Universal Bug Heroes 2 - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 19, 2014.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Does anyone know how long single player missions are? I can't scroll the mission list since it only shows you 3 at a time so just wondering how long this game would be. I'm not a multiplayer person so I wouldn't even touch that part.

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I'm pretty sure missions are infinite. Plus there's endless and skirmish modes

3. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Been following this since the thread was created! So physced to finally be able to play it tonight. Looks like a great game!

I know you guys put a lot of care & love into your games. Can't wait for 11pm to hit! Gonna enjoy this title lots :)

4. WillCN

WillCN Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Jcho, wanna play some multiplayer with me?

5. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    I would but I'm out of the house at the moment and all I have is 4G. When I get home though ;)

6. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    #86 RichRuzz, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    Anyone for teaming up on release tonight?
    (RichRuzz) on GC. I'll be on at EST release.

7. fearlesskk

fearlesskk Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Crashes during tuto on ipod5g 32gb...

8. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

It hasn't crashed for me yet... I find it kind of funny how we've gone from games runnign kind of ok but crashing constantly on the iPod Touch 4 to games running not so great, but being fairly stable lately.

9. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    ipod touch 5g? or ipod 5?

---

Just curious. Anyone try Army Ant? How's he? Looks pretty awesome with his "steed". I was gonna buy a hero to give some support but contemplating on which heroes. I definitely was aiming for the Widow but that Army Ant seems pretty awesome. Any opinions welcome :)

10. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    Yeah, it's infinite. At
    stars you'll be maxed out and at
    stars there's another free hero unlock

11. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    They're the same thing.

And someone with a prerelease copy got army ant, can't remember who though

12. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Hey Foursaken, how long would it take to download a legendary hero on 4G LTE? Or is it more of an unlock key?

13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh whoops. I got confused because the original ipod does go to 5th generation but that one can't play the new apps. But I always remember the old systems so I'm confused whenever someone doesn't say Touch

14. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Army Ant has four abilities (sorry, not all official names :)
    #1. A Heroic Smash. He swings his mallet on the ground and it shoots out a shock across the ground, hitting enemies in a straight line, has a huge range. Also, all of the units/creeps/heroes around you get a damage bonus.

#2. Summon allies. He summons a guy riding what looks like a Dung Beetle :) that charges at enemies. The ally is pretty slow, but good against the bugs that eat your food who line up when massed.

#3. Inspiration Banner. When he plants this in the ground, all surrounding units get a buff.

#4. Lead the Charge. Gains speed and takes 50% less damage. Each time he hits someone, they gain 10hp and some heavy armor for a short duragtion.

He is definitely someone that works great on maps with creeps coming from your stash. I try to time it right, where I charge ahead with a creep squad and activiate Lead the Charge, Inspiration Banner and Summon the Allies if I do not already have one or two. It really is great attacking and engaging the armies. You can then switch up to your secondary and sneak around to their backside or engage in other missions, depending on who you pair with.

Speed is not that fast, in comparison to Bumblebee at least. BUt, with the buffs, he truly is a commander and either a great assault unit or like I said, engaging the bulk of enemy forces while you utilize your partner's hero for other purposes.

15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    ^ Thanks for the character review man! I'm sold.

He sounds like a good "leader" character so I definitely contemplated getting him. I guess he'd work well as a main but also as a support. I was hoping I could use him to dish out damage and he doesn't sound too bad at all at that. He sounds almost like a tank with lots of support abilities in your description :)

16. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    I don´t think it´s tied to your itunes account as i only have 1 iCloud account, but 4 itunes accounts. Gonna try tonite

17. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Exactly

18. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    Dude, LTE is faster than my wifi and it's always instaunlock :D

19. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    #99 ScotDamn, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    You guys must have some fast home internet service. My LTE is waay fast, probably 3 times as fast as my home network.

I knew about this game. I haven't had even a small curious nerve to follow or check it out. BUT I'm a big supporter of FM plus I didn't realize it was a MOBA so I'll have to give it a go. I just never cared for the theme.

Thanks for the super in depth impressions/overview, Ayjona!

20. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    If it uses specifically iCloud itself, it is tied to your iTunes account.
    But if it uses the cloud system that's integrated to gamecenter, it's tied to your gamecenter account rather than your iTunes account.
    I know that probably means the same user name and password for your main account and gamecenter account but the the gamecenter setup allows you log in on multiple devices with varying iTunes accounts.
    If you know what I mean. There are certain limitations but that's more or less how you can transfer and its through gamecenter saves rather than iCloud saves.

Easiest way to check which it uses is on device and to go into your iCloud settings on device and manage storage. If it's listed in there, it's using iCloud specifically. If its not but it still saves over cloud, its in your gamecenter cloud save.
    If its in gamecenter cloud save, always open the game first through the gamecenter app just to ensure there is a smooth transfer..
    I'll grant it can be a bit buggy at times. It that's more down to gamecenter cloud being a little bit slower because of the high number of users and amount of data that goes though there every hour.
    (Disclaimer. Probably not explained as clearly as it could be)

On to the game. Despite all the great information Gr3nade, Ayjona et al shared with us in the upcoming, it's even better than I envisioned. Thanks guys for sharing all that info and thanks Foursaken for an excellent game that is amazingly well balanced for F2P. Gonna have to buy something just to show this type of balance and generosity can work.
    An easy must have game that's a whole lot of fun.