Universal Bug Heroes 2 - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 19, 2014.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Poo, that's what I was afraid of :/ I figured there must have been a reason like that. Thanks for clearing that up

2. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    Siap...

Is the multiplayer pvp handled through Gamecenter or is there an in-game friends list?

Thanks....

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Gamecenter

4. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    So, what is the deal with this one? No more hero packs to pay for, only just the diamonds to keep the game going? Paywall? Timers? Just need to hear about it. Well, it is out in HK now.

5. Scorpion008

Scorpion008 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Can anyone review a legendary hero and why they are better than the regulars? How much can you see about all the heroes when you start playing? I haven't got the game yet you see.

6. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Legendary Heroes are basically twice as powerful as a regular hero (and typically much bigger :p), because you can only take one of them into battle (as opposed to 2 regular heroes). Competitively its balanced (which was key for us - there is NO pay to win), but individually they're much more powerful.

You can see stats and abilities of heroes you don't own yet, so you can directly compare everything before you decide to unlock a new hero.

7. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Haven't played the first one, haven't played the second one, but if there is a Mantis for sale I'm having one! This came out of left field for me, am looking forward to getting it tonight.

8. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Yes, I investigated and there is only diamonds that are used to buy new heros (you can unlock them as you progress) or to buy scrolls, which enhance and change the abilites of the heroes, also will get them as you play. No revives, timers, no pay to win.... Just an amazing game.

Will iFunBox it at 12 and give something back to Forsaken, I just need to know which lengendary hero. Any help?

9. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #69 Ayjona, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    No paywalls, no timers. You unlock heroes through diamonds that you earn through gameplay (at a very generous rate. Unlocking a new hero every day is perfectly viable for dedicated players), but also through the upgrade stars that you gain from missions (these latter are not spent. Instead, you unlock a random hero upon reaching 7, 30, 100 and 250 stars).

Diamonds can also buy scrolls, which modify hero abilities in a balanced fashion (increased damage at the cost of speed or health, etc), and slightly change the focus of the affected hero. These are in no way necessary, just adds to the fun and customization, and can safely be ignored until you've unlocked a nice selection of heroes.

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Debating whether to download this off the NZ store or just wait for the US release. I'm out of town so wouldn't be able to use a PC to transfer a save if I redownload off the US store.

11. Scorpion008

Scorpion008 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    I use ifunbox too. By "ifunbox it" do you mean download the version from the NZ store, play a bit, then get the local (US/CAN) version at release, and transfer progress via savefiles from ifunbox? Does this work with all types of saves?

12. Squablo

Squablo Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2010
    @FoursakenMedia - you guys are my favorite developer IN A VERY LONG TIME!! I've given you guys mad props many times before. My only question is this.........controller support? You guys make some of the best games I've played in years, but playing them with a controller would be sublime! ESPECIALLY Heros & Castles. I know you guys are a very small team, but hear me out on this........

I would be willing to pay for controller support, as I'm sure many others in here feel the same, so here's my idea:

1:) sell controller support as an IAP? (Don't know if Apple would even allow this)
    2:) re-release these games with controller support as "elite" versions with a slightly higher price tag

Guys, seriously, I will give you money. Name your price! Your games, and your company, are one of the reasons I'll never get rid of my iPad!

13. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    #73 currymutton, Feb 19, 2014
    Finish the first mission (tutorial) love the new views, graphics, effects, over original BH1. Good job, FSM, you have renewed my hobby... :D

Thanks everyone for the answers, time to get some sleep

Oh, yes, I can use iCade and MFi support here!

14. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Can´t we just transfer saves via iCloud???
    I got the NZ version already and plan to use iCloud after i download it from the german store after midnight.

15. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Yes it does, all games works so far. I use it to make backups of the games I finish but are too big to keep installed, so I delete them safely. Also for this kind of NZ thing. Send me a PM for more detailed info if you want. Can guide you step by step if you want.

16. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    That is risky as iCloud is not 100% bug free. I tried and didnt work. I even turned iCloud off... better battery life, same with Siri.

17. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Hey is the iPod 4 supported and will work?

18. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    ok. but does it ever crash?

19. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I also thought iCloud was tied to your iTunes account (which obviously wouldn't be the same on the NZ store).

20. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    #80 GR3NADE, Feb 19, 2014
    Re: controllers: how could you use them? If you have played this yet you would know that touchscreen is the best option

Re: paywalls, timers: there are no timers and no paywall. I had the pre-release acces (the top guy from leaderboards, nice to meet you :D ) and I have 13 heroes unlocked, a lvl3 scroll and atm I have 170 diamonds which is enough to buy another hero