wonder where the developers are and what they're doing. They seem to have a thing with being completely silent to the world.

2. paulm12

paulm12 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    school
    ummm Cali
    +1

On another note, hopefully this game will continue to be updated. It's one of my favorites. Im one for co-op, since quest has single player covered. I personally like the whole "survive" aspect of the original better (reminds be of cod zombies) but they're both amazing games.

Multiplayer being a separate game would make sense. That way certain characters would have 'team' abilities (someone here mentioned a medic, which was an awesome idea)

Kinda off topic, but does anyone else see the concept of bug heroes as a great basis for a tower defense game? (the whole "defend your stash" idea and the towers) How cool would it be if there was a map that had a long, windy path to the stash, where the enemy bugs would follow. You could still maneuver around the world freely, but the bugs who wanted your food would follow the specific path. Maybe you could even set up barricades and such to slow them down as you saved up for later towers and even faught the bugs inside the path.

As for bug heroes 1, like I said I'm still hopeing for new content.
    One update that would be nice would be separating the Hero's food inventory and the stash inventory (sometimes I just want more base food storage, and upgrading just that is expensive since you also are technically also upgradeing the Hero's invintory. Many times I feel like I'm holding full food with the heroes, only able to drop off 50 at a time at a price of 200$.

On a side note, another awesome expansion would be a red ant with a flamethrower.

3. K-leb25

K-leb25 Active Member

More than just a medic has been mentioned. Just go on the Bug Heroes Wiki and check out the page Suggestions for Bug Heroes. There are so many hero suggestions I lost track.

4. Livven

Livven Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Germany
    First thing I do in each game is to upgrade food stash to max, so I don't think it's too expensive. Though that may be the reason why I'm not that good in this game... :p

5. K-leb25

K-leb25 Active Member

This forum is way too dead :mad:

6. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    #4346 ninjackid, Feb 15, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
    I agree, Bug Heroes should've been much more popular. :/

7. MissDjax

MissDjax Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I have bug heroes DELUXE since quite a while now, but I began to play it more seriously since recently. I thought I had a good run in the kitchen lvl on normal by reaching wave 50 or something.
    Comparing it to online highscores makes my score appear ridiculous....
    I hope the guys with "infinite gold" aren't showing up on the leaderboard ???
    Else it would make the highscores totally useless since there is no way I play with infinite gold, which is like cheating for me...

8. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

#4348 Foursaken_Media, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
    Nope, Treasure enabled players cannot post scores online. Those actually are legit scores... Some seem ridiculous I know, but I've seen -- and been able to get in some cases -- scores that are in a similar ballpark. I think there are some Youtube videos of people surviving in the 100s of rounds. Oxynidus was infamous for his BH skills back in the day... reaching rounds 80+ on hard, which is a sizeable step harder then normal.

The easy scores are REALLY insane though, I will admiit :eek:... lasting 300 rounds means a game took 10-12 hours, which is more gameplay in ONE game then a lot of iOS games have in their entirety, haha. Its awesome for us to see people get that into this game :D

Also, our leaderboards and relevant game data are heavily encrypted. We had cheating issues early on, but quickly squashed them.

9. MissDjax

Jul 21, 2009
    hmm ok then I just need to find the best way to make high score. My best strategy so far is crab+mosquito+"this turret builder guy" (don't remember the name :D ). I need the retreat hole from crab, the speed of mosquito and ofc the towers.
    You should fix this wizzard btw, he speaks everytime you shoot and since I almost always auto-shoot it's pretty annoying, that's why I never really played with him :)

All in one this is the best dual stick shooter I ever played on iOS and those are quite a few...

10. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    go through some of the previous pages & you'll find a large number of helpful tips,strategies,etc. to help you reach higher levels & increase your score. hope this helps

11. MissDjax

Jul 21, 2009
    Thanks for the tip, but I prefer to figure out myself how I could improve ;)
    Copycat is not my thing :)

12. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    try experimenting with the gold chest thing, what's your turret set up like? is your game over becuse all of your food has been eaten or all of your heroes have died? finally what mode do you play on easy,normal or hard?

13. MissDjax

Jul 21, 2009
    I experimented with the gold chest to try out all the skills (or nearly).
    My typical set up is upgrading food stash since at the beginning I have loads of food (I dont get any dmg since I am playing mostly mosquito the first few waves and sometimes crab to crush mobs or to "unstuck" me if needed). Then I upgrade either a main weapon bazooka or mosquito main "pistols". Then the MG tower of the termite.
    At the "end" I have the full upgraded guns of Crab and mosquito (didnt upgrade the termite weapon, he is build only), I have the crab retreat hole which I skilled pretty early, the elbow smash which I get quite early as well. Then the boom ability which pushes ennemy back.
    On the mosquito I have roulette and banditos and sometimes something else but not sure what is good for my build.
    On the termite I have in this order MG tower, railgun, auotcannon and satellite in this order.
    My food stash is protected by max zapper, max MG turret, max sniper and the 4th one it depends, often I go with a second MG turret.
    My termite turrets are placed at the intersection between far-right room entrance and far right corridor, some quite near to the food stash and some halfway between both. If it gets harder I concentrate more towers near the stash since I can only reach the far-right room with lots of difficulties, so I mostly have to give up on this after wave 30-40.
    I always play "normal" difficulty. Tried a few times "hard" and far some reason I didn't notice a huge difference (or maybe I had just a good run lol).
    Oh it would be pretty interesting for me to know the tower ranges, especially those termite towers with or without satellite, with or without termite near the towers, etc.

14. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    I feel like a ancient Bug Heroes vet, because I've never played with this Crab character. Yes, I had to delete Bug Heroes from my device a while back, due to lack of space on my ol' 2nd gen. :(

One day, this'll be back on my shiny new 5th gen (whenever that is) and I'll be back to slappin' those grubs with Beetle's wrench!

Oh. *ahem* Sorry, I had a moment, continue...

15. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    what!!! you deleted bug heroes dr. frankenstein? i know what you mean about the lack of space i've a 3gen. 64gb with about 3gb left & on a side note i've been getting clobbered in online multiplayer in MC3.like you i'm waiting for the 5th gen. to come out.

16. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    the sniper turret is less effective against faster enemies & it becomes less effective as you reach high levels. try using the scout turret it INCREASES the range OF ALL turrets.

17. MissDjax

Jul 21, 2009
    all turrets ? including the termite turrets ? if so it would be awesome.

18. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Yep, I deleted it... :( but once the 5th gen is released, I'll definitely reinstall it!! :D

19. K-leb25

K-leb25 Active Member

Does anyone here edit on the Bug Heroes Wiki? Right now its been quite dead and as admin, I'm kinda disappointed.

20. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    #4360 November's Chopin, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
    Some questions:
    - How do I change into other heroes in the same level (since it only allows me to bring 3)? Or do I have to erase progress in this level to choose another 3?
    - Is each stage endless? I'm on wave 10 of the kitchen stage right now and there doesn't seem to be any sign of "progress" since it's still endless shooting
    - What is "enable treasure"? What's "treasure"?
    - I've never really completed any of the "collect coins" or "collect 1 guarded coin" quests because I can't find where they are? Where do I get these?
    - What's the main difference between this game and "Bug Heroes Quest"?