Bug Heroes 2 [Foursaken Media] - coming Feb 20!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

I'm not sure - its automated... but pretty early in the morning EST time tomorrow. You'll see the BH2 New Zealand thread up in the new games forum section as soon as its available ;)

We've thought about it, for sure - unfortunately while Steam is an awesome platform we'd love to get in on, we still have to go through the Greenlight process, so there's no guarantee on anything in that regard, unfortunately :/ As far as consoles, I just don't think we're a big enough team to dive into that quite yet.

2. angelflames1337

Feb 24, 2010
  3. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    #1483 Mr. Grizzly, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    Will this be available at the normal time for new games? Hopefully, then I will have just enough time to download it before I leave for my graveyard shift tomorrow night.

4. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    #1484 GR3NADE, Feb 19, 2014
    Hey guys.

I created a board in the glassboard app for Bug Heroes 2. How to get there and what is it?

Short version for those who already use gb: invitation code is llouw (LLOUW)

Glassboard is an app which creates something between forum and chat. You can write comments to anything you see and even "like" a comment. You can upload pictures to your posts as well - it's really fast and simple. You can turn on notifications so you don't have to check the app when there's nothing new. In fact it's Toucharcade with comments and push notifications (and better picture uploading system :D )

So how to get there:
    1. Download rhe glassboard app from the appstore (note it's iPhone only, but I'm using it on the iPad) https://itunes.apple.com/cz/app/glassboard-private-chat-for/id453661198?mt=8

2. Create an account. When filling in your name, use your nickname so everyone knows who you are. For example I'm TDa so my first name is T and last name is Da on the glassboard

3. In the top left corner there should be an arrow facing left, tap it. It'll open a menu and there will be "enter invitation code". The code is llouw (LLOUW if you wonder)

5. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    One feature that is always important to me is the ability to restore my save game progress so if I delete the app and decide to reinstall it later or onto a new phone when I get one and I can carry on where I left off. Is this feature built into this game?

6. GR3NADE

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    #1486 GR3NADE, Feb 19, 2014
    Imba: yes, there is iCloud support

You'll need
    stars to do this

Attached Files:

7. Liche414

Liche414 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2014
    Whaaaa???????

8. Liche414

Jan 19, 2014
    There's only one bad thing in the game. I can't get more stars because I have to have Waterbug and Black Widow when I don't have them :mad:
    Why are there missions like that? I know Waterbug has armor piercing but the other missions say for me to have 15 stars :mad:

9. Liche414

Jan 19, 2014
    I don't like missions where you have to have specific heroes

10. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    It's ok Foursaken fixed that bug for the final release

11. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #1491 Ayjona, Feb 19, 2014
    Just in time to do some last-minute enticing, here is the second episode of my Deeply analytical, highly empirical and possibly grossly subjective hero analysis:

Of all the little buggers, Fly is probably the littlelest, and the most buggerish. A high damage, medium mobility (great movement speed, no mobility-related abilities), low self-preservation ranged fighter, Fly can either seem underwhelming or overbearing, depending on circumstances.

This is perhaps best embodied in his bandit allies. Even with equipment that increase their tenacity, they drop like.. yeah, flies. But if they somehow survive that unpleasant and fitting metaphor, they can grow to extreme numbers, with absurd damage potential. I have yet to summon enough allies to reach any kind of cap, but I've been lawnmoving about the map with 15 trigger-happy scoundrels by my side, and even centipedes and large snails only lasts seconds before that kind of firepower. I imagine that in any PvP match, they will be the first targets, and will go down quickly before AoEs. If that means that one of Fly's primarily weapons is rendered useless, or is just the thing to keep attention away from Fly long enough for him to bring his other tricks to bear, I cannot say.

With three of his four active abilities primarily used to deal damage (one, the straight line, armor-piercing quick draw, perhaps one of the best pure attacks in the game), and two of them (the bandit allies and the sky bombardment) in a not entirely reliable way, Fly is a powerful offensive weapon, but one that is kinda hard to aim. And that costs money even to look at. He remains contentious, and partly random, and I'm sure that's just how he likes it.

Ant is reliable, protective and suitably heroioc, and much like you'd expect him... but in partially unexpected ways. A ranged fighter and prime base defender, he is given additional purpose and flair through one mobility skill, elements of hero support, and good crowd control. While not normally heavy on the DPS side, with his passive damage increase of marked enemies, buff to both his own attacks and turrets, and a quite large armor debuff, he can come out bursting and probably do more hurt than most heroes in the game when close to home.

But he can also stun quite well, teleport about the map, send enemies flying and construct armor for his pals. His primary purpose is quite obvious, but his secondary multi-purpose abilities makes his surprisingly dynamic, and a good backup even for frontline battles. Balanced, is a word I'd use over all other, and isn't that precisely the kind of hero the world of Bug Heroes need (if not always the one we want)?

And then there is Roach. Tincanned, awkwardly cute Roach, with a haphazard array of abilities and equipment with food as the only recurring denominator. Slow, bulky, inflexible Roach, with a short attack range, and a purchaseable backpack to carry more stuff but without the mobility to ever be a proper resource gatherer. Tank-like, absurdly armored Roach with an innate armor piercing second to no other hero...

No, Roach does not have a wide application, and no, Roach cannot handle most circumstances well, and no, Roach's equipment and abilities do not synergize particularly well, if at all.

But what he can do is stand still, survive almost anything thrown at him (in particular when paired with Moth, who'll heal him faster than many enemies can pierce his armor), and inflict more damage on armored enemies than possibly anything else in the game. This essentially makes him a turret, something to be left by the base, a practical hero for single player for those who like to focus on strictly another bug as their active hero. Also, this application makes him drab, flat and entirely unappealing.

But you already knew that, from looking at his stats, or you will in a few hours. But that's not what makes Roach interesting. It is precisely his lack of synergy, and abilities which seems to do a little of that and a little of this, still without imbuing Roach with any true flexibility or multi-purpose appication, that makes this little guy more than meets the eye (which is a tin can, really). I'm not certain it makes him good, perhaps not even always mediocre, but it does makes him surprising and weirdly powerful under very limited circumstances. And sometimes, it compensates for his huge flaws. Sometimes, it accentuates them.

Suddenly, Roach sets off across the battlefield with a 30 second burst of speed, the last thing you'd expect from a nearly immobile defender, and ends that burst with a nasty attack, that also happens to do nasty crits thanks to one of the best crit-boosting pieces of equipment in the game. Or, he steps up before your wildly swinging Beetle stick and counter attacks you for huge damage. Or, he saps all surrounding enemies for 50% of their health. Or, he buffs his own damage for half a minute, nasty for a character that can be hard to bring down. And he does all this while both finding and consuming food, buffing his allies armor all the while.

I can't decide whether to keep him by the base, at the front lines, harassing enemy heroes, defending strategic locations or weirdly waddling about the battlefield, mixing high-speed resource collection with clumsy tanking and inability to get back to safety.

And THAT's what makes him interesting. Though only occasionally useful ;)

-----------------------------

In our next installment, I celebrate the BH2 launch by tackling two highly specialized heroes, the supposedly noble and self-sacrifical Aphid, who only seems to to benefit the more he pretends to give up for others, and Worm, one of the most vulnerable but simultaneously durable heroes, who'll set the whole battlefield ablaze and leave little left standing if he survives long enough...

12. Liche414

Jan 19, 2014
  13. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Haven't been paying attention to this thread because I want everything to be a surprise but came on today and watched a few videos and all I can say is WOW. About 16 hours out from this launching in the US and I can barely stand the wait. I need it NOW.

14. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
  15. GR3NADE

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    Ayjona: ally limit will be in some other version. Your number of allies is nothing compared to number ofallies I had - I made the game crash becouse of that (and that's how I know there will be a limit, confirmed by FM)

16. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Don't forget that Hunger Strike and the damage boost ability use food

17. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Field Ranger mouse...

So cool. I spent my usual real dollars on the game to support Foursaken :)vand he was the one legendary I was most excited about, him and robot....

I don't want to take too much time, but... He's pretty fun to play. I do miss having a partner to send out, defend, etc, but he is pretty devastating...

I multiplayer, can you team up a legendary with a regular in coop?

18. GR3NADE

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    #1498 GR3NADE, Feb 19, 2014
    Yes, you can even have 2 legendaries but prepare for bigger penalties (which only FM know atm)

19. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Ye, figured as much. Remains to be seen just how useful the allies will be. Right now, a rather large number is needed to truly make a difference, and to make Fly viable when he is not shooting off Quick Draw.

20. Liche414

Jan 19, 2014
    Should I get cicada or Pilbug?
    Slug or Stinkbug