Universal Bug Heroes 2 - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #2881 Intendro, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    Unless an update fixed some instances of that...
    I know that happens when he dies in any situation where he doesn't revive. (You in a survival mission where each hero doesn't revive. An enemy Bumblebee, since enemy heroes don't revive.)
    ...well, I think that was the reason... It's been a while since I played... :eek:

2. Gamer of War

Gamer of War Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2014
    For some reason if enemy bugs are too close to Slug, he can't attack them with his Electric Gun, unless it's an Overload. I'm not sure if that's intentional or not (hopefully not).

3. HooblaDGN

HooblaDGN Active Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Hey guys,

I finally upgraded from my old iPhone 4 and now I can finally play this!

I read in the reviews that it is very generous with its currencies but I have been doing missions and it seems to be slow going.

What are the best ways to earn currency here? I will definitely buy some to support this awesome company but can't buy all of the dudes with cash.

If it helps, I have Ant, Beetle, Bumblebee, Pillbug, and Slug unlocked so far.

4. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Slug, bumblebee and pillbug for LIFE!
    If you want gems you can do the easy skirmish level in ~15 seconds with slug alone.
    Stars have to be gained manually the slow way.
    If you're going to go for the long haul I'd get one of the last three gems. They don't directoy affect the gameplay but give you some extras like extra stars and bonus scrolls.

5. XenoCrusade

XenoCrusade Member

Jul 1, 2014

Personally, I'd suggest you bear the brunt by going through the missions first, until you're satisfied with your current arsenal of upgrades and heroes. The more stars you have, the more upgrades and heroes you'll have free of charge.
    At some point, you'll encounter more difficult missions with slightly higher rewards; there will also be some missions with special conditions that can grant diamonds up to a range of 4~16.

Generally though, doing Skirmishes are often more efficient for gaining diamonds than doing missions with varying conditions.
    Then again, you got a pretty good set of heroes. Bumblebee, Pillbug, and Slug in particular can burn through the enemy food stash very easily.

Going with what Duivs also mentioned, you can invest diamonds for banner gems. Compared to the last three in the list, the other banner gems are considered cheats for fun.
    You can still use them for farming, though. Buy the Ability Gem and let Slug use his Static Discharge skill at the very start of a Normal Skirmish Match, and done; you finished the match within 20 seconds and gained two diamonds. Rinse and repeat.

6. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    #2886 brothamannp11911, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    Just unlocked Fly Bandit and Moth today... i had just started picKing this back up after a few months off. Within the Bug Heroes 2 mix, they are completely unique characters. Moth is pretty similar to the H&C Cleric, very useful as support. The Bandit could definitely become a go to, and is a powerful creep sweeper.

Going to start saving up for at least one more of the super bugs, I have Field Mouse, don't know which one I'll go for. Still have worm to get but will get him through the star unlocks.

Seriously, this is one of the most strategic games I've ever played, it has so much variety with the different heroes, the different ways you can even "build" them up, different base configs... Plus the variety of enemies....

The only two knocks I feel, ultimately, that I have with this game is that you get the same rounds over and over, instead of random mission rounds. The other one is lack of maps. I wish theyd done more. Same thing with Heroes and Castles... Lack of maps.

Still, a 9/10 after a year of Bug Heroes 2!!!!!

This game deserves more recognition.

7. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Is there a bug (pun not intended) when using the pillbug? The pillbug isn't firing the weapon whether auto or not. Clicking the manual fire button does nothing.

8. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #2888 Intendro, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
    He can't shoot while moving. And there's a small delay before he starts firing.

9. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    And that is intentional correct? I remember being able to shoot while moving using the Pillbug before, I recently reinstalled the game to play again so if this was addressed in an update I wouldn't have known.

10. Gamer of War

Apr 11, 2014
    That's the downside of Pillbug, he can't run n' gun :O

11. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Are you sure you're not thinking of Ant?
    Think of Pillbug like a turret on legs. You can shoot, or move, but not both.

12. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Been that way since beta (and probably before then). And yep, intentional, an integral part of Pillbug's unique gameplay mechanisms.

13. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    Probably thinking of worm or ant since they both shoot and can move. It's been a long time since I played the game so I have forgotten a lot of things.

14. Gamer of War

Apr 11, 2014
    Guys, what Legendary do you think is the most OP? Personally, I think it's Hamster. Equip some Shield and Vampiric scrolls and within a minute of combat, you're healing 118 per hit.

15. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    From what others have said, field mouse is apparently the best.
    He can take down a horde of those ranged bugs that link together by electricity and deal massive damage, which normally signals game over for any melee unit.

16. XenoCrusade

XenoCrusade Member

Jul 1, 2014
    Hard to decide on that one. I like all of them...

Most OP legendary would either be Field Mouse, Vampiric Hamster, or Crit Mantis.

Next most OP to consider could have been Stickbug or Tarantula... If it weren't for that mind control bug. ;~;

17. Gamer of War

Apr 11, 2014
    Does anyone have a feeling that some bugs just...don't cut it? Like they shouldn't belong in the game, for sucking so much...

18. XenoCrusade

XenoCrusade Member

Jul 1, 2014
    Such as?

Well, it makes sense to say that some heroes just aren't meant to handle certain situations.
    Not to mention that heroes like Crab Spider have weaknesses or shortcomings.
    Like explosives.
    Which appear more frequently in later rounds.
    Along with other bullet projectiles that you'll very likely be using Line-Breaker on.
    So GgNoRe.

19. Gamer of War

Apr 11, 2014
    Well for starters there's Fly. His revolvers aren't that great, and his summons are limited to...SEVEN. His other 3 abilities are meh, and his passive isn't that great either.

20. Gamer of War

Apr 11, 2014
    I've been thinking about a way to fix Tarantula's Bug Banner related bug. What if instead of converting a large number of creeps for a temporary amount of time, we convert slightly less forever?

Level 1 Mind Control: 3 creeps / 1 creep
    Level 2 Mind Control: 4 creeps / 2 creeps
    Level 3 Mind Control: 5 creeps / 3 creeps
    Level 4 Mind Control: 6 creeps / 4 creeps
    Level 5 Mind Control: 7 creeps / 5 creeps

Everyone wins!