Universal Bug Heroes (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Nekcik, Jan 6, 2011.

1. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I'm still here! (kinda...)

Btw, whatever happened to Oxynidius? He used to be like the BH pro?

And WCFields is still here. He was here back in the "ol' days" :p

2. Appleisaac

Appleisaac Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Janitor/Student
    Up in Here
    NINJA!!!! Yeah what did happen to oxy? He made like guides and stuff :). I was always the nooby tag along guy :D

3. Livven

Livven Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Germany
    Hah, Oxynidus is now the Mad Chef pro... I'm convinced he's some secret incarnation of one of the Foursaken brothers :D

Anyway, Foursaken, do you have PayPal? I personally would definitely donate some money for new content, especially seeing that you make very high-quality games, but which don't have that much mainstream success. I'd think lots of other forum members would feel the same way (though I'm not sure, still pretty new to tA).

4. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Lol really?? Wow I need to get more active in the Mad Chef thread... Mad Chef's another awesome FM game.

5. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Haha yeah oxy had the 1st position in almost all the Hard maps on the Leaderboards, I don't know how he did it, but there you have it haha!

6. K-leb25

K-leb25 Active Member

Well at least you now know that the wiki has fantastic members with greta imaginations. I can't keep up with it and I'm the only active admin. In fact, I wonder what happened to K?!, Godson and Ayjona? Anyway, you, FM, are still one of my favourite developers and I look up to you. When I get to create the games I've been dreaming (the Small Wars trilogy), I'll make sure I'll check out the fans of my awesomeness anytime!
    Thanks for replying.

7. Oxynidus

Oxynidus Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    I'm still aroundish. I retired from Bug Heroes ages ago, and briefly came back to test the revised Ladybug and Hopper (with whom I got to round 113 or 130 in Tree Stump :D). Name no longer tops the leaderboards though.

Crab is actually pretty good.

And it's a real shame the game never got blockbuster status. It's crazy. My guess: It could've been betterly marketed. I recognized it as a potentially great game from its screenshots, but it was kinda hard to convince people that the game was good without having them to actually try it. The concept of bugs that are heroes doesn't have the obvious appeal that zombies have.

8. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Yeah, really sucks. This game should've gotten a lot more attention. But sadly, most App Store users tend to stick with fast pick-up-and-play games like Angry Birds or Jetpack Joyride... Heck, I told my cousin to download this, and she never finished one round, because she "didn't get it."

*shaking my head*

9. K-leb25

K-leb25 Active Member

Good to see that you're still on. Do you mind giving us noobies a good stragety for Crab? A little info on how to use him correctly...or even a lot a info if you feel like it. I haven't played with him that much and would like to see a good way to start off. Thanks in advance. :)

10. K-leb25

K-leb25 Active Member

Foursaken Media,
    can I just recommend you a hero for the next possible update?

I'm probably just being impatient and demanding, but I know which heroes, that the fans have made-up, are great candidates! Here are my two top heroes made by the fans:

Honeybee Medic and Green Ant Native. Each have their own page on the Bug Heroes Forum.

Honeybee is a healer and passively heals the heroes. She is horrible at surviving though and only has Speed on her side. Her weapon is a Leech Launcher. Leveling up can allow her to increase healing to inactive heroes, increase speed, increase her abilities' effectiveness or counter against attacking bugs. Some abilities include Tri-Heal, Honey Spray and Honeybee Workers.
    Her alt is Aphid, the Apothecary. She likes to survive and heal and instead of just heal. Aphid's skills include increasing fire-rate and firing explosive leeches.

Green Ant Native is very primitive, but quite useful. His biggest strength is his wide variety of equip-able weapons, including a Bow and Arrow, Spiked Club, Poison Tube and a Dagger. His main weapon is a Spear which cuts armor well and can fire quickly. However it has low range and no AOE. He also rides a Beetle. Yet below half health, he loses the beetle, meaning he loses the armor of the beetle and speed. Some of his abilities include Beetle Rush, Cultural Power and Spear Aerial. NOTE: Green Ant doesn't begin with the same mask that the other natives wear. He instead has a bare face, like the dart blower natives.
    No one has thought of an alt for Green Ant, so that is up to YOU!

So these two bugs personally :rolleyes: would benefit greatly to the team of Bug Heroes! And if you do implement one of these two, then all I wonder is "how much will FM change this hero from what the fans wanted it to be."
    Thanks for reading this reasonably long post. Feedback from you, FM, would be appreciated, especially for a kind of post like this. :D

11. K-leb25

K-leb25 Active Member

Hmm, this forum has started to go dead again. Geez I feel that people just don't like BH as much as earlier this year. :(

Anyway, I have another question to ask to you, FM.
    I've been looking at almost everything and I can't seem to find a good dev description for Mantis. On the BH Wiki, every hero needs to have a dev description unless its obvious that they don't have one. And I really don't want Mantis to miss out on the dev description, so...this is gonna be a strange question but...

Can you write up your personal description of Mantis so I can write a good dev description on the wiki? Please?

12. K-leb25

K-leb25 Active Member

Where's the replies? I don't get it...maybe my internet is acting up but on my PC all I see is three comments in a row which are all mine...which were posted a week ago.

13. Livven

Livven Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Germany
    I don't know, I'm pretty much a newbie here. I really like the game, but just don't have enough time to play (since one session can easily get over an hour) and thus not enough to say. Actually seems all games threads here become inactive after a few months, Bug Heroes has fared comparably well in this regard, I think.

14. EpicAtheist

EpicAtheist Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    I know it's a bit late but I just want to say Happy Holidays to FM and all the BH players out there! n_n

15. DarkPDA

DarkPDA Active Member

Jul 16, 2011
    happy holidays to all=)

16. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    best wishes guys and thousand of these days :)confused:)

17. K-leb25

K-leb25 Active Member

I know that this thread has been quite active for a while, but this inactivity had started at the worst time. I just wanted a survival guide from Oxynidus and a couple questions answered from Foursaken Media.

18. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    Are the IAPs in this game 99cents per pack?
    Or is there a way to unlock everything through tedious farming?

Thanks.

19. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Yep, you have to buy the IAPs to get the extra heroes/maps/turrets.

20. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Trust me, there's nothing tedious about this game.