Bug Heroes 2 [Foursaken Media] - coming Feb 20!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oxynidus

Oxynidus Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
  2. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Hope to see bH heroes back and once again another instant buy game from our fav dev!

3. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    FM, any idea on a ballpark range of when the game might come out? By Christmas, spring, next summer?

4. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    Oh my gosh.... I can't believe I missed this!!!! I'm in Rome and just got to wifi for te first time this week! This could be the best game ever. I can't wait

5. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

The game is already pretty far into development ;) Shooting for an early January release.

6. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

First hero profile...

[​IMG]

Cicada can wreak havoc with his passive stealth ability, allowing him to move into perfect striking distance before unleashing a quick burst of high damage. He is particular adept at guerilla tactics, slowing enemies down with Burrow Traps or planting c-4 on enemy buildings, turrets, or in the path of incoming enemies. Commando Strike is also a powerful ability, piercing through heavy armor and instantly stealthing Cicada after use. Finally, Grenades are a near perfect crowd control ability, throwing 3 grenades in a wide area, dealing AoE damage and high knockback.

7. krillin63

krillin63 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2013
    !!!!

so beautiful!!

8. anteye5

anteye5 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    There are no words to describe your awesomeness.

9. Rafy211

Rafy211 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Unicorn Land
    I can't wait to see how the AI is. Imagine smashing bugs as Beetle while Ant covers your back from stupid fleas. Cicada looks really cool and I get more excited every time you release more info. And I'm so excited that it'll be out in Jan (hopefully)

Good Luck with this project

10. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    This was literally my facial expression when I heard about this. Man. I'm SO excited. Excited is a pale word compared to my anticipation towards this game!

Man, FM, I wanna just say thanks for doing what you do. Your games have what so many other developers lose focus of: actual fun. There's no pushing to pay more money, no timers, you don't try to clone another game to ride off of it's success, just pure, original fun. I mean it when I say, you guys are the best!

11. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Where have you been Dr.frankenstein?

12. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    Bug heroes are legendary for me, it was the firs iPhone game that got me hooked, ever. This game (BH1) told me about Foursaken

13. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    I've been waiting for this! :D

Seriously, I've noticed there are no other iOS games that keep my attention anymore except for games by FM. Might sound like I'm trying to be a fanboy, but it's the truth!

14. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Got first one, can't miss this one

15. Oxynidus

Dec 11, 2010
    By the way, I hope there aren't so many pauses in the game. One of the few things I disliked about the first game are the endless pop-ups that pop-up everytime you complete a quest, do an achievement, level-up...etc. It really disrupted the flow of the game, and sometimes gets you killed when it happens at the wrong time.

16. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Man, I thought you were the king of Bug Heroes! And you're saying you would have done even better!?! ;)

Just bugging you, friend. I'm probably as hyped about this sequel (triquel?) as you are!

17. Oxynidus

Dec 11, 2010
    :) It's not that significant. It might have saved me a few times as well. When everything's going crazy, and a pop-up pops up, it gives you a few seconds to regain your clarity before resuming. I just think it's better for the game to have a smooth flow.

I hope they manage to maintain the depth of the first game. I spent long hours just thinking about what combination of heroes and defenses to try out next, and there are still plenty that I haven't experimented with.

18. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Yeah, I agree, those pop-ups were cumbersome at times. Especially when there was an enemy bug poised to strike your hero just as the pop-up popped up. Then when you dismissed the pop-up, suddenly your hero is hit.

And I also agree about depth. Bug Heroes had/has seemingly endless possibilities. I hope this sequel maintains that quality.

19. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Don't worry, there won't be :p The nature of BH2 is smoother now, with objective based rounds (its almost like we've combined the quests into the actual game itself, to a lesser degree).

As for depth, the nature of the depth has changed in some ways, but it'll definitely still be there, probably even to a greater degree, overall. For one, we'll have over twice the heroes to explore and try out. While each hero isn't as "generalist" as in the the first (you could essentially counter almost any threat with any hero with the right abilities in BH1, though of course some better than others), the combination of 2 heroes out at once in BH2 is all that much more important. You will really need to think about how to use the 2 heroes together to thrive. Plus with all new gameplay elements like "sieging" enemy bases, or capturing and holding strategic locations, it will matter even more.

Finally there is more of a tactical element in BH2 as well, with cover, and managing and positioning your 2 heroes for optimal use.

20. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Will all 25 heroes be available at the start of the game or are some IAP ?