Bug Heroes 2 [Foursaken Media] - coming Feb 20!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

We don't really let monetization drive the development of our games, so I don't have a definitive answer on how that will work quite yet. Right now we're thinking it'll be similar to Heroes and Castles, where you start with some heroes, and can unlock others by playing - or you can fast track your way to unlocking them via IAP. It also depends if we end up releasing free or not, have a deluxe version, etc.

2. Rejera

Rejera Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Awesome, that was one of my favorite features of heroes and castles as it is a great way to incentivize playing and allows those who just want to get a specific hero right away to just get it.
    If I could add my opinion, I would rather have some sort of premium (or deluxe) option in addition to a free version or just a premium version rather than just a free version. It's mostly personal preferance though. (I bought the premium version of heroes and castles, for example).

3. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Slightly off topic. Is bug heroes deluxe a universal app?

4. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Good to read that, regardless when this comes out I'll purchase every IAP available.

5. Oxynidus

Oxynidus Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Yup.

6. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    The same model as used in H&C would be great :)

7. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

#47 Foursaken_Media, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
    [​IMG]

Next hero is the familiar Ant, from the original Bug Heroes. Ant is a support/defensive hero with some powerful abilities. His passive allows him to mark targets, which take extra damage from turrets. Enhanced Turrets will turn any defense into an incredible barrage of weapons, as well as repair damaged turrets. Returning from BH1 is his Teleport ability, allowing him to either escape from tough situations, or disrupt dug in enemy forces - additionally enemies have a chance to be shocked from teleport. Crafstman is an excellent support ability that gives all heroes on the battlefield heavy armor. Finally, his Shield Generator projects a mobile shield barrier, destroying any ranged weapons that hit it - the perfect choice for breaking through a staunchly set-up ranged enemy.

8. Zifircin

Zifircin Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Student
    Istanbul
    Awesome!! I just wanted to ask though, is there a reason why we have 2 heroes to battle with instead of 3? Because it was already really hard to choose from 12 heroes in the original game.

9. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

#49 Foursaken_Media, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    Huh? Not sure I get your concern - if it was really hard to choose 3 heroes, choosing 2 should be easier :p

But really, having 3 heroes worked in BH 1 because you always only controlled 1 hero at a time. In Bug Heroes 2 you actually have basic control over your 2nd hero WHILE playing as your other hero. It would be way too much to worry about to have 3 heroes out at the same time.

10. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    #50 ninjackid, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
    Yeah ANT!!! Ant was my favorite hero!

11. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    lol I knew it. He seems kinda strange without the Minigun though.

12. Oxynidus

Oxynidus Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    #52 Oxynidus, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    In terms of possible combinations, choosing 3 heroes would be harder, but from a different perspective, there's a higher number of heroes you have to leave out when you have to choose fewer. It's like, you have 12 awesome options (or 25 in case of BH2), but you only get to choose 2, so choose wisely. :p

13. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    He didn't get The minigun until you you upgraded his rifle twice though (Rifle is shown here)

14. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Foursaken you guys are the best!
    I can't believe your actually producing a sequel to BH1, after being constantly bombarded with requests :)
    Don't stress yourselves too much, what with BH2, BFWAR, and MA!

15. Zifircin

Zifircin Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Student
    Istanbul
    Yeah, that's what I meant. I always wanted to choose like 5 heroes in the original game, now it's only 2. But since both of them are in the action at the same time it's okay. Can't wait!

16. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    Just show us legendary hero already ;)

17. Zifircin

Zifircin Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Student
    Istanbul
    Also, when will we get to see actual gameplay? :)

18. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Never Played the Original.

Maybe this sequel is worth a try

19. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Hey the original is free so you should check it out. I've loved it for a long time

20. Eidaven

Eidaven Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    You guys are awesome!